Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

6 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

Lookin forward to pictures 

Me too!  I hate not being able to do anything with it for another 30 minutes or so LOL.  Should be fun trying to get everything in there :wacko:.

33 minutes ago, gena said:

Me too!  I hate not being able to do anything with it for another 30 minutes or so LOL.  Should be fun trying to get everything in there :wacko:.

Party at Gena's? :lol:  Fingers crossed you can get everything in that you want!

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Party at Gena's? :lol:  Fingers crossed you can get everything in that you want!

A clean up party! :D

5 hours ago, kimberbee said:

How did it go?!?! :scarry:

Went well!!!!  I'm really happy with how it turned out.  Not surprisingly, I wasn't able to keep everything.  But that's ok.  This tank fits my room and my personality, so much better.  Looks like it's been running for years, not just hours :lol:.

593993a6f4230_ScreenShot2017-06-08at11_09_12AM.thumb.png.5c2c88ee726ca33571f3c6a58296a937.png593993af164e6_ScreenShot2017-06-08at11_09_00AM.thumb.png.7b81e1f304560c7b9df37303f7e3f8d8.png

• Like 14
Sharbuckle

Wow. Looks pretty friggin awesome! Great job placing the corals. It really does look like its been established for a long time haha

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Sharbuckle said:

Wow. Looks pretty friggin awesome! Great job placing the corals. It really does look like its been established for a long time haha

Haha...thanks!  I thought I did pretty good considering I placed the rocks in with almost zero visibility last night :lol:.  THe tank was a sand storm.  This morning I tweaked it a bit, not the rocks, but individual corals.  I originally had my big green leather in there, but resigned myself to removing it today, there's no way it was going to work.  I'll be able to keep all of my blastos!!!!  That was important to me.  All in all, I'm quite happy with it.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, DCUEVAS74 said:

Looks fabulous!

Thank you!!!

And even though it's full, there's still room for growth.  I have some zoas that can expand, some blastos that can expand.  And, hopefully my fiji leather up at the top will get yellow again :) 

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, gena said:

A clean up party! :D

Went well!!!!  I'm really happy with how it turned out.  Not surprisingly, I wasn't able to keep everything.  But that's ok.  This tank fits my room and my personality, so much better.  Looks like it's been running for years, not just hours :lol:.

593993a6f4230_ScreenShot2017-06-08at11_09_12AM.thumb.png.5c2c88ee726ca33571f3c6a58296a937.png593993af164e6_ScreenShot2017-06-08at11_09_00AM.thumb.png.7b81e1f304560c7b9df37303f7e3f8d8.png

This looks great!!!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

If you are happy. We are happy for you. 

1 minute ago, Lula_Mae said:

Looks fabulous! Would there be room for a frag of the leather?

Thanks!  Possibly.  I'd have to look towards the back behind the pink palys.  I also want to consider the fiji leather's growth.  I could leave the room open for that, which I'm inclined to do :).

• Like 2
1 hour ago, RIP Sebastian said:

Stunning!

Thank you very much!!! :)

Gonna head out to my LFS with my extra corals.  Get some more store credit :happydance:.

• Like 1

I actually just bought a little frag of green sinularia, inspired by yours.  May he find a happy home somewhere in a great tank!  Mine is presently very pale and limp lol.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I actually just bought a little frag of green sinularia, inspired by yours.  May he find a happy home somewhere in a great tank!  Mine is presently very pale and limp lol.

It's an awesome coral!  Mine got HUGE!  Doesn't take long.  I actually picked up mine as a teeny tiny clipping from someone local.  That was when I was breaking down my 45 gallon cube tank. 

I was at my LFS today and saw my fox coral....and the anemone crab still with it :wub:.  I can't even tell you how happy that makes me.  They are in a giant tank at the store :).

• Like 5
44 minutes ago, gena said:

It's an awesome coral!  Mine got HUGE!  Doesn't take long.  I actually picked up mine as a teeny tiny clipping from someone local.  That was when I was breaking down my 45 gallon cube tank. 

I was at my LFS today and saw my fox coral....and the anemone crab still with it :wub:.  I can't even tell you how happy that makes me.  They are in a giant tank at the store :).

I got it on ebay for only $5 more than a half-inch nub from the LFS lol.  Hope it perks up soon!

I am glad they are still together!  I hope they get to stay together a long time.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, gena said:

For those that don't follow instagram :).

I saw this on Instagram earlier and thought that's like a instant TOTM

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I got it on ebay for only $5 more than a half-inch nub from the LFS lol.  Hope it perks up soon!

I am glad they are still together!  I hope they get to stay together a long time.

Nice!  I haven't looked at eBay for corals recently.  I'll have to check them out just to see, not to buy :) .  I remember seeing some beautiful blastos on there in the past but always way out of my price range.

3 minutes ago, Addinali said:

I saw this on Instagram earlier and thought that's like a instant TOTM

Haha...yeah, helps to start out with colonies instead of frags :).  Although some of the corals in here are frags of my colonies.  When I was at my LFS today, he had a giant baseball sized colony of turquoise trumpets.  The owner pointed out that it was one I had brought in last year :D.  It's growing well for him too.

Just realized I need to start a new thread!  I'll do that soon.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...