Cool that you got to see that BRS tank in person. They did a 3 or 4 part YouTube series on setting up that clown harem tank, a lot of planning went into sourcing the right clowns and overall setup.

• Like 1

uwdanno   

Cool that you got to see that BRS tank in person. They did a 3 or 4 part YouTube series on setting up that clown harem tank, a lot of planning went into sourcing the right clowns and overall setup.

I had no idea they made a series out of it. Just watched them all. Very cool.

Makes me want to make something like it :)

• Like 1

uwdanno   

Sorry for the aweful iPad pic but I don't feel like getting the DLSR out.

I'm heading out to Nashville for the 4th. Like Batman watches over Gotham- Eheim Auto Feeder watches over my tank. Eat well dudes.

Omnomnom

f067b9de2b303fc9de68e2516be206d1.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry for the aweful iPad pic but I don't feel like getting the DLSR out.

I'm heading out to Nashville for the 4th. Like Batman watches over Gotham- Eheim Auto Feeder watches over my tank. Eat well dudes.

Omnomnom

f067b9de2b303fc9de68e2516be206d1.jpg

Cool, i used my auto feeder like that too- going over the screen. When i got back after the weekend i had a small pile that never made it through. Maybe my flakes were just to big?

Now i just pull the screen back and leave the feeder over the open tank and tape extra screen around to close it off except where the feeder goes- not pretty but it works

• Like 1

uwdanno   

Cool, i used my auto feeder like that too- going over the screen. When i got back after the weekend i had a small pile that never made it through. Maybe my flakes were just to big?

I have pellets in there so they shouldn't have a problem getting to the water. I am expecting a dirty tank though. The settings for the opening don't have a great point for the right amount to drop in. It's either too little or too much. I errorred on the too much side but only once a day.

• Like 1

uwdanno   

Ordered- IM Desktop Reactor and BRS Granular GFO

Will likely sell my JBJ fuge grow light.

Hoping the phosphate reduction improves colors and growth.

• Like 1

uwdanno   

Ive decided to dose Alk via the ATO. Requirements and calculations below. I will likely do much less than below to be safe at the start.

Capture.png

I love going to BRS! They've define fly upgraded there tank(s) soon to be. I also love all the workers tanks, and baller building. I'm about 45 minutes away now...I usually use there shipping, I figure gas hog SUV and time is worth the extra 4-5$. I love that pic of the spongeides!

uwdanno   

I love that pic of the spongeides!

That coral might be the healthiest in the tank. I got it as a FIF from TCMAS reefer Beav. It was brown and kinda ugly when I got it. Tons of light colored it right up

white tank, oops Kalk didn't shut off. I took the PH probe out to clean it and holy shit storm. Didn't have water made so I rushed to 2 different Petcos and got 8 jugs of premixed ocean salt, witch at the time I had the 34 before upgrading. I need to buy two part still. Got all my dosing equipment. Right now I'm using Red Sea ABC powdered supplement.

I was using a Kalk stirrer/reactor

• Like 1

uwdanno   

white tank, oops Kalk didn't shut off. I took the PH probe out to clean it and holy shit storm. Didn't have water made so I rushed to 2 different Petcos and got 8 jugs of premixed ocean salt, witch at the time I had the 34 before upgrading. I need to buy two part still. Got all my dosing equipment. Right now I'm using Red Sea ABC powdered supplement.

I was using a Kalk stirrer/reactor

What a nightmare. Knock on wood but I have yet to have an equipment failure. Probably just cursed myself :(

• Like 1

uwdanno   

Uh oh. Just measured my PO4 at .10 with a Hanna checker. Getting my IM Desktop Reactor running with GFO tonight.

uwdanno   

Well that cleared up fast. I added 3tbs of GFO, much less than the recommended 5tbs. Measured PO4 this morning and it was 0. Granted the Hanna checker has an error tolerance of +/- .04

Im going to take the GFO out tonight and replace with only 1.5 tbs. My target PO4 is around .02.

These IM reactors are slick

• Like 2

uwdanno   

My Favia has really settled in this tank. The feeding response is very evident.

• Like 1

uwdanno   

Where the favia come from? Nice little gem;)

Picked it up as half a head from Saltwater Empire.

uwdanno   

Update. Added several SPS and some additional rocks/rescapping. Mini max reactor has been running with GFO and I have been very happy with the results. Right now I am focused on stabilizing the tank for growth. Once things really settle in and encrust healthy bases, I plan to start with the Red Sea Colors program. I won $100 gift card to BRS. I'll be putting that towards a Bubble Magus Doser soon.

I still cant figure out how to tank a decent tank pic for the life of me! Someday I'll figure out white balance and exposure....

Thanks for checking things out!

FTS

tank%20007.jpg

Right side

tank%20006.jpg

tank%20012.jpg

Garf Bonsai and ORA Setosa

tank%20002.jpg

Acro Island - Red Planet, Pink Lemonade, Blue Tort, Green Milli, Pink Birds, Green Birds, Psammacora, couple unkown acros

tank%20005.jpg

Left Side - Far left is a Gorg oasis

tank%20008.jpg

• Like 1

Tanks looking great- I like that rock on the left?. Bubble magus doser is sweet- life changer for sure.

• Like 1

uwdanno   

Tanks looking great- I like that rock on the left?. Bubble magus doser is sweet- life changer for sure.

Thanks man. Really happy with how things are coming together. I've got a couple frags I want to get off the sand bed.

So pumped to get the doser. Every time I dose manually (daily) I seriously think--- damn sk8n did this for like a year straight lol

• Like 1

Thanks man. Really happy with how things are coming together. I've got a couple frags I want to get off the sand bed.

So pumped to get the doser. Every time I dose manually (daily) I seriously think--- damn sk8n did this for like a year straight lol

Hahaha! For sure- my wife helped during the day though also but Ya its a crazy amount of attention our tanks take- but worth every bit of it! Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Ive decided to dose Alk via the ATO. Requirements and calculations below. I will likely do much less than below to be safe at the start.

Capture.png

This is why I will never figure out dosing.. <_<

• Like 1

This is why I will never figure out dosing.. <_<

YEP- lol

Or just do it my way- add a table spoon every day and cross your fingers ;)

• Like 2

uwdanno   

YEP- lol

Or just do it my way- add a table spoon every day and cross your fingers ;)

Trial and error for the win. In all honesty you can try to calculate it to the gnats ass detail but that's only a temporary number. As things grow or you add stuff that number is no longer good. Add, test, add, test, add, test.....

• Like 1

What's up, MN broski. Tank shots are nice. Figuring out your starting points for alk and calc can be a PITA at first, I use the Hanna checkers, except for the calcium one its garbage IMO. Low res phosphate and alk tester are great and much easier. Imo, anyway.

• Like 1