Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

Marvin is a great name for a PSW :)

It really suits him :D. So I guess the name is Marvin. I'm kinda excited that my husband had interest enough to name the fish :lol:.

Loves his home!

He does :). I always hate getting new fish but as easy as these two were, I'm kinda wanting to get my helfrichi and gobies soon. I'll have to check the availability on Live Aquaria. It's more expensive than getting locally but their fish are just so healthy and I really trust them!

New photo from Instagram:

Remodel is ALMOST done! They are working on some trim work now. Then some paint. And that's it!!! :happydance:.

My macrame has also been keeping me busy. I now have an Etsy store! www.magnoliapark.etsy.com if you want to check it out. No sales yet, but that takes time. And networking and such. I have an instagram account for my macrame as well.

I made this owl yesterday. I ran out of rope on this one. Going to perfect it today :D. I love how the face turned out though. Eventually I'll try something different with the beak too.

• Like 6

Just cuz I want to try out the new site....here's a new picture of my bathroom LOL.  They put up the "accessories" today.  Towel bar, shelf, toilet paper holder, and towel ring :).

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-16%20at%2012.57.

I think it turned out great!  I'll need some sort of storage bin or shelving somewhere for things like towels, toiletries, blow dryer, etc.  But I'm really happy with the way it came together. 

• Like 14
38 minutes ago, gena said:

Just cuz I want to try out the new site....here's a new picture of my bathroom LOL.  They put up the "accessories" today.  Towel bar, shelf, toilet paper holder, and towel ring :).

I think it turned out great!  I'll need some sort of storage bin or shelving somewhere for things like towels, toiletries, blow dryer, etc.  But I'm really happy with the way it came together. 

It looks really good! I love the tile. Excellent choice.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, braaap said:

It looks really good! I love the tile. Excellent choice.

Thanks, braaap!!!!  Me too!  I love the retro look of it. Still can't use the room yet since we don't have a door.  We went with the old 3 panel door that is so common out here.  It matches all the other doors in the rest of the house and we wanted to keep it cohesive to give the illusion that this has always been like this LOL.  Plus we like "vintage".  Anyways, the bathroom door is taking awhile because installing an old door like that is 5 x more difficult than buying a new door at the store...so I've been told a few times now by the workers and contractor LOL.

5 hours ago, Slowtwitch said:

Very nice G!

6 hours ago, gena said:

:wub: looks amazing!

• Like 1
Just now, Lawn said:

:wub: looks amazing!

Awwww....thanks :flower:

I can't wait to be done!!!!!!  It's almost done.  And I'll be able to park my car in the garage again.  And I'll have a big walk-in closet.  I'm most excited about my closet.  Can't wait to get the closet organizing stuff installed.  I'm gonna have a shoe rack omgomgomg.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, gena said:

Looks great.  I love a crisp, white bathroom. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gena said:

Thanks, braaap!!!!  Me too!  I love the retro look of it. Still can't use the room yet since we don't have a door.  We went with the old 3 panel door that is so common out here.  It matches all the other doors in the rest of the house and we wanted to keep it cohesive to give the illusion that this has always been like this LOL.  Plus we like "vintage".  Anyways, the bathroom door is taking awhile because installing an old door like that is 5 x more difficult than buying a new door at the store...so I've been told a few times now by the workers and contractor LOL.

Who needs a door? We have 2 panel doors in our casa. They don't sound as fancy as yours though because we got them at Lowes and I installed them.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, braaap said:

Who needs a door? We have 2 panel doors in our casa. They don't sound as fancy as yours though because we got them at Lowes and I installed them.

Well, I would say the same except we don't have shutters on the windows yet and you can see right into the bathroom LOL.  The doors we have aren't that fancy.  That's why I like them.  They are simple/plain but they are vintage to the era of the house which makes them perfect :).  I'll be watching house hunters and instantly know they are in California because they have the same doors as us!  I'll take a picture of them when the room is all done.

