inTank Media Baskets

Not a problem at all! I have been back on Nano Reef in anticipation of getting back into the hobby, sold all my stuff off when we sold our old home and move to a new house. I set up a 180g Frontosa tank but freshwater is just not my thing, it is all being sold off this weekend and hopes to set up a 25g cube.

Yay, welcome back!

They are good problems. Your frag tank is seriously killing me though. I am in need of one too. You're going to have a blast with that thing.

I am loving it already! I've always love the shallow tank look but I didn't realize how much I'd love it until now. It's already my favorite tank :)

• Like 3

i dunno how you are able to cram so much SPS in such a tiny tank!

I dunno either. I'm having fun with it though. Made some nice sized frags last night. Its a whole new side of reefing that I haven't experienced yet.

Stop Dan!! Your tank is looking too good. I can't keep up.

Ha. I wish.

I'll make you some and hit you up when its worth meeting up. Fragging my Spongeode tonight.

Thanks a lot.

It's a schedule I made. It's a simple ramp up and ramp down. My peak is pictured below and the curve is below that. I've been pretty happy with it and can't find any reason to adjust it right now. Let me know if you want more detail

19641FF1-6984-4B05-893A-8FAAC3C78311.png

A94AE05C-0596-4F31-A4B5-4E252EE8C80E.png

Thanks!!!

Sounds good! Hit me up after the 13of febuary, gonna be outta town till then! If you like yumas i have a few variety i could trade you as well assuming you are interested

• Like 1

Thanks a lot.

It's a schedule I made. It's a simple ramp up and ramp down. My peak is pictured below and the curve is below that. I've been pretty happy with it and can't find any reason to adjust it right now. Let me know if you want more detail

Thanks!!!

Neat. You're running the Radions at 90-100% intensity from 1pm to 8pm? I think that's pretty similar to the Coral Growth template in that it's a pretty quick ramp up and stays near max for most of the photoperiod.

How high is your light from water surface? Looks to be around 9" to 12" from a photo on the first page.

Do your colour channels change in intensity throughout the day or just the overall intensity? I've just read that red and green spectrums can promote algae growth.

Radions are so cool. I'm still fiddling around with mine and it's awesome how many options are available. I wonder what kind of utility there is in the lunar phase functions.

• Like 1

Neat. You're running the Radions at 90-100% intensity from 1pm to 8pm? I think that's pretty similar to the Coral Growth template in that it's a pretty quick ramp up and stays near max for most of the photoperiod.

How high is your light from water surface? Looks to be around 9" to 12" from a photo on the first page.

Do your colour channels change in intensity throughout the day or just the overall intensity? I've just read that red and green spectrums can promote algae growth.

Radions are so cool. I'm still fiddling around with mine and it's awesome how many options are available. I wonder what kind of utility there is in the lunar phase functions.

I'd say the light is about 11 inches from the water line.

The color channels change slightly. The blues are 100% throughout but the whites, greens and reds ramp up and down from the peek by about ~5%. Overall intensity stays 100% all day.

Radions are cool. I was really nervous when I first got mine. I was so cautious not to fry everything. Take is slow and ramp up a couple %/day. Watch to see how the coral responds and then assess another change. Good luck!!

Unrelated. IPhone panoramic of my basement and tank. Obviously distorted but gives an idea of the room.

647A6A72-6B04-471A-A1EF-9E0046BBB584.jpg

• Like 3

damn, that basement is huge. you need a bigger tank by the fireplace. a red sea reefer 425 XL would work.

I have a sunroom on the main floor upstairs that would be perfect for a large tank too. In the basement there are at least 3 walls that could fit a RS425. Only problem is I have 1 (soon to be 2) kids and 7 nieces/nephews under 5 years old. They hit the basement and go hard.

I'm thinking several years down the road. When the kids are older and a wild pitch won't land a golf ball through the glass. :lol:

I'd say the light is about 11 inches from the water line.

The color channels change slightly. The blues are 100% throughout but the whites, greens and reds ramp up and down from the peek by about ~5%. Overall intensity stays 100% all day.

Radions are cool. I was really nervous when I first got mine. I was so cautious not to fry everything. Take is slow and ramp up a couple %/day. Watch to see how the coral responds and then assess another change. Good luck!!

Unrelated. IPhone panoramic of my basement and tank. Obviously distorted but gives an idea of the room.

647A6A72-6B04-471A-A1EF-9E0046BBB584.jpg

Nice basement! It needs a bigger tank to go with the big room. :D

The colors on your SPS are amazing! I'm surprised you get such stunning colors on your acroporas with no skimmer.

Beautiful tank! If you were to do it all over again what would you change?

Thanks. Good question. So tough to say. I lost a couple SPS early on because I didn't have the right equipment. If I could go back, I'd buy a great LED light much sooner. It made all the difference. Other than that, I've been pretty happy with the journey - definitely learned a TON about reefing.

Nice basement! It needs a bigger tank to go with the big room. :D

The colors on your SPS are amazing! I'm surprised you get such stunning colors on your acroporas with no skimmer.

I have bigger tank syndrome bad. I need get that out of my head ASAP.

Thanks. The colors are really strong a bold. In the almost 2 years the tank has been up, I'd guess I've only missed a weekly water change once or twice. Often times I'll only go 5 days before changing. I really think that's been the aspect that's propelled the tank. Keeps waste and organics low while continually replenishing elements.

It could be purely snake oil but I have been using RSCP for about 6 months now with growth and colors about as good as I could hope for. I prefer that over individually adding (guessing) trace elements.

Thanks. Good question. So tough to say. I lost a couple SPS early on because I didn't have the right equipment. If I could go back, I'd buy a great LED light much sooner. It made all the difference. Other than that, I've been pretty happy with the journey - definitely learned a TON about reefing

Cool. Pretty sure I've got the lights covered already w/ 2x radion G3. I started buying equipment for a new build 8 months ago. It should see water in the next 2 weeks.

• Like 1

Cool. Pretty sure I've got the lights covered already w/ 2x radion G3. I started buying equipment for a new build 8 months ago. It should see water in the next 2 weeks.

Awesome. Good luck

I love the grafted cap! For the bristle worms, a Wrasse would make quick work of them!

Grafted caps are really great. Mine split where the colors merge so I'm not getting much dual color growth. I have a six line that plows through them. I really love that fish

WOW! Very nice tank. I've been gone awhile so I just had to comment. #$

Thanks. You have been gone awhile. Welcome back

Sorry for all the iPhone pics- 2 yr old Daddys girl keeps me beyond busy. I'm hoping to get my DSLR out this weekend and take some better ones.

Soaking up the morning sunlight.

6EBE1C6C-9E1B-443C-A0C7-4F72BCA32E94