SaltCritters.com

Nano cube 24 scape

rturiak

This is my first SW build, 16 pounds of dry rock and 3 pounds of live rock with lots of good algae on it. Is this to much rock in my tank or should it be okay? I plan to stock lightly with 1 clown and one YWG, with a basic clean up crew and basic corals like leathers and Zoas

Gofsirj.jpg

I should add that its a AI Vega light, and I'm using instant ocean salt, I plan to put a smaller korolia power head in the back. I'm waiting on the tank to cycle before adding anything.

I like it.

The curve around the front is nice.

You might have some minor cleaning issues with the rock being so close to the sides, but the arrangement is eye-candy.

I like it.

The curve around the front is nice.

You might have some minor cleaning issues with the rock being so close to the sides, but the arrangement is eye-candy.

Thank you! I've had a few people say it's too much rock, but I think it will work

It's a little "tight" along the sides but it should work out fine.

I don't know much about leathers (yet) so I don't know how large they can get.

Maybe if you think (and go) smaller; animals, corals, and fish?

There's plenty of room for a few small gobies and little shrimp.

Some different polyps and 'shroom.

But if you're set on a Clown and YWG, they should have enough room!

It's a nice rock arrangement. Plenty of places for fish to "play".

fishfreak0114

I like it. The horse shoe shape is nice. Definitely not to much rock. The tank still seems nice and open. If you wanted, you could get a pair of clowns instead of just one. It is a little tight on the sides, but if cleaning becomes a problem, a small toothbrush should fit in there nicely.

I like it. The horse shoe shape is nice. Definitely not to much rock. The tank still seems nice and open. If you wanted, you could get a pair of clowns instead of just one. It is a little tight on the sides, but if cleaning becomes a problem, a small toothbrush should fit in there nicely.

I may try to shift the rock in a little to give a few inches of room on the right side like you say. I had a big algae bloom in the past 48 hours and I plan to add my clean up crew soon.

Looks good but as you mentioned "tight" around the sides, this will make it more difficult to house LPS corals as I assume your light will be directly over the center with your power head on the side. Not only will there be a lack of room there will be a concentrated flow around the rocks which LPS tend to like less, and the room you can actually set them down will be the blunt of the light in which they prefer lower lighting, but if you don't plan on LPS you should do great with everything else. The reason I know this is because I first set my tank up like that and encountered those problems so just wanted to give you a heads up :)

It looks fine the way it is. I don't think it's too much rock. When I had mine running I had a little over 20 lbs. You might want to add a surface skimmer so that you can raise the water level in the display area.

Nice :) I see you got two clowns. They are much more fun in pairs.

Thanks! I need to get an updated post. More coral and such. I also have royal gramma and a yellow watchmen goby paired with a tiger pistol.

Oh cool! How do you like the royal gramma?

he was very timid and never saw him for the first few days due to the 20+ caves and caverns I have but over time he came out more especially for feeding and I just love the color of him! For the price the fish and they're hardiness you cant go wrong!

Matteo, I like your scape a lot! Looks good. I will be adding my clowns this weekend!

Thanks I will add more pics later to this thread for you all to see

Matteo, I like your scape a lot! Looks good. I will be adding my clowns this weekend!

posted some pics of my tank in the aquascape forum

Archived