Pod Your Reef

the official bta show off thread!

cromag27

Cencalfishguy56

Im hoping to get an amazing ORA certified mated pair of Black Percula Clownfish when I upgrade this month, and possibly a few others.

I have freshwater/brackish aquariums to satisfy my fish cravings for now, including a 70g, 300g, and 28g tank! After the upgrade I will expand the coral and shrimp tank to include a few choice fish, but for now I'm going to wait.

I had a 70 gallon freshwater predator tank before I got into the saltwater world, I loved that tank but this side is so intriguing! And awesome sounds like you have some nice setups!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HarryPotter

I had a 70 gallon freshwater predator tank before I got into the saltwater world, I loved that tank but this side is so intriguing! And awesome sounds like you have some nice setups!

Sounds cool!

This WAS the 300g. Major heater failure recently (JBJ Tru-Temp) and I am struggling to put it back together. The heater took it to 90*+ after there were a few power outages. All GFCI.

IMG_0108_zpseg7t2xhd.jpg

Cencalfishguy56

Sounds cool!

This WAS the 300g. Major heater failure recently (JBJ Tru-Temp) and I am struggling to put it back together. The heater took it to 90*+ after there were a few power outages. All GFCI.

IMG_0108_zpseg7t2xhd.jpg

HarryPotter

Oh man i've always had good luck with the jbjs.

Yeah I LOVE my NanoCube, and have used their heaters before. They were pretty awesome about it, after emailing back and forth they are sending me my future upgrade, the RL-45 w. stand, skimmer, and Nano-Glo.

Im so excited- its going to be amazing. I did lose a lot of fish, but given that they had no legal obligation to send me the gear, I really appreciate their customer service.

HarryPotter

Jesus man! That tank Is sweet no doubt some sick cichlids!

Thanks, bummer it collapsed. Lost about half of them, but some of the larger ones are fine and currently in BRUTE TRASH CANS while I figure the tank out.

I love Cichlids and having well water- just fill up a brute can and toss em in. The decorative real coral is real nice too since you can just toss it in bleach for a week :lol:

Some good looking nems.

I've had mine for 2 years and it rarely moves, luckily. Last move was to re-position it's foot a little below where it was.

ZsvYxj.jpg

eT15vs.jpg

Not a bta but one of my faves. Phymanthea pluvia. cold water species from Chile. lives in my reef tank and doesn't move.

nem_cold01sm_zpszqhnpeos.jpg

• 1 month later...
HarryPotter

firenice_sm_zpsqmyscktf.jpg

Are you using some sort of filter or alternate lighting to take these photos? Looks incredible!!!

This is with normal lighting (12k)

3AF60991-2E45-485B-BCFE-DA794015DB6D_zps

Closer to 14k, maybe a little higher. no filters just a professional dslr, macro lens and white balance correction in post. a little sharpening after resizing.

HarryPotter

Closer to 14k, maybe a little higher. no filters just a professional dslr, macro lens and white balance correction in post. a little sharpening after resizing.

Pretty awesome!

So I'm just curious- what would you do to my picture to make the colors more lifelike/dark?

Archived