Pod Your Reef

Is this a nice nano MH hood?

Boomerblaster

Yes, they're nice. However, I hated dealing with the US distributor for Aquamedic. They are located in Colorado, and they have terrible customer service. However, the product is of great quality.

Steve

Hi,

Steve is using the Aquaspacelight, which has an integrated electronic ballast and powdercoated finish. Its supposed to have a better reflector than the Ocean Light. Its a nice light, I have one also. Bought it from Premium Aquatics for $249.00

-Mike

Boomerblaster

How has it been working out for you melbourne? What bulbs do you use with it (spectrum/brand) , and how is the color. Do you supplement actinics at all? And how high do you have it above your tank? What size tank do you guys have? Thanks, sorry for all of the questions.

Boomerblaster,

I only got this light today but I try to answer your questions. First of all it is mounted over my 16g AGA bow front tank, which by the way is still cycling. I got the XDE 20k bulb and it does not look like I will need actinics. Well, this is my personal opinion so others may want them. Right now the fixture is about 10” above the water and I think it will stay there due to potential heat issues. And here are some pics if you want to see it up close.

Ballast

Light_1.jpg

Fixture

Light_2.jpg

Light_3.jpg

Tank (pic taken with flash)

Tank_4.jpg

Tank (no flash)

Tank_3.jpg

Boomerblaster

WOW! That is a sweeeet hood. Can I asked where you got it from, and how much you paid? The light looks like a great color. Can I ask to see a picture of how you suspended it from the ceiling? Thanks so much for the great pics!

Boomerblaster,

I’ll take a pic of how it is suspended when I get back from work. I got this light from Hellolights.com. That’s the light you posted link to at the top of this thread, $229.

OK. Here are some additional pics requested by Boomerblaster. If you have a drill, screw driver and something to measure, you can have the light mounted in about 30 minutes. Adjusting the high is also very simple, basically you just have to pull on the suspension cable by the fixture and it auto locks not allowing the fixture to slide down. The ballast may not be state of the art but for the price I think the fixture is really great. Easy to install, easy to adjust and my tank looks really COOL. Hope this helps.

light_5.jpg

light_6.jpg

Boomerblaster

That is really nice. Now, does all of that come with the hood, or did you buy it seperately? Like the silver rods that go right into the ceiling? Thanks so much.

Everything comes with the hood, including screws. As I mentioned before all you need is a drill, a screwdriver and about 30 minutes to install it.

Archived