ReefCleaners.org

Nano Box Reef Show Tank : ELOS 120

DaveFason

That is some NICE wood. I think you guys will be stoked to see this stand. I am going all out on it. From the ~10 years in the hobby I have remember things that would be nice to have. Hoping to use 90% of the ideas. :)

-Dave

I am stoked to see how it comes out. Sounds like you have a good plan in your head...now make it a reality.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Working on the stand a bit more this weekend.

The equipment list for the tank...

• iTech 100 Skimmer
  • Synergy Sump
  • Ecotech M1 Pump
  • MP10 x 3
  • Dual 36" Nano Box units
  • Eshops Doser
  • Tunze ATO
  • Synergy ATO Tank

As for live stock I am still undecided. I would love to have 15-20 Blue Eyed Cardinals mixed with Anthias but the verdict is still out.

It is looking like the second week of September this guy will be wet!

-Dave

jedimasterben

IMHO you'll need more than three MP10 for this tank. I ran three on my 80 and it was really not enough, and I didn't have a lot of SPS.

HarryPotter

IMHO you'll need more than three MP10 for this tank. I ran three on my 80 and it was really not enough, and I didn't have a lot of SPS.

Yeah MP40QD would be best, at least one. My MP10 barely makes significant flow 27 inches away

Steensj2004

• iTech 100 Skimmer
  • Synergy Sump
  • Ecotech M1 Pump
  • MP10 x 3
  • Eshops Doser
  • Tunze ATO
  • Synergy ATO Tank

As for live stock I am still undecided. I would love to have 15-20 Blue Eyed Cardinals mixed with Anthias but the verdict is still out.

-Dave

Stay away from the Eshopps doser at all costs. For whatever reason, it cannot be calibrated. The manual advance is there, but no programing for calibration. In other words, when the pumps get a little usage and get out of cal, you are effed.

Stay away from the Eshopps doser at all costs. For whatever reason, it cannot be calibrated. The manual advance is there, but no programing for calibration. In other words, when the pumps get a little usage and get out of cal, you are effed.

Good to know. Thanks!

Steensj2004

Good to know. Thanks!

NP. Lawnman and I were surprised to find that out there was no calibration @ 280.00 for the unit. Honestly, as much as I swore nothing Jebao would ever touch my tank, this doser from them is pretty nice, and has rave reviews. I picked one up for 83.00 BnIB shipped

After watching the EcoTech L1/M1 video I may have to go with the L1 using it in closed loop mode. Hide the plumbing and then run a single MP40QD on opposite side of overflow.... Hmmm :D

NP. Lawnman and I were surprised to find that out there was no calibration @ 280.00 for the unit. Honestly, as much as I swore nothing Jebao would ever touch my tank, this doser from them is pretty nice, and has rave reviews. I picked one up for 83.00 BnIB shipped

I knew you'd come over to the "dark side" eventually..... Plus at that price point, you can't go wrong. It's amazing how the Jebao looks like the "new" aqua-medic doser.

http://reefbuilders.com/2015/07/21/reefdoser-evo-4-aqua-medic-remote-control/

All kidding aside, the Jebao is working like a champ for me so far!

jedimasterben

Unless you plan on moving a shitton of water through your sump (whihc is typically not recommended for both filtration and noise issues), I would not go with something so strong. You only need about 800-1000gph, so figure your head height and calculate how much pump you need.

You can use educator(s) on the return(s) to make more flow in the tank from the return without moving more water through the sump.

Closed loop mode doesn't mean anything other than it will vary the flow out of the pump, which shouldn't be used when the pump is operating as a return pump, you will have major issues with your ATO setup.

HarryPotter

I knew you'd come over to the "dark side" eventually.....

All kidding aside, the Jebao is working like a champ for me so far!

My DP4 kept on leaking, but I realized it's all my fault. I was testing the DP4 with fresh water, right?

But then when I would connect the KH and Ca, the KH would react with the remaining fresh water in the tube and precipitate- jamming the tube and causing the dower to leak.

Oh this is gonna be sick. Those new return pumps look amazing and push mad water. I'm excited to hear what you think. Definitely a want for my next upgrade!

Oh this is gonna be sick. Those new return pumps look amazing and push mad water. I'm excited to hear what you think. Definitely a want for my next upgrade!

They do look nice. What I like most if being able to bring back the old school closed loop with Vortech like functions.

-Dave

Working on the stand this weekend and have been working on my own light. Hoping to have a few updates this weekend.

The reason things are moving slower than what you guys want is due to my travel the next few weeks. I did not want to set a new tank up before heading out for weeks. Never a good feeling!

-Dave

Working on the stand this weekend and have been working on my own light. Hoping to have a few updates this weekend.

The reason things are moving slower than what you guys want is due to my travel the next few weeks. I did not want to set a new tank up before heading out for weeks. Never a good feeling!

-Dave

Ooookkkkaaay, Dave. I guess be logical if you must ;)

• iTech 100 Skimmer
  • Synergy Sump
  • Ecotech M1 Pump
  • MP10 x 3
  • Eshops Doser
  • Tunze ATO
  • Synergy ATO Tank

-Dave

No red spot cardinals? I had blue eyed and ultimately returned them to the store - they just didn't move and were kind of boring.

Archived