Innovative Marine Aquariums

Jtgrimes 20 to 110 Gallon Long Rimless Build

jtgrimes

Thanks! I am definitely loving having a sump finally!

Wow that thing is sweet! Makes me want to go the sumped route haha

Yeah, I like the flexibility of the tubing and that if i want I can change them out with ease as well as not so much of an expense.

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

Yeah, I like the flexibility of the tubing and that if i want I can change them out with ease as well as not so much of an expense.

True I was gonna go the AIO route but seeing your tank makes we want this, how much in materials did you spend? I have a spare 10 gallon laying around just need the 20 and plumbing

If you don't mind me asking

Just the tank, plumbing, and all prob less than $100. Not including stand, equipment etc. But I did go to the petco $1gallon sale. :)

True I was gonna go the AIO route but seeing your tank makes we want this, how much in materials did you spend? I have a spare 10 gallon laying around just need the 20 and plumbing
If you don't mind me asking

Cencalfishguy56

Just the tank, plumbing, and all prob less than $100. Not including stand, equipment etc. But I did go to the petco $1gallon sale. :)

Awesome man I plan on doing this over the summer, my dad just retired and he's bored at home so I sparked interest lol do you mind if I take ideas from this or copy some of it?

• Like 1

No got right ahead, this is what its here for. I looked at various builds etc myself. Always getting ideas. Ask questions along the way as well.

Awesome man I plan on doing this over the summer, my dad just retired and he's bored at home so I sparked interest lol do you mind if I take ideas from this or copy some of it?

Seriously inspiring. I love long tanks and specially how things are not cluttered. How are you liking the kessil over the tank?

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

No got right ahead, this is what its here for. I looked at various builds etc myself. Always getting ideas. Ask questions along the way as well.

Seriously inspiring. I love long tanks and specially how things are not cluttered. How are you liking the kessil over the tank?

It is inspiring! I love this man, haha thanks bro for the go ahead I'll start next week try to make a build thread without my girl hounding me about nano reefs hahaha

• Like 1

I originally bought to go over my 12 gal knowing at some point I would upgrade. I love the kessil. Im seeing alot of great color and growth. :)

Cencalfishguy56

I originally bought to go over my 12 gal knowing at some point I would upgrade. I love the kessil. Im seeing alot of great color and growth. :)

I have the a160we looks like I need to upgrade lol

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

Hey man how are you liking this skimmer? Thinking about getting this one, around my price range and seems good from reviews

It's a great skimmer. It broke in after about 3 days. Getting some good skim. Im sure it will be even better as the tank ages.

Also have a couple of updates coming this week!

Hey man how are you liking this skimmer? Thinking about getting this one, around my price range and seems good from reviews

Great setup. What are your settings on the Kessil? I have a a 360w over my 20gal.

I'm peaking at 55%color and 50%intensity. Thinking I would like to end up around 65%intesnsity

• Like 1

Controlled by the Kessil Controller but will be selling this week as I am installing Apex and also bought the kessil cable.

Time - Color - Intensity

9am - 0% - 15%

Ramp Up

12pm - 60%- 70%

6pm 60%-70%

Ramp Down

9pm - 0% - 15%

9:05pm - 0% - 0%

I have it starting at 15% intensity instead of 5%(kessil Controller) to get use to the apex format. Also looking at adding the 160 for the sump but not sure yet.

Great setup. What are your settings on the Kessil? I have a a 360w over my 20gal.

I'm peaking at 55%color and 50%intensity. Thinking I would like to end up around 65%intesnsity

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

Controlled by the Kessil Controller but will be selling this week as I am installing Apex and also bought the kessil cable.

Time - Color - Intensity

9am - 0% - 15%

Ramp Up

12pm - 60%- 70%

6pm 60%-70%

Ramp Down

9pm - 0% - 15%

I have it starting at 15% intensity instead of 5%(kessil Controller) to get use to the apex format. Also looking at adding the 160 for the sump but not sure yet.

Awesome man, I always like seeing what people do with their lights, I like your color blend it really pops, and I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on that skimmer in a little bit, it looks promising for a 10 gallon sump, are microbubbles an issue?

• Like 1

Time - Color - Intensity

9am - 0% - 15%

Ramp Up

12pm - 60%- 70%

6pm 60%-70%

Ramp Down

9pm - 0% - 15%

Nice. Similar to the schedule I'm acclimating to. Seems like ~70% is optimal for SPS at roughly our depth.

• Like 1

Not for me. As I have three baffles in place prior to hitting the return. The first two tend to take care of any bubbles from overflow/skimmer. Ill take a pic tonight and post.

Also you might want to check this thread out as well. Im always on there as well Kessil Club - http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2474225

Awesome man, I always like seeing what people do with their lights, I like your color blend it really pops, and I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on that skimmer in a little bit, it looks promising for a 10 gallon sump, are microbubbles an issue?