MadReefer13

zoa eating spiders

The only ones that look sick is the ones that are gone there is only like 10 polyps left should I just get them off the rock and dip it and hope they aren't on the otheres?

Careful I've had them probley like four months maybe five since I noticed somthing eatting the zoas there slow but there may be more and there hard as shit to see when uder or in the zoa

I had one, posted pics of it in my thread, if you want to check it out. Fortunately I only had hte one, so far no others. I keep a close watch.

is there anything that can eat these spiders?? I just pulled 1 out of my tank...holy shit i still can't believe something like this actually exists lmfao

31 minutes ago, benjho said:

is there anything that can eat these spiders?? I just pulled 1 out of my tank...holy shit i still can't believe something like this actually exists lmfao

Can try a sixline. Yellow Coris are great but too big for your tank.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Can try a sixline. Yellow Coris are great but too big for your tank.

Thank god!! I heard six line wrasse can eat zoa eating nudibranch but wasn't sure if it can also eat zoa spiders?? what made u think it can?

30 minutes ago, benjho said:

Thank god!! I heard six line wrasse can eat zoa eating nudibranch but wasn't sure if it can also eat zoa spiders?? what made u think it can?

You can always dip the infected zoas too.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Red_Blenny said:

You can always dip the infected zoas too.

true but i don't have dip solutions lolol. I've never dipped a coral before in the 7 years of this hobby. I'm pretty sure there isn't another spider, I been checking, I got good eyes lol. I will get a six line for sure tho ahah, just waiting on a candy basslet too lol, add both same time.

8 minutes ago, benjho said:

I've never dipped a coral before in the 7 years of this hobby

jesus christ

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, benjho said:

true but i don't have dip solutions lolol. I've never dipped a coral before in the 7 years of this hobby. I'm pretty sure there isn't another spider, I been checking, I got good eyes lol. I will get a six line for sure tho ahah, just waiting on a candy basslet too lol, add both same time.

Oh I would not add a sixline with a candy basslet. As they age.. they get mean... might kill your beautiful $$$ fish. Doesn't really matter if you add the candy 1st or both at same time... a candy would not stand a chance. Your tank is so small a sixline will likely claim it all.

7 hours ago, benjho said:

No guarantee, some wrasses will eat them. It is sort of a individual fish thing... I said sixline because its really the only wrasse that fits that might have a go at them. If you had a large tank, I would have chosen a big fat coris wrasse or melanurus as they rip shit off the rock and bang it around in a brutal murderous killer pest eating rage..... but they are large. I had a 5 inch super male at one point and he would grab snails and slam them on the rocks to break them open and eat them :eek:

If you plan on a candy, I would just dip the zoa's. More spiders might hatch too soo keep looking.

At least they are not mushroom eating spider's ;)

• Like 1

LOL I looked at the post title and thought of it going the other way before opening and reading the real reason.  I thought the post would be about you feeding spiders to your zoas! 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

lol If zoa's had a way of capturing and eating spiders... my mom would have reef tanks all over her house... :D

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Oh I would not add a sixline with a candy basslet. As they age.. they get mean... might kill your beautiful $$$ fish. Doesn't really matter if you add the candy 1st or both at same time... a candy would not stand a chance. Your tank is so small a sixline will likely claim it all.

No guarantee, some wrasses will eat them. It is sort of a individual fish thing... I said sixline because its really the only wrasse that fits that might have a go at them. If you had a large tank, I would have chosen a big fat coris wrasse or melanurus as they rip shit off the rock and bang it around in a brutal murderous killer pest eating rage..... but they are large. I had a 5 inch super male at one point and he would grab snails and slam them on the rocks to break them open and eat them :eek:

If you plan on a candy, I would just dip the zoa's. More spiders might hatch too soo keep looking.

At least they are not mushroom eating spider's ;)

I’m still gonna get a six line jus a baby baby 1 and if it ever gets aggressive wit my candy I will take it out easy ahah. Thanks for the great advices broski.

i can’t wait to get a candy basslet tho

10 hours ago, Tamberav said:

lol If zoa's had a way of capturing and eating spiders... my mom would have reef tanks all over her house... :D

Lmfao zoa spiders r creepy asf tho not gonna lie... I was like lookin at my zoa and saw these 8 legs poppin out from the zoa center polyp the spider body was inside the polyp mouth hiding or eating lmfao and was like hmmm I wonder if zoa spiders actually exist so I googled it and what u kno it is a zoa spider so last nite was my first time ever knowin such a thing existed..good thing I have eyes for spotting tiny ass things I’ll update my thread tonite of pics of the zoa spider Lolol I pulled out 

9 minutes ago, benjho said:

I’m still gonna get a six line jus a baby baby 1 and if it ever gets aggressive wit my candy I will take it out easy ahah. Thanks for the great advices broski.

i can’t wait to get a candy basslet tho

screw thattt he might just go berserk and kill it before you even get home. :eek:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

screw thattt he might just go berserk and kill it before you even get home. :eek:

lol its fine imma make sure it stays baby lol

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions