Innovative Marine Aquariums

BTA v. 20 Long

righttirefire

I'm in keizer, oregon. Work in Hillsboro oregon.

I don't know why it hasn't made a run for corals. I rescaped last weekend too. Getting the sps closer to the light. I typically don't post about it moves, unless it's in the "danger zone"

20150918_152721_zpseq0f5p7f.jpg

This is the new scape. You can see even the RBTA hangs out on the edge of the light. It's a fluval marine / reef led 24" light, but the legs stretch to 34" so the 3" to either dude of the light is pretty low

Nice scape! Cant wait to see a NanoBox over that.

Careful to not burn anything!

Edit:

Must be an old FTS, I can't find the clam! :o

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2015092295182403_zpsc9tpc3jm.jpg

I need to buy another wetside and more foam covers. MP10 has been off since before 5am. And this little creature is still too close to restart. So only flow from return pump today...

I laugh every time I see that lone polyp up there on your foam cover hahaha.

I think the nano box will help solve alot of these issues, those fluval lights just don't have the output you'd expect. As already mentioned, careful not to fry everything with the new light. You'll be supprised how much more PAR the nano box will have.

But then again it could just be 'that' nem like the trolly with the wonky wheel at the suppermarket.

When I finally got home last night it was standing up on top of that lone zoa. This morning back wall. Maybe 1" off the sand and 1" from the overflow. I imagine it'll walk the back wall in the next couple days and crawl back up to the RBTA.

I can't imagine the mess that would make... sushi BTA... I put that foam on but never expected to be digging an anemone out of it.

1 Hour Update:

20150519_182905_zpslzjupbyg.jpg

mouth gapping, some testicle bubble.

gender identity issues..wandering around aimlessly in life.. looking for purpose.. someone to love on those testicle bubbles. needs light and clownfish and less of the bachelor lifestyle. I've set up a cube without powerheads using an AI Prime. So far so good. First nem even rode out a mini cycle after I added some liverock and spiked the ammonia to 4ppm.

20150923_173123_zpsdmcqvpk0.jpg

So I didn't realize this demon has such a following. I'll do a little better job documenting it's adventures. As you can see the RBTA is tanning. And hasn't moved since it's introduction about 1 month ago.

20150923_173045_zpsviq6i8tn.jpg

So, either this little terror is trying to prove it can control me and/or its just an adrenaline junkie.

Morning inspection found the BTA half off the powerhead... half of its foot was flapping in the pulse of the MP10.

maybe with me back in school 2 nights a week it's just acting out for attention... this makes 3 days this week my mp10 has been shut off.

Tonight, if it's still on the foam. The foam and the BTA will be relocated to the RBTA...

I'm going to figure out how to disipline this monster. It was still on the MP10 when I got home last night.

20150925_104148_zpsarlppj9i.jpg

So I peeled the foam off the powerhead and tucked it and the BTA under the rock with the RBTA. Over night it moved onto the rock so I put the foam back on the mp10 and turned it back on. Now this little guy is walking down hill again... lower light lower flow.

20150925_104155_zps50aqnkie.jpg

They're beautiful to watch walk. You can see the foot puffed out and moving

• 2 weeks later...
righttirefire

20150928_181949_zpsnebdyrwk.jpg

This was 092815.

Over the week it moved, upset some mushrooms, they recovered. But this us day 3 of hanging out in one spot... I'm hopeful

20151004_113003_zpsi6joqh70.jpg

I was forced to move my little a can frag, but not real damage from the BTA.

righttirefire

20151006_153843_zpsamq78izk.jpg

So I'm at work and get this text... off to school now. Someone looks a little stressed. I've seen it like this before so I'm not worried.

reefernanoman

20151006_153843_zpsamq78izk.jpg

So I'm at work and get this text... off to school now. Someone looks a little stressed. I've seen it like this before so I'm not worried.

Gaping mouth. It looks very stressed.

• 2 months later...
righttirefire

2015120795142341_zpsbl58luxp.jpg

And the adventure continues... it started walking again yesterday. Just above it and to the right is the hole and crevice it was anchored in for a while, over a month.

Not it's it the entrance to the goby's burrow...

Bet are being taken, back into the mp10 or over the overflow?

gulfsurfer101

Guess I got really lucky with mine! It's been glued down to the same rock for three years now and moved at least as many times. Moved from my 75g to my 20l just recently and still holding strong. Now if I could only get it to split instead of growing. Some days it's almost a foot across!

righttirefire

So. Neither it stayed planted overnight. No reason to return it. It's part of the character of BTAS, plus I'm light acclimating to the nanobox quad... so it's an adventure

Far from an expert with anemones, but consider placing your MP-10 on the back wall for a couple days and see what kind of response are you getting from the anemone.

righttirefire

I'm hoping it'll settle. I don't care where it settles but I'm already "messing" with the light. I don't want to start messing with the flow too.

Good to know that the foam cover is still not enough to prevent a bta from getting sucked in. I think if I decide to do a bta down the road, I'll cover with a nylon and the foam cover over that. It's posts like this that help others avoid these situations. Thanks.

^ I'm already cleaning the foam on my MP-10 every other day and the flow is reduced significantly...can't imagine having a nylon mesh on it as well...

Archived