Jump to content

Recommended Posts

It looks to me like you could use a bigger tank! Ive got a reefer 250 that would look great as a replacement ;);)

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/11/2017 at 9:04 AM, dirtrider225 said:

It looks to me like you could use a bigger tank! Ive got a reefer 250 that would look great as a replacement ;);)

Got one for sale?

Share this post


Link to post

@Scorched @dirtrider225

 

If it weren't for Colette (12 weeks old) I'd be all over it. It'll be a long time before I go bigger.  

 

 

colette.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Amazing tank. I am curious about what you feed, how much, and how often. Also do you feel like the sand bed is helping to stabilize the swings?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/12/2017 at 12:21 PM, uwdanno said:

@Scorched @dirtrider225

 

If it weren't for Colette (12 weeks old) I'd be all over it. It'll be a long time before I go bigger.  

 

 

colette.jpg

Shes pretty darn cute so I'll give you a pass this one time haha Still, your little tank looks amazing. Im hoping to pick up a 120 fatboy and start fresh if i can find someone who wants my current tank lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/14/2017 at 10:30 AM, dirtrider225 said:

Shes pretty darn cute so I'll give you a pass this one time haha Still, your little tank looks amazing. Im hoping to pick up a 120 fatboy and start fresh if i can find someone who wants my current tank lol

Why not start fresh with the redsea? They are such awesome tanks 

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/12/2017 at 2:31 PM, pompeyjohn said:

Amazing tank. I am curious about what you feed, how much, and how often. Also do you feel like the sand bed is helping to stabilize the swings?

Once a day. Just pellets. I put in enough food for each fish to get a couple pellets.  I would say I definitely feed on the light side.

 

For the corals I no longer feed anything.

 

I love sandbeds. I can't confidently say what it's doIng for me other than everything I have going on in this tank works together perfectly. During the summer I put VERY little effort into the tank and continues to thrive. I wouldn't change a thing

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/12/2017 at 2:31 PM, pompeyjohn said:

Amazing tank. I am curious about what you feed, how much, and how often. Also do you feel like the sand bed is helping to stabilize the swings?

Once a day. Just pellets. I put in enough food for each fish to get a couple pellets.  I would say I definitely feed on the light side.

 

For the corals I no longer feed anything.

 

I love sandbeds. I can't confidently say what it's doIng for me other than everything I have going on in this tank works together perfectly. During the summer I put VERY little effort into the tank and continues to thrive. I wouldn't change a thing

zoas.jpg

greenfavia.jpg

favia2.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Do you ever stir or vacuum you sandbed?

Share this post


Link to post

Wow. Thanks. That is not much at all, and yet the fish look so healthy.

 

I am also amazed at how you have managed to keep the chaeto from getting into the return section.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/17/2017 at 6:51 AM, uwdanno said:

Why not start fresh with the redsea? They are such awesome tanks 

I do like mine, i was just looking to go larger. Its kind of now or never to go larger because im sure im only a few years away from having kids myself and then my hobby time will be drastically cut. plus ive never had a tank over 100 gallons, so i think it would be cool to try it out once

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I’m losing the battle here. My alk spiked to 15dkh. I was trying to raise slowly over time and forgot to turn the dosing pumps back down. I’m losing a couple pieces to RTN- my 8 in JoL Lepto is completely gone. 

 

My return pump, reactor pump, ato pump and 1 of the dosing pumps have all failed within the last 3 weeks.

 

My Sixline Wrasse also died and disappeared. 

 

It’s very discouraging. 

  • Sad 8

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, uwdanno said:

I’m losing the battle here. My alk spiked to 15dkh. I was trying to raise slowly over time and forgot to turn the dosing pumps back down. I’m losing a couple pieces to RTN- my 8 in JoL Lepto is completely gone. 

 

My return pump, reactor pump, ato pump and 1 of the dosing pumps have all failed within the last 3 weeks.

 

My Sixline Wrasse also died and disappeared. 

