Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tinpanva's Reef Part Deux - 60 Cube

Tinpanva

• 3 weeks later...

I don't buy colonies, everything is from frags and the one thing I don't have is a plan. Flying by the seat of my pants here. I envision a tabling arco or something similar.

• Like 3

I don't buy colonies, everything is from frags and the one thing I don't have is a plan. Flying by the seat of my pants here. I envision a tabling arco or something similar.

I Normally don't but I got a killer deal on my monti.

Tabling macro would be sweet!

I think I missed it but were you originally going to build a sump for this? Saw the two .pdf's on the first page.

Yeah, but our local sump builder got hurt and was going to be down for a few months and finding someone on-line to build a custom sump turned into a cluster duck. My local LFS found the Next Reef sump and it fit like a glove in the stand. It's working like a champ, glad I didn't pursue the custom build.

Just received my Whip Fin Fairy Wrasse, he's in the QT right now transitioning to US time lol. He was acting a little goofy the first 8 or so hours, last night looking real good and feeding. I'll try and grab a few pics this weekend. His colors are still off, but a beautiful fish!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I figured it was time for a small update. New tank is at the 6 month mark. I really haven't done much with it, just letting it run on auto-pilot. Despite an OCD'ish approach to preventing anything get into the new tank, the dreaded bryopsis I've been battling for years in the 29 managed to make it into the new tank. Took it 5 months to show up. It's not bad, but truly pisses me off. I guess it gives me something to fuss over.

New FTS - just ignore the sun reflection, I got sloppy.

20151114ReefTankIMG_4091_zpsgzfo6gzh.jpg

Here's a before/after shot of the blueberry fantasy (3 months growth) Never lost it's colors, and doing great.

MACNA%202015%2013%20of%204_zpsi9gudvnb.j

20151114ReefTankIMG_4114_zpsmw5xg5b9.jpg

Here's the unknown milli, it did loose its color, but growing well and very slowly getting colors back. (2 months growth)

MACNA%202015%2010%20of%204_zps9s8g2sxj.j

20151114ReefTankIMG_4173_zpsarsle6rf.jpg

and another

20151114ReefTankIMG_4118_zpsc0nh2e2l.jpg

Now just a few random shots

Forest Fire
20151114ReefTankIMG_4176_zpspnaupyyr.jpg

Shades of Fall (colors way off)
20151114ReefTankIMG_4145_zpsp7lprkgx.jpg

I have a few rescued frags of ORA Borealis
20151114ReefTankIMG_4165_zpsygicqr3u.jpg

I have a big colony of this Miyagi, but this is a small tip that brokeoff and has grown big and healthy
20151114ReefTankIMG_4155_zps2bbllmqu.jpg

• Like 8
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Working on grabbing a few updates this week, but did get a few new shots of the fish. Most behaved well in front of the lens. On a separate note, I did finally do another water test last week, first one since last October, everything still the same except the Po4 is back where I want it at .03

24570657430_5e01de59f8_c.jpg

24570657480_94bf218cfd_c.jpg

24748223402_228567b82a_c.jpg

24772698191_4d01edbd48_c.jpg

24866115825_1d1b43bdb1_c.jpg

• Like 4

Working on grabbing a few updates this week, but did get a few new shots of the fish. Most behaved well in front of the lens. On a separate note, I did finally do another water test last week, first one since last October, everything still the same except the Po4 is back where I want it at .03

24570657430_5e01de59f8_c.jpg

Great shots as always! What is this looker, a neon dottyback? How territorial is he?

Yeah, neon dottyback. I would say 80% of the time he's fine, the other 20% of the time he's a total PITA and always pesters new additions to the tank for a few weeks.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Well, it's been awhile since my last update, and since it's been a rainy weekend I decided to pull out my gear. Tank is doing pretty good, still knocking out the last of the bryopsis and only have a small patch or two left. Picked up a one-spot foxface and he rather enjoys the stuff. Other than that I really haven't added much to the tank, been buying lenses instead. And you thought reefing was an expensive hobby. :facepalm:

Photobomb.....

I shut the pumps off for a FTS, that's why the water looks low.

Tinpan%20Reef-9_zpscsqebhup.jpg

Tinpan%20Reef-10_zpsgx5qpchk.jpg

A quick one of the nem that just keeps splitting..... *sigh*

Tinpan%20Reef-8_zpsqfsckbvh.jpg

And a few corals. Colors are great!

Tinpan%20Reef-6_zpsufgguwcw.jpg

Tinpan%20Reef-11_zpscexbpdly.jpg

Tinpan%20Reef-7_zpsilihg8xo.jpg

Tinpan%20Reef-5_zpsowid47os.jpg

Tinpan%20Reef-4_zpsbs18pttr.jpg

Tinpan%20Reef-3_zpssueqwfjy.jpg

Tinpan%20Reef-2_zps20pa0cah.jpg

That's it for now, was fun shooting the tank again, it's been too long.

• Like 2