inTank Media Baskets

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

fishfreak0114

Very nice!  That double plant hanger is awesome!!!  It's neat that you collect your own supplies, that is some very nice wood :) 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Very nice!  That double plant hanger is awesome!!!  It's neat that you collect your own supplies, that is some very nice wood :) 

Thanks!  I'm totally into finding my own material.  So far I've been able to get free Sycamore branches and free bamboo from my own yard.  I'm going to plant a birch tree in the next couple of weeks so eventually I'll be able to use that as well.  It's funny, now when I'm out walking, I'm always checking fallen branches for something interesting/unique that I can use for my art :).

• Like 2
3 hours ago, gena said:

Sorry :(.  Jackie and I were talking on Instagram.  She thinks it could ship Priority mail just fine.  I'm not ready to hack at it yet, but probably this fall.  If you still need one then, I can hook you up!

Thanks!  I think they are hit and miss.  It really depends on who is in charge of your store's fish department.  As long as the guy we have sticks around, it should be good :).

I will probably be about ready for one in the fall haha.  Hoping to have a larger tank up by then since 1.6 gallons doesn't leave a lot of room lol.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2017 at 1:30 AM, gena said:

Thanks! I'm really happy with how everything is coming together! Today we had someone come out for a quote on shutters for the windows. That went really well :).

Thank you!!!!

Yeah, the brace is very unobtrusive and does the job :). You are so right. It was easy but also WORK! Actually, it took longer than I expected it to but only because the water was cloudy from the sand and I couldn't see clearly to place the rock. The sand comes with a little package of some liquid that guarantees to clear the water fast. It works wonders! Within a couple of hours I could see things again LOL.

Thanks so much!!! I'm really happy with this tank. I could see myself being satisfied with this one for several years. I think the longest I've kept a tank running without upgrading or downgrading is two years.

Here's a video I made today....

I just finally made it through the whole thread (yep, the whole thing!) and was wondering if you could post a close-up sometime of the blastos you mention here.  Purple being my favorite color and all! :happy:  So neat to see the evolution of this wonderful tank!

• Like 1
On 5/26/2017 at 11:06 AM, Lula_Mae said:

I just finally made it through the whole thread (yep, the whole thing!) and was wondering if you could post a close-up sometime of the blastos you mention here.  Purple being my favorite color and all! :happy:  So neat to see the evolution of this wonderful tank!

Here they are :)

I was hoping they'd be more colorful, but after several months they haven't changed.   I still love them though cuz....they're blastos :wub:.

I just took this picture now.  They aren't quite fully plumped up yet, cuz lights just recently came on.  But you get the idea.

Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 9.33.37 AM.png

and here's the most recent FTS.  From a couple of days ago.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, gena said:

I was hoping they'd be more colorful, but after several months they haven't changed.   I still love them though cuz....they're blastos :wub:.

I just took this picture now.  They aren't quite fully plumped up yet, cuz lights just recently came on.  But you get the idea.

Thanks!  They have such a pretty, subdued coloration, but the purple is fabulous!

Your little plate is turning into a dinner plate!:lol:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gena said:

Beautiful as always. 

I didn't even know you could cut a Fox Coral, that's something I've never tried before. 

Have you done it?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

Thanks!  They have such a pretty, subdued coloration, but the purple is fabulous!

Your little plate is turning into a dinner plate!:lol:

Yep...I like the purple a lot.  And totally on the plate.  This is the most successful plate I've had!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, gena said:

Yep...I like the purple a lot.  And totally on the plate.  This is the most successful plate I've had!

That's great!  I have always wanted to try a plate.  Maybe someday!

For now I am taking my sick clownfish back to the store. :( First saltwater fish is a fail lol.

1 hour ago, Weetabix7 said:

Beautiful as always. 

I didn't even know you could cut a Fox Coral, that's something I've never tried before. 

Have you done it?

Thanks Weetie!!!!

I asked my LFS to cut it for me with their saw.  It was a piece of cake for them.  I took a 1/4 of it and they kept the rest.

So.........

Some new developments......

