SaltCritters.com

JMcollins24. DEADBEAT

Brooklynreefer

12_egg_Omelette

Yeah. That's the bum part of having an account linked to PayPal if you have it tied PayPal can pull the funds from your bank per the user agreement.

So stupid. You would think they would just keep the transaction in limbo until they came to a resolution. I would leave it as a negative balance until they said that you would be responsible and got my product returned.

And then you get sent to collections. It is exactly what happened when the guy who did this to me over a PS3 did a chargeback. I refused to pay paypal because I knew I sent him a new working item. They put a negative balance on my account so I said F them and closed it after fighting with them for over 2 months. They then sent it to collections. Even though the debt wasn't valid there was nothing I could do because technically I signed a shitty contract with paypal. BTW I mentioned my PS3 story on post 8.

Get screen shots of the post where he added the new skimmer and send them to paypal. Also call into paypal. They are typically very nice and have worked with me on a few issues with ebay and Chinese shippers.

Advice for everyone using paypal. When you buy from something from someone ALWAYS describe exactly what you are buying in the paypal payment. Example - This is payment for a USED but FULLY FUNCTIONAL Ecotech Marine Vortech MP10wES. The item has a manufacture date of May/13/14 and shows some use but is in FULLY functional operating condition with no obvious repairs needed. All parts are included that come with the item brand new. All accessories are included to make unit operational.

12_egg_Omelette

There is always a small claims court.

If you get a judgement ruled in your favor you can send that to the bank I believe I might be wrong about this though.

• Like 1

There is always a small claims court.

If you get a judgement ruled in your favor you can send that to the bank I believe I might be wrong about this though.

While I completely feel for the OP, thats a little ridiculous for $80....

• Like 1
12_egg_Omelette

While I completely feel for the OP, thats a little ridiculous for $80....

I agree, but it's about ethics. In the situations I was involved with it was multiple people across several forums that the person did this too. I think it went up to a couple thousand dollars in total. In some cases it might be that no one has took a stand against this persons charge back behavior.

Plus it doesn't seem like an honest mistake from the information we heard. I am aware that this is just one sided through.

What differentiates between these two?

The one in green I am covered, no matter if the customer does a CC chargeback as long as I can prove I shipped it to the provided address, which is easy as it's all digital.

The bottom one, I'm screwed if they do a chargeback. No matter what.

In this case, for me at least, the top green one was paid with paypal (either a PP balance or CC or eCheck), the bottom one was a credit card transaction directly from my website.

So stupid. You would think they would just keep the transaction in limbo until they came to a resolution. I would leave it as a negative balance until they said that you would be responsible and got my product returned.

They do this with merchants, well because they know money is flowing in every hour.

If your the average Joe Blow customer, they take it out instantly so you can't run off with it. But good point on leaving it a neg. balance for now unless you really have to use PP for something else.

The one in green I am covered, no matter if the customer does a CC chargeback as long as I can prove I shipped it to the provided address, which is easy as it's all digital.

The bottom one, I'm screwed if they do a chargeback. No matter what.

In this case, for me at least, the top green one was paid with paypal (either a PP balance or CC or eCheck), the bottom one was a credit card transaction directly from my website.

They do this with merchants, well because they know money is flowing in every hour.

If your the average Joe Blow customer, they take it out instantly so you can't run off with it. But good point on leaving it a neg. balance for now unless you really have to use PP for something else.

Right, I understand that. I should have clarified. How does one get the green versus yellow? Is that for paid accounts?

As far as I know it's all about how the person paid and if their shipping address is confirmed with PayPal or not. Check your recent "Payments received" and check. It's right on top

IIRC well before I had a merchant account with them you would see the green and still have seller protection. If you receive money through PP you pay a fee.

11%20pp.jpg

Here is one like what most would see, if you sent an invoice or received a direct pmt. Pretty much the same

22%20pp.jpg

33%20pp.jpg

I'm still curious the reason for the chargeback. What is this d bag claiming, didn't receive, doesn't fit description, doesn't work ??

• Like 1
SchnauzerFace

Found his Facebook. I hope his clownfish take huge glopping, sticky dumps that make that ill-gotten skimmer explode.

• Like 1

I'm still curious the reason for the chargeback. What is this d bag claiming, didn't receive, doesn't fit description, doesn't work ??

He said he got it in his tank thread and he liked it. He is just a scumbag.

The "Verified" and "Unverified" happen when they confirm your address with a credit card on file.

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Little bastard.

Sorry , that sucks. Things like this make me too nervous to ship anything- I do in a local Starbucks or not at all.

Question-

Can you post the link to his FB and or Phone # so other disgruntled reefers can "contact" him? Or naw?

• Like 1

Little bastard.

Sorry , that sucks. Things like this make me too nervous to ship anything- I do in a local Starbucks or not at all.

Question-

Can you post the link to his FB and or Phone # so other disgruntled reefers can "contact" him? Or naw?

Honestly that turns into harassment. We are better then that here.

I say just blacklist him. Maybe the mods can label him as a scammer and delete his account?

• Like 2
HarryPotter

Honestly that turns into harassment. We are better then that here.

I say just blacklist him. Maybe the mods can label him as a scammer and delete his account?

Yeah yeah no harassing :(

He's lucky you are more level headed than I, but I guess thats just my age/raging hormones :lol:

I think OP should try for some legal action, but I'm holding out to see if the scammer actually had a problem or no?

Legal action over $80 isn't worth it. He could file a small claims case which is $25-$50 and have the papers served to him. Then when he doesn't show up the judgement would be in his favor and he could get the fees for the case and the paypal back. Not like JM will pay him though so he would just have to send it to collections. Seems like a lot of work over $80.

Legal action over $80 isn't worth it. He could file a small claims case which is $25-$50 and have the papers served to him. Then when he doesn't show up the judgement would be in his favor and he could get the fees for the case and the paypal back. Not like JM will pay him though so he would just have to send it to collections. Seems like a lot of work over $80.

Nah, I meant simply call the local police on the buyer's end. Probably won't do anything, but maybe he'd at least get the skimmer back? Dunno. But definitely NOT worth court or anything. Police probably won't even bother, but a phone call couldn't hurt.

12_egg_Omelette

I think it's important to stand up for what's ethical and proper. Don't fall victim and let people do this to you and other members. If nothing turns out from it you can at least let that person know that people aren't going to idlely sit by and be victims of fraud.

• Like 1
Brooklynreefer

I think it's important to stand up for what's ethical and proper. Don't fall victim and let people do this to you and other members. If nothing turns out from it you can at least let that person know that people aren't going to idlely sit by and be victims of fraud.

Well put

Thanks for all the feedback and support guys

This biggest punishment for him now is just this being here and everyone knowing what a D bag he is

Let him go to reef central!! Lol

HarryPotter

Let him go to reef central!! Lol

LMAO thats probably the WORST punishment!

I got banned for telling a moderator that no matter how many times he said my tank was going to imminently collapse, the corals look great and I wasn't planning on doing water changes

• Like 1

LMAO thats probably the WORST punishment!

I got banned for telling a moderator that no matter how many times he said my tank was going to imminently collapse, the corals look great and I wasn't planning on doing water changes

You got banned for that?????? Lol. I actually believe it.

HarryPotter

You got banned for that?????? Lol. I actually believe it.

Well it slightly escalated from their, him telling me to "respect moderators" and me telling him to respect me and my currently successful method, but whatever. :lol:

Here people talk about tanks, guns, can curse, are weird, etc. I feel right at home!

• Like 1