Coral Vue Hydros

Legendary Winner!

Mirya

So this nice big package arrived today...

Legendary_zpsl19vgu2v.jpg

Yup, I won the zoa pack from the recent live sale contest. :D Pics to follow as work allows...

Cencalfishguy56

Just got home from work. First some dinner... them some photo uploading!

Reefing before food! Cmoooooonnnn man haha naw my paychecks go to food and reefing :(

Tease

I'm a red head. It's what we do. ;)

the%20box_zps3ypvus3a.jpg

I thought I'd include some unboxing pics for those who perhaps haven't ordered from LC before to see the quality of the packing (not just the excellence of the zoas!).

The box included my order from the live sale in addition to the zoa prize pack. Here is what made up the zoa prize pack:

The%20Prize_zpso2fmreka.jpg

LC individually bags each morph, labels it, then seals it inside another bag.

HarryPotter

The box included my order from the live sale in addition to the zoa prize pack. Here is what made up the zoa prize pack:

The%20Prize_zpso2fmreka.jpg

LC individually bags each morph, labels it, then seals it inside another bag.

OPEN IT! OPEN IT! OPEN IT! omgomgomg

I've never received coral in the mail... It feels like Christmas!

Happy zoa all open while still in the bag:

happy%20zoa_zpst1ufwtxh.jpg

Outer bag cut open, popping out the inner bag. LC must have some cool heal sealer thing to package up the bags like this:

innerbag_zpsflfcidkx.jpg

Inner bags cut open. The stem of each zoa frag plug is pushed through the bottom of a mini condiment cup. This protects the polyps as the plug rolls around in the bag during shipping. I actually like this better than LC's old method of packaging. Their old method was super secure -- corals would never get injured during shipping. They essentially encased each frag in one of those plastic capsules like you would get toys out of from a quarter machine. They were just a &*(&^ to pop off the stem frag plug and I smashed a few zoas in the process. These condiment cups though were easy to remove, but still did an excellent job protecting the coral.

zoacups_zpswcgk1ch5.jpg

Everyone went through a CoralRX dip, then into my frag tank they went. This is immediately after they had been dipped, then placed in the tank. I think all the zoas were thinking,"WTF" at this point. Everyone closed up while in the CoralRx dip, but some were brave enough to start to open soon after going into the frag tank.

immediate_zpslr7hngfs.jpg

After I took this picture I went to work. And as you know, only got home an hour and a half ago. My tank lights had auto shut off right before I got home, so all the zoas had gone to bed as it were. However, I flicked the lights back on when I got home and took my time eating dinner so they would open back up for some better pictures.

So here is how they are looking tonight. (The pictures from earlier in the thread I took about 13 hours ago.)

First under some more "daylight" conditions:

group1_zpsbbrkqklc.jpg

Then cranking up the blues:

group2_zps7onternx.jpg

Then adding in a filter to better display the fluorescence:

group3_zpsidf4tpv9.jpg

If I kept everything straight as I unpacked things the zoas are

Column 1 from top to bottom: Glitter bombs, Viscous Vixens

Column 2 from top to bottom: White Velvet, Goldilocks, Apparitions (closed up polyps)

Column 3 from top to bottom: Gold Maul, Golden Princess (closed up polyps), LC Hyper Phoenix

I'm going to go pass out now. Tomorrow I should get home at a more reasonable hour (ie when the tank lights are still on). Everything should be more settled and I'll get better pictures.

Awesomeness! Can someone ident these zoas? Nobody seems to know, and they grow like weeds.

IMG_0626_zpslwu99q2p.jpg77B48665-C827-4232-B5E8-DB0EEFFEA180_zps

Top pic looks like RPE's.

Congrats on winning the zoas!

Archived