Pod Your Reef

16 minutes ago, Travis said:

You are due for a tank upgrade sir. Looks amazing btw!! You should send me some of those orange shrooms!

Tank upgrade is due. Not in the cards though with 2 kids under the age of 3. Someday. I can send you orange shrooms. I've never mailed corals and have been wanting to try. I'll hit you up when I get courage. I bought a single one from Legendary Corals as a Jawbreaker. I haven't had any crazy colors come in but a friend of mine has. So they seem legit. 

21 minutes ago, uwdanno said:

Thinking about taking some corals out to get back to a bommie look. Maybe the caps on the left, the two favias in the sand bed and potentially the hammer coral in the back center.... might be a winter project. Would love any thoughts. Keep things or clean 'er up?!

IMG_4783.jpg

New page bump

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, uwdanno said:

This clam is locked down in an SPS nest... no getting it out now.

clam.jpg

Some other SPS pics

myagi2.jpg

rightangle.jpg

setosa.jpg

caps.jpg

birdsnest.jpg

psammy.jpg

overhead.jpg

Having your clam trapped because the acros have grown all around it is what we reefers call "a really good problem to have" :lol:

The tank looks just spectacular!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Everything looks great!  I think you've hit the sweet spot with everything filled in so I say change it up if need be...... I'd hate to have to touch those monti's though.......They are very pretty!

And, I agree with @Travis, I want on the list for a flaming shroom. fingerscrossed

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Scorched said:

Looks so good Dan!  I'd like to get a frag of that blue tipped SPS if you can frag it.

For sure. Its growing fast and I'm trimming it regularly. I'd love to find a home for a frag of it. I'll take a look tonight to see how its looking and when I can get one to you.

Full disclosure - I do have an on and off again battle with bryopsis. Your tank is always immaculate. I'd hate to introduce anything to it. Totally your call.

49 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

The tank looks even more amazing than when you got the TOTM! Is the blue-tipped (ice-fire echinata?) a new addition since last year?

Thanks! It was in there for TOTM but just a small pup. The pictures and recent growth/colors definitely look more like a enchinata but I've always thought it was more of a myagi tort. Its more purple than blue in person. Definitely a pretty coral.

34 minutes ago, DaveFason said:

Tank looks incredible. Send these photos to Ecotech! 

Keep up the amazing work. 

-D

Dave! CONGRATS to you man! Just got an email from Marine Depot that they are carrying Nanobox lights. Your journey to build your business has been more fun to watch than any tank on here. High fives all around.

31 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Everything looks great!  I think you've hit the sweet spot with everything filled in so I say change it up if need be...... I'd hate to have to touch those monti's though.......They are very pretty!

And, I agree with @Travis, I want on the list for a flaming shroom. fingerscrossed

Ha! For sure. They grow pretty fast, I just need to get down there and pop a couple off. You and Travis are first in line. Winter is coming in Minnesota - I'll have my face 100% back in this tank soon.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, uwdanno said:

Ha! For sure. They grow pretty fast, I just need to get down there and pop a couple off. You and Travis are first in line. Winter is coming in Minnesota - I'll have my face 100% back in this tank soon.

:naughtydance::naughtydance::naughtydance:

• Like 1

Following! Just read your entire thread. This is the most beautiful Fusion 20 I've ever seen. I love the two islands you created, makes me want to tear mine down and rescape. 

• Like 1
Christopher Marks
10 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

The tank looks even more amazing than when you got the TOTM!

Seriously, it just continues to get more amazing by the month. I can't believe it's nearly been a full year since the feature, it's awesome to see just how much all the corals have grown and filled in, particularly the SPS.

Have you shot any more video clips @uwdanno? That was a nice one back in July :)

17 hours ago, Minidoll said:

Following! Just read your entire thread. This is the most beautiful Fusion 20 I've ever seen. I love the two islands you created, makes me want to tear mine down and rescape. 

Thanks! Don't tear it down! I tweeked mine tons of times before I found the right look. 

15 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Seriously, it just continues to get more amazing by the month. I can't believe it's nearly been a full year since the feature, it's awesome to see just how much all the corals have grown and filled in, particularly the SPS.

Have you shot any more video clips @uwdanno? That was a nice one back in July :)

No additional videos since then but I have been hoping to get one soon. I have some time in the coming weeks - I'll try to see if I can piece one together.  

Updated FTS.

fts2.0.jpg

• Like 12
  • Wow 1
1 minute ago, xiaoxiy said:

Fantastic tank dude. Any issues with shadowing, now that your SPS colonies are getting so big?

Thanks. Surprisingly, I don't see any issues from shading. Everything just grows, grows, grows. The bigger issue I have is flow. I run the MP10 on the right side of the tank at about 55% and there is still a big dead spot on the left side of the tank. I've wrestled with the idea of adding some sort of powerhead but know that I wouldn't like the look of it. 

Your tank is absolutely one of my favorites - it's looking beautiful! If you're seriously going to get rid of some of those mushrooms this winter for people in the area, I'd gladly get in line too! Looking forward to seeing more updates :)

• Like 1
13 hours ago, uwdanno said:

Thanks! Don't tear it down! I tweeked mine tons of times before I found the right look. 

No additional videos since then but I have been hoping to get one soon. I have some time in the coming weeks - I'll try to see if I can piece one together.  

Updated FTS.

fts2.0.jpg

aww-yiss_o_1820563.jpg

• Like 2
On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 8:15 AM, uwdanno said:

For sure. Its growing fast and I'm trimming it regularly. I'd love to find a home for a frag of it. I'll take a look tonight to see how its looking and when I can get one to you.

Full disclosure - I do have an on and off again battle with bryopsis. Your tank is always immaculate. I'd hate to introduce anything to it. Totally your call.

Thanks! It was in there for TOTM but just a small pup. The pictures and recent growth/colors definitely look more like a enchinata but I've always thought it was more of a myagi tort. Its more purple than blue in person. Definitely a pretty coral.

Dave! CONGRATS to you man! Just got an email from Marine Depot that they are carrying Nanobox lights. Your journey to build your business has been more fun to watch than any tank on here. High fives all around.

I'd totally step into line to purchase one of your pretty mushrooms! :)

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Merthynia said:

I'd totally step into line to purchase one of your pretty mushrooms! :)

I'm not into charging people for corals (aside from shipping). Sharing is better for us all! I may have to do a Nano-Reef contest to get some of these out.

I bought them (the mother) from Legendary Corals as Jaw Breakers as a gift for a friend. His has some really amazing deep red streaks running through it now. He gave me a baby and that baby quickly popped out dozens more! Still waiting for my colors to come in but when they do it'll be FIRE!!

I'll start thinking about the contest. 

16 hours ago, hinnenkm said:

Your tank is absolutely one of my favorites - it's looking beautiful! If you're seriously going to get rid of some of those mushrooms this winter for people in the area, I'd gladly get in line too! Looking forward to seeing more updates :)

Thanks for the compliments. 

For sure. If I remember correctly you have a tank in your classroom?! I'd love to contribute to that!

IMG_5020.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, uwdanno said:

I'm not into charging people for corals (aside from shipping). Sharing is better for us all! I may have to do a Nano-Reef contest to get some of these out.

I bought them (the mother) from Legendary Corals as Jaw Breakers as a gift for a friend. His has some really amazing deep red streaks running through it now. He gave me a baby and that baby quickly popped out dozens more! Still waiting for my colors to come in but when they do it'll be FIRE!!

For sure. If I remember correctly you have a tank in your classroom?! I'd love to contribute to that!

IMG_5020.jpg

A contest would be fun! Those are stunning with or without the extra colors! :)

1 hour ago, uwdanno said:

IMG_5020.jpg

I do and it's actually a Fusion 20 now! I got a really good deal on it and needed more room for my fish - not nearly at the point yours is though :) Thank you very much for the offer and I would absolutely love to take you up on it. I'm going to try and get the classroom thread updated this weekend... 

3 minutes ago, hinnenkm said:

I do and it's actually a Fusion 20 now! I got a really good deal on it and needed more room for my fish - not nearly at the point yours is though :) Thank you very much for the offer and I would absolutely love to take you up on it. I'm going to try and get the classroom thread updated this weekend... 

Very cool. I'll stir up a couple frags for you and ping you when they are ready. 

• Like 1