Innovative Marine Aquariums

No idea what they are or if they are good?

akish5

H. auroras has transparent tentacles, regardless of color. the photo posted does not appear to have transparent tentacles, when viewing on my phone. Do you know how many anemone has inflated rings? a lot. so I agree the tentacles alone shouldn't be a determining factor. One could argue that an abundant pressence of nutrients could cause an explosion of zoox, which would turn the tentacles Brown. but if that were th case the rings should also turn a shade of brown.

It's not the inflation of the rings but I mentioned the shape. Which is why I mentioned the sine curve shape for annulata and the more pronounced acute shaped rings on the aurora. Which takes the transparent look out of the equation. So that way we can ignore your argument for color of the tentacles. I've kept annulata with near clear tentacles, solid/light grey, solid/light brown, and a mix in between. I've also taken care of an aurora. The mouth and tentacle layout is different as mentioned above. So that way you can disregard the shape and color of the tentacles altogether. Which is why I was trying to demonstrate that the transparency of the tentacles has little to do with the identification.

I don't know why you object to the annulata because of the darkness of the tentacles. Color varies in so many ways and not ideal for identification. Regardless the two anemones live in two seperated oceans and since the rock came as a hitchhiker from florida waters the aurora is out of the question.

Color is different than transparency. We can't see the oral disc or mouth because it's stuck in a crevice. your descriptions are not necessarily wrong, it's not enough to rule out another species, or even genus.

Color is different than transparency. We can't see the oral disc or mouth because it's stuck in a crevice. your descriptions are not necessarily wrong, it's not enough to rule out another species, or even genus.

ok So how florida live rock had a species of anemone from across the globe? Or not. I'm sorry I can't convince you the correct type of anemone is pictured but this is getting tiresome typing long descriptions on my phone. I'm merely trying to help the op with the identification since I've had experience with both anemones.

ok So how florida live rock had a species of anemone from across the globe? Or not. I'm sorry I can't convince you the correct type of anemone is pictured but this is getting tiresome typing long descriptions on my phone. I'm merely trying to help the op with the identification since I've had experience with both anemones.

you did good explaining identification :)

+1 on curly for the second on. 1st one looks like some sort of glass nem. Either sell the rock they are on or try to piss it off in a container with lost of flow so it will let go and move around.

that method works like a charm :)

So the Aurora sells for $40 and the Bartholomea annulata sells for about $10. Alpheus armatus pistol shrimp will only host in the Bartholomea annulata so somebody out there wants one.

Archived