On 2/15/2017 at 10:29 AM, gena said:

It really suits him :D. So I guess the name is Marvin. I'm kinda excited that my husband had interest enough to name the fish :lol:.

He does :). I always hate getting new fish but as easy as these two were, I'm kinda wanting to get my helfrichi and gobies soon. I'll have to check the availability on Live Aquaria. It's more expensive than getting locally but their fish are just so healthy and I really trust them!

New photo from Instagram:

Remodel is ALMOST done! They are working on some trim work now. Then some paint. And that's it!!! :happydance:.

My macrame has also been keeping me busy. I now have an Etsy store! www.magnoliapark.etsy.com if you want to check it out. No sales yet, but that takes time. And networking and such. I have an instagram account for my macrame as well.

I made this owl yesterday. I ran out of rope on this one. Going to perfect it today :D. I love how the face turned out though. Eventually I'll try something different with the beak too.

This softies tank looks beautiful!  I always liked the branching shape and large volume some softies like gorgs and finger leathers have, and I'd like to fill out the left drop-off side of my tank with similar specimens.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, J-Ranko said:

This softies tank looks beautiful!  I always liked the branching shape and large volume some softies like gorgs and finger leathers have, and I'd like to fill out the left drop-off side of my tank with similar specimens.  

Thank you!!!!!  I have all softies and LPS.  No SPS.  I'll look forward to seeing how your SPS do in this tank and with the Prime.  I have that light too :).

Here's a video I took on Friday.....

• Like 7
6 minutes ago, Rehype said:

Looks beautiful as always gena!

Thank you!!!! I see you have a drop-off now too!  I still need to go through your tank thread :).   I love seeing all of these drop-offs now.  I think we'll be seeing more and more now.  I post a lot on Instagram and I get lots of messages from people that want to start one of these tanks!!!!  They are so fun to aquascape.  Just so different and unique.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, gena said:

Thank you!!!! I see you have a drop-off now too!  I still need to go through your tank thread :).   I love seeing all of these drop-offs now.  I think we'll be seeing more and more now.  I post a lot on Instagram and I get lots of messages from people that want to start one of these tanks!!!!  They are so fun to aquascape.  Just so different and unique.

Yea im a bit late to the party... took me a while to get my head back in the game :lol:Not much too see at the moment as I havent added any livestock yet.. just letting the bacterial colonies mature since its going to be mostly filled with SPS. Its honestly the last conquest in my reefing career. Ive always wanted to scape something as interesting/unique as a drop off and while it was challenging it was alot of fun.

• Like 1
On 10/11/2016 at 6:38 PM, gena said:

Grabbed a quick and dirty pic LOL. My living room is a disaster right now. Maybe you can see that in the reflection. I have a big utility light for painting and a lot of stuff moved to the center of the room while I paint :). But I love the way the tank looks and I love the wall color. Towels still under the armoire for easy moving...that thing is heavy!!!! Still moving things around. But there's only so much you can do with a small house. It will be cozy for sure when all is said and done :).

pic.....

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-11%20at%206.35.1

Nice work on the stand!  I used a generic Ikea shelf unit, but I wish I had gone DIY like yours. :) 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Rehype said:

Yea im a bit late to the party... took me a while to get my head back in the game :lol:Not much too see at the moment as I havent added any livestock yet.. just letting the bacterial colonies mature since its going to be mostly filled with SPS. Its honestly the last conquest in my reefing career. Ive always wanted to scape something as interesting/unique as a drop off and while it was challenging it was alot of fun.

I don't think you are that late to the party!  These only seem to be gaining popularity now.  Or maybe I too have been late to the party LOL.

14 hours ago, J-Ranko said:

Nice work on the stand!  I used a generic Ikea shelf unit, but I wish I had gone DIY like yours. :) 

Thanks!  I can only take credit for painting it!  But I'm so glad we did the DIY stand.  It fits the tank perfectly.  They really need to sell a stand just for this tank.

• Like 1