 

It’s very discouraging. 

F*** man. That sucks :(. What are your plans going forward?

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, uwdanno said:

I’m losing the battle here. My alk spiked to 15dkh. I was trying to raise slowly over time and forgot to turn the dosing pumps back down. I’m losing a couple pieces to RTN- my 8 in JoL Lepto is completely gone. 

 

My return pump, reactor pump, ato pump and 1 of the dosing pumps have all failed within the last 3 weeks.

 

My Sixline Wrasse also died and disappeared. 

 

It’s very discouraging. 

I am very sorry to hear this.. Let me know if there is anything i can do for you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I am sorry to hear about your recent losses.  However, your tank is simply fascinating and I plan to use it as an inspiration for my IM Nuvo 20 Fusion.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/1/2017 at 2:26 PM, RIP Sebastian said:

Sorry to hear about that stuff. It sucks.

 

On 10/1/2017 at 6:50 PM, xiaoxiy said:

F*** man. That sucks :(. What are your plans going forward?

 

On 10/1/2017 at 7:21 PM, hinnenkm said:

No, I'm really sorry! :(

 

On 10/2/2017 at 8:18 AM, dirtrider225 said:

I am very sorry to hear this.. Let me know if there is anything i can do for you. 

 

12 hours ago, mr9iron said:

I am sorry to hear about your recent losses.  However, your tank is simply fascinating and I plan to use it as an inspiration for my IM Nuvo 20 Fusion.

Thanks for the support. Good news is I'm getting it back on track. DKH has been dropping for a couple days now and I am almost back to the point of turning the dosing pumps back on.  It looks like I will only be losing the JoL lepto. A couple of the SPS pieces had some RTN but it looks to be contained to the bases. I may use this opportunity to bust up a couple pieces and try to pry the clam out of hiding. 

 

Also replaced the return pump last night. As far as equipment goes everything should be back on track. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/4/2017 at 10:04 AM, uwdanno said:

 

That Lepto was amazing and easily one of my favorite corals.  I hope to see some updates soon.

 

 

Thanks for the support. Good news is I'm getting it back on track. DKH has been dropping for a couple days now and I am almost back to the point of turning the dosing pumps back on.  It looks like I will only be losing the JoL lepto. A couple of the SPS pieces had some RTN but it looks to be contained to the bases. I may use this opportunity to bust up a couple pieces and try to pry the clam out of hiding. 

 

Also replaced the return pump last night. As far as equipment goes everything should be back on track. 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Derp. Accidentally tapped the corner of the tank with a beer bottle. Made a pretty sizable chip in the top right corner. It’s high enough that it doesn’t appear to be a structural issue but cosmetically it’s killin me. 

 

Does anyone remember if IM tanks were on Black Friday deals last year??

 

I’d love to get an AIO that’s about 30”x16”. I don’t think there’s anything out there like that though

 

 

B20F8D24-2585-454C-AC7B-E385520CCC3C.jpeg

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

I was actually just wondering how things were going with your tank and happy to see the update, but sorry it's because of chipping the glass! It's longer than what you're looking for, but have you seen the IM Nuvo 30? They're 36x15x13 and beautiful!

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, uwdanno said:

Derp. Accidentally tapped the corner of the tank with a beer bottle. Made a pretty sizable chip in the top right corner. It’s high enough that it doesn’t appear to be a structural issue but cosmetically it’s killin me. 

 

Does anyone remember if IM tanks were on Black Friday deals last year??

 

I’d love to get an AIO that’s about 30”x16”. I don’t think there’s anything out there like that though

 

 

B20F8D24-2585-454C-AC7B-E385520CCC3C.jpeg

I’ve been contemplating the IM Lagoon 50 for this holiday shopping season. It has 30 x 16 front viewing area, but 30 x 24 footprint. I’m guessing your dimensions was more for footprint? 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recommended Discussions

  • Sign Up or Sign In to hide this.

×