Cultivated Reef

BTA v. 20 Long

righttirefire

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
righttirefire

20150521_174424_zpssv8hthgd.jpg

Decided not to try moving it off the rock. But put it back in the display. And turned for observation. Maybe it won't leap from here...

And that mean MP10 is now in the timeout basket

20150521_174431_zpsmsmza8iy.jpg

righttirefire

It's looking promising. I truly believe it'll survive. I just never expected it to "jump" first time BTA keeper

Great idea moving the basket over the pump. Hopefully he closes his mouth soon, that would be a good sign.

righttirefire

It's tempermental. In the first week I've had it. It's been beautiful. Gapping. Beautuful. Suicidal. And recovering. I feed it 1 mysis shrimp today. And it's "tightening" up tonight. I'm not doing anything goes special. I'm confident I the system I've built and time and husbandry is what will.make this success... I'm going back to my fish keeping ideals. Take care of the tank. Observe and slowly correct. No emotional backed reactions... so I'm un-naming "Strom" my diamond goby. He's just diamond goby

I refuse to humanize my prisoners!

Go buy some panty hose. Cut the foot off and rubber band it around the pump. It'll fit "skin" tight and if you get black you wont even notice. Now, it does kill a good bit of the power though.....but you're doing that already with your basket. Only difference I can't answer for is whether or not it's bad for the pump to be pulling in less water through the panty hose. BUT that's what I do when I have this problem.

Looks like it'll pull through, good job on the rescue and nursing it back to health. A few years back I had a GBTA that got sucked into a jebao wavemaker, it was almost cut in half and lost about a third of its body. I kept it in plastic breeder box for a month, fed it some fish pellets every now and then. It was back to normal within a month, split into 2 and one of them even released eggs regularly.

Rummaged through my hard drive for these:

Healing in the breeder box,

2f6d4b35-f8f2-4501-a305-a5f4ec26c551_zps

Releasing eggs (fishes always go crazy when this happens)

gbta640x480.jpg

righttirefire

I removed the breeder basket yesterday. The BTA settled in under my rock structure...low light low flow. It did eat yesterday. It looks good. Still stressed/recovering.

20150524_102700_zps5jhhx51p.jpg

you can barely make it out but it's there

righttirefire

This little thing is making pull my hair out... it looks great, than like hell... I think my hammer just hit it with some sweeper. It was all curled in just a gapping mouth... moved the hammer and it's starting to open again...

HarryPotter

This little thing is making pull my hair out... it looks great, than like hell... I think my hammer just hit it with some sweeper. It was all curled in just a gapping mouth... moved the hammer and it's starting to open again...

Ahhhh sucks. Poor guy :(

Why not keep it in the breeder for a week or two?

righttirefire

The fine netting just collects crap. Kills flow and lighting. I'm hoping the BTA will settle in. I need it to find a home. And with flow and lighting changes I don't think it'll settle in. I'm trying to find a long term location for my corals. But I need the BTA to pick it's place first

Man what a pain... Recovery looks very promising so that's good. Hopefully this thing settles in a spot sometime soon so you can place place the rest of your corals...

righttirefire

It hasn't moved since... 4 days ago? Friday morning it walked all around that front arch in my aquascape and settled in under the arch. It's moved a little over the last few days and is showing promise it'll move out from under the rock... it's tormenting me. It'll look good open bubbly. And fold up on itself

20150525_105740_zpsv7l9pjoz.jpg

Open back up gapping mouth. And turn bubbly and beautiful again.

righttirefire

20150529_081747_zpsttcgakc5.jpg

Look who one the move again! It must be doing alright. It's one of the more fun monsters to watch move around my tank

Moulton712

Honestly it looks good. It's still healing. I dont feed mine till a week after I cut them. Get a different style breeder box keep it in there for a couple of weeks. Once healed I have good luck putting them on a rock and they stay. You really only have to worry when then fall off a rock and onto the sand. Then they are sick.

My breeder box. I just cut two a week ago

image_zps6sowxjlm.jpg

righttirefire

Those are beautiful. I'm not worried about it any longer. I just want it to settle in...

righttirefire

20150529_224537_zpszwcmk767.jpg

You have to be joking... walk up to the MP10... pump is off overnight. Hopefully it'll move away

20150529_224547_zpsargdd2y8.jpg

4" to the MP10... flow off its moving away. Sweet dreams

Looks like it needs more light. Mine only moves, and moves up, if there's not enough light. Obviously it's healthy enough to try and get in trouble again. :)

Archived