ReefCleaners.org

(kidnaturals) wacky waving inflatable arm-flailing tube man reef

kidnatural

kidnatural

So lets just start this off with a huge thanks to the community that seems to open and share years of information and experience regardless if its been asked a million times before. Great group of people that cruise here daily and just wanted to say thanks personally. Ive run multiple nano tanks with countless mistakes, was in the process of upgrading and things changed so here we are hopefully with a better grasp and the proper patience i can demonstrate a balanced reef. Now on to the main event. Figured it was about time i posted a tank thread here and what better time than now. So lets break down a list of gear atm.

Innovative Marine Nuvo 16g upgraded return to 476gph (yes i know they crack but hey this tanks been around for years and passed hands between a few people so its built right imo)

Innovative Marine custom caddy's x 2 ( stevie t expect an order soon) running chemipure blue

Innovative Marine Desktop Reactor with npx biopellets

Innovative Marine Desktop Ghost Skimmer

Nanobox Reef Hybrid 2 array/ 2 bulb (zeo new gen/superblue) huge thanks to dave on this one such an amazing light worth every stinking penny, the quality above and beyond and has a proven track record to grow some shit.

Vortech Mp10wes with pico shield vader style

Smart Ato

About 20ish pounds real reef rock / 20 pounds sand figi pink

Tank has been up and running for about 6 weeks or so. Parameters are stable, in the process of moving my coral from my friends tank to mine slowly.

Any questions or helpful advice lol please feel free to drop by and hangout this is where the fun begins. thanks guys

Few more photos

post-80860-0-30793800-1431909072_thumb.jpg

post-80860-0-18269500-1431909078_thumb.jpg

post-80860-0-02524800-1431909083_thumb.jpg

post-80860-0-76384000-1431909091_thumb.jpg

post-80860-0-35025400-1431909286_thumb.jpg

post-80860-0-24263700-1431909292_thumb.jpg

HarryPotter

Nice! If you are planning on having a lot of SPS the scape might be a bit high- especially with that beast of a light!

Take some close ups of the corals please- so we can compare the growth later on! Whats the planned critters?

kidnatural

Thanks ☺ Not planning on a lot of sps a few select but mainly squishies, zoas, shrooms, acans, for corals. As for fish thinking hellfichi possibly a pair and midas blenny or royal grammar not sure just yet

And good idea about the pics gonna try to document at least once a month

Oh and the light has been amazing this far just taking the settings slowly

HarryPotter

I have a Radion XR30w Pro, and am suffering from the Disco Ball effect. Does the Hybrid have any of that?

Heres a picture so you know what I mean

IMG_0579_zpsmivvyini.jpg

kidnatural

I was wondering if I would experience that as well as thus far ramped up to 35% I don't notice anything at all, on top of that when the t5s kick on the corals pop out even more, this is my 5th led fixture and my first to gotta say amazed on both ends. I also had a radion gen 3 pro, a hydra 26, razor 20.5, and some Chinese fixtures etc, all of those felt the same with or without added features and wasn't impressed with the price points, the hybrid is the first fixture I've owned that had exceeding my expectations on all levels.

HarryPotter

I was wondering if I would experience that as well as thus far ramped up to 35% I don't notice anything at all, on top of that when the t5s kick on the corals pop out even more, this is my 5th led fixture and my first to gotta say amazed on both ends. I also had a radion gen 3 pro, a hydra 26, razor 20.5, and some Chinese fixtures etc, all of those felt the same with or without added features and wasn't impressed with the price points, the hybrid is the first fixture I've owned that had exceeding my expectations on all levels.

Dayum... I may have to get that :lol:

Only problem is price for me. I got the Radion XR30w Pro for a steal (<200) and fixed the power supply. ATM I can't afford one of the fancy NanoBox fixtures.

kidnatural

Yeah I hear yah man it was a leap for me too but at the end of the day I had to take a leap and give it a go, Dave worked with me on everything and made a great light even after all that wait I'm glad I did, good luck with the tank and feel free to follow along, will be adding a few more corals this weekend so expect a pic update including a war paint scoly goodness

Btw that Is a steal on a radion don't think I'd ever get rid of that one,

• 3 months later...

Archived