ReefCleaners.org

Tinpanva's Reef Part Deux - 60 Cube

Tinpanva

• 5 months later...

Well the reef is doing just fine, still really haven't bought much coral for it but the ones i do have are doing just fine. I did have a snafu a few weeks ago from me being lazy, the skimmer overflowed back into the sump, which caused the skimmer to overflow even more turning the sump into a giant foamy mess. Tank looked like crap for about a week. I ended up with a few burnt tips on some of the coral. I just ended up tearing down the sump, cleaning everything (it was due anyway) and doing about a 50% WC. I can't remember if I passed this along or now, but after fighting 2 years I'm happy to say I'm bryopsis free.

Got a few shots in today as well, didn't do a FTS as we have all the xmas stuff all over the place and the wife would have a melt down if I posted a pic of the mess.

Wrasse
60%20Gal%202016%207%20of%207_zpsdfr4istc

A key player in the bryopsis removal - One Spot Foxface
60%20Gal%202016%206%20of%207_zpsgcxm10pk

60%20Gal%202016%205%20of%207_zpsawpnvrqs

This guy has exploded with growth
60%20Gal%202016%204%20of%207_zpsl9mqwvyg

60%20Gal%202016%201%20of%207_zpsblamrdxg

Cornbred something or other
60%20Gal%202016%203%20of%207_zps7oamqyic

My Blue Berry Fantasy - Getting really big considering it started as a spec.
60%20Gal%202016%202%20of%207_zps4tvetzq5

Full resolution can be seen here https://paulledfordphotography.smugmug.com/Reef-Tank/n-6tFFjv/

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

It was cold, i was bored, I took a few shots. Tank has been doing really well, just running on auto-pilot.

i-wD2dgpR-L.jpg

i-B5Xm5Zh-L.jpg

i-tjfm2JW-L.jpg

i-XGbQsTG-L.jpg

i-9Nksbs8-L.jpg

i-fZrk26h-L.jpg

i-zfPdkQX-L.jpg

i-qWpvNnT-L.jpg

i-kZfx87g-L.jpg

naaa, I'm still kicking. Just not as active. I was telling someone in another forum last night I haven't done a water test since sept of last year and only maybe once other time in 2017. I should work on that... maybe.....

• 2 weeks later...
mystersyster
On 4/9/2018 at 3:05 PM, Tinpanva said:

naaa, I'm still kicking. Just not as active. I was telling someone in another forum last night I haven't done a water test since sept of last year and only maybe once other time in 2017. I should work on that... maybe.....

What is your dosing/water change schedule?

• 10 months later...

We has BABIES!!! If my math is right tomorrow or Saturday should be hatch day! After all these years, this is the first time they've bred. Very cool stuff.

i-dpz4pVX-L.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 3

It's doing just fine! Still running on auto-pilot. My goals this year are to put more effort into the tank, I'm doing a water change every couple of months and i have't tested my water in over a year I'd bet. It's time to get serious again!

• 2 months later...

Well, sorry to report the tank is toast. Sprung a leak in the seam while I was heading to Bermuda for work. I managed to get home long enough to save most of the inhabitants but I’m not gonna rebuild. Floors are still tore out and waiting on the insurance folks. What a pain. 

Justind823
On 5/20/2019 at 3:14 PM, Tinpanva said:

Well, sorry to report the tank is toast. Sprung a leak in the seam while I was heading to Bermuda for work. I managed to get home long enough to save most of the inhabitants but I’m not gonna rebuild. Floors are still tore out and waiting on the insurance folks. What a pain. 

Bummer! What a pain... 

I'm sorry to see this tank go