I think my tank is leaking :o

I found some salt creep at the corner where the drop off is (where it makes an upside down L shape.  Now I may have been messy and spilled and it collected in the actual groove that the seam has (can't be good either right?), or it's got a leak.  I cleaned off the salt creep and when I touch it it feels "damp" to me.  Could be my imagination lol.  But I think it's damp.  I taped a piece of paper towel to it to see if that shows anything.  This is something new so is it going to get worse?  Probably.  I don't want to take a chance.  So I'll be taking this tank down...if there is indeed a leak.  Still determining that.  I will NOT replace with another one of these tanks.  Two tries is enough!  So I have to figure out what to do.  I don't want to build another stand either.  and I don't want to spend a ton of money on a replacement.  I love an AIO.  I am very limited :(.  The stand is like 20x20".  It's got to look nice...I'm spoiled with this tank looking so custom.  Also considering taking a break completely.   Unless I get a little biocube type tank.  Ugh...any suggestions?  I want AIO. 

Hopefully it's not leaking fingerscrossed

5 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

That's great!  I have always wanted to try a plate.  Maybe someday!

For now I am taking my sick clownfish back to the store. :( First saltwater fish is a fail lol.

Ugh....sorry.  I may have a fail too :mellow:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, gena said:

Thanks Weetie!!!!

I asked my LFS to cut it for me with their saw.  It was a piece of cake for them.  I took a 1/4 of it and they kept the rest.

So.........

I found some salt creep at the corner where the drop off is (where it makes an upside down L shape.  Now I may have been messy and spilled and it collected in the actual groove that the seam has (can't be good either right?), or it's got a leak.  I cleaned off the salt creep and when I touch it it feels "damp" to me.  Could be my imagination lol.  But I think it's damp.  I taped a piece of paper towel to it to see if that shows anything.  This is something new so is it going to get worse?  Probably.  I don't want to take a chance.  So I'll be taking this tank down...if there is indeed a leak.  Still determining that.  I will NOT replace with another one of these tanks.  Two tries is enough!  So I have to figure out what to do.  I don't want to build another stand either.  and I don't want to spend a ton of money on a replacement.  I love an AIO.  I am very limited :(.  The stand is like 20x20".  It's got to look nice...I'm spoiled with this tank looking so custom.  Also considering taking a break completely.   Unless I get a little biocube type tank.  Ugh...any suggestions?  I want AIO. 

Oh noooooo!!!!!! :tears:  I was looking at the IM Atoll for a future tank.  Are there any AIO's with similar dimensions?  How big is the Red Sea Nano tank (and is it an option)?  20H with AC in a pinch?  Ugh what a bummer!  You haven't even had this tank that long!

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, gena said:

Thanks Weetie!!!!

So.........

I'm really hoping it isn't actually leaking. 

Another member on here, @DevFishe, thought his tank was leaking recently and found that he had just spilled saltwater on it. 

Give it a chance, the paper towel test is a good idea. 

Really, really, REALLY don't want to see you get out, you're a definite asset to this Community and I love every system that you've set up. 

If you actually do have to replace this tank, I'm the community here can help you figure out a good, workable replacement. 

If, God forbid, you do actually get out temporarily, please keep me in mind for some of the beauties you have in there. 

But I want you to stay!!!!!!!

There has to be a way. 

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Oh noooooo!!!!!! :tears:  I was looking at the IM Atoll for a future tank.  Are there any AIO's with similar dimensions?  How big is the Red Sea Nano tank (and is it an option)?  20H with AC in a pinch?  Ugh what a bummer!  You haven't even had this tank that long!

There's really not a lot of choices out there.  I was just looking.  The stand is actually 20 1/4" x 15 1/2"..we custom made it for the drop-off tank.  And everything is so expensive, which is making me want to just throw in the towel. 

I'll keep looking.  I even checked craigslist, but haven't found anything there either.  It is a bummer.

34 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Another member on here, @DevFishe, thought his tank was leaking recently and found that he had just spilled saltwater on it. 

Really, really, REALLY don't want to see you get out, you're a definite asset to this Community and I love every system that you've set up. 

If you actually do have to replace this tank, I'm the community here can help you figure out a good, workable replacement. 

If, God forbid, you do actually get out temporarily, please keep me in mind for some of the beauties you have in there. 

There has to be a way. 

Thank you :flower:   

Yeah, I'm hoping it's not.  I should probably know in a few days.  If it is leaking, it's VERY slow.  I only found salt creep...no liquid.  And nothing since.  So far so good.

I'm gonna keep looking for possible replacements, just in case :).  And of course I'd keep you in mind if I do end up getting out completely!!!!

• Like 1

I was just feeling the back side in the same place and it has that "damp" feeling to me too (and has the grooves in the seam, and no salt creep) LOL.  So I'm really HOPEFUL now that it was just a spill on my part :happydance:.  I'll let you guys know what happens.  Feeling more hopeful now though.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, gena said:

I was just feeling the back side in the same place and it has that "damp" feeling to me too (and has the grooves in the seam, and no salt creep) LOL.  So I'm really HOPEFUL now that it was just a spill on my part :happydance:.  I'll let you guys know what happens.  Feeling more hopeful now though.

It's gotta be a spill cause having you get out even temporarily is NOT an option :D

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

There has to be a way. 

I'm with Weetie lol.  IF you have to get out, keep me in mind as well, but I'd rather just be in line for frags of corals that continue to grace your tank for a long time to come! :happy:

• Like 3
12 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

I'm with Weetie lol.  IF you have to get out, keep me in mind as well, but I'd rather just be in line for frags of corals that continue to grace your tank for a long time to come! :happy:

Yes, exactly!!!

• Like 2

It's a leak :tears:.  I knew about 11pm last night.  ugh.  Looked at tanks again last night.  Nothing is floating my boat that isn't soooo expensive.  I don't want to do HOB filter.  I don't want a sump.  I want my tank I have now LOL.  AIO.  White.  Pretty. LOL.  Ugh.  I was ready to take the whole thing down last night.  Like, not take it down last night, but was prepared to do it this week.  Now looking at the tank this morning, I don't want to do that.  I don't want to quit.  But then again, it would be nice to take a little break.  Get my thoughts together.  Plan something without a rush.  I'm not sure how fast I need to move on this.  I don't think it's a detrimental location where the tank will explode at any moment.  What do you guys think? 

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 8.26.14 AM.png

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, gena said:

It's a leak :tears:.  I knew about 11pm last night.  ugh.  Looked at tanks again last night.  Nothing is floating my boat that isn't soooo expensive.  I don't want to do HOB filter.  I don't want a sump.  I want my tank I have now LOL.  AIO.  White.  Pretty. LOL.  Ugh.  I was ready to take the whole thing down last night.  Like, not take it down last night, but was prepared to do it this week.  Now looking at the tank this morning, I don't want to do that.  I don't want to quit.  But then again, it would be nice to take a little break.  Get my thoughts together.  Plan something without a rush.  I'm not sure how fast I need to move on this.  I don't think it's a detrimental location where the tank will explode at any moment.  What do you guys think? 

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 8.26.14 AM.png

:o

oh no!

I say keep your eyes peeled on the crack while figuring out your next move.

Positive spin: :flower: Maybe the tank just got too perfect. 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Ugh awful to hear! The tank is beautiful, but now you've had two major issues with it. :(

Yep and this is the replacement.  Should have kept the original LOL.  I wrote the company,sent them a picture.  If they send me another, I won't set it up.  I'll just sell it.  Been burned twice now with this style tank.  Looks great, but they need to work out the kinks or something.  See that gap in the photo.  The tank fits as squarely as it possibly can on that pedestal, but there is still a gap at the top.  Maybe that put stress on the tank and it had a bad seam there. 

What should I do????  I was looking for the old school Red Sea Max on CL.   I think that one is a 34 gallon.  Or should I go way smaller and just keep a select few favorite corals....have a little desk top tank.  10 gallon max?

5 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

:o

oh no!

I say keep your eyes peeled on the crack while figuring out your next move.

Positive spin: :flower: Maybe the tank just got too perfect. 

I'll wait to see what IM says :).  And thank you  :flower:

• Like 2

I am just so disappointed to see it's a leak. Arrgh :angry:

I think it would be cool to see what you do with a 10g desktop - I've always liked everything about my IM10 except not much room in the back for a skimmer. Low maintenance and you can see everything right up close, so it's more like growing a bonsai tree than growing a garden. You can work on getting everything "just right".

• Like 4