Top Shelf Aquatics

Giesemann/ATI T5 lamp comparison - pics, PAR, and a whole mess of data

jedimasterben

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Do you think the aquablue coral lamps will be goo as a stand alone bulb in a four bulb fixture? I don't like the very blue look and like the 14K look more. I have tried coral pluse but it was too pink.purple for my tastes. Or how a bout a combo of 2 aquablue coral and 2 coral plus in a 4 bulb fixture. ( Don't really want dawn dusk effect)

jedimasterben

Hello,

Do you think the aquablue coral lamps will be goo as a stand alone bulb in a four bulb fixture? I don't like the very blue look and like the 14K look more. I have tried coral pluse but it was too pink.purple for my tastes. Or how a bout a combo of 2 aquablue coral and 2 coral plus in a 4 bulb fixture. ( Don't really want dawn dusk effect)

The Aquablue Coral and Coral Plus lamps are almost identical, so if you don't like the Coral Plus, you won't like the ABC. If you don't like the pink look, then I would say to add in a blue lamp to kinda even it out.

I like the 14k as well. I run a daylight 6500k, A purple plus, blue plus and a coral plus. Seems about 14k. I have a 6 bulb and run 2 additional blue plus when all 6 are on which is more of a 10k look but that is all for growth.

jedimasterben

Did you ever test the Super Actinic,or is it a flavor not even worth having ?

I actually have a set, they're nothing special, honestly, especially not when combined with LEDs that have a violet component already.

jedimasterben

That bad huh ?! I'm looking to try something else besides B+,something different in conjunction with my led array.

The actinic spectrum is still highly controversial, but there is still no data to suggest that any better colors or growth can be had from their addition. Corals do just fine without it :)

What are you wanting to do different? What colors do you think you're missing from your corals?

Well at the moment,my tank is literally some zoa's and ALL acan's,and I run mainly my t5's from when the lights kick on at 12:30 in the afternoon to when I get home around 5:45 then I turn them off and keep my leds on,running heavy blue and my white channel barley on,and actually have noticed within a week of having whites back in my array other colors starting to pop back out in my acan's (mainly pinks and some hues of purple).

As for the t5's,I was just wondering if there was anything different then B+ but still close to it I guess,that's why I was asking about the Super Actinic to see what you thought about that. I really just use t5's for the brighter light and to not have such saturated photos,and then for the mid day "feel".

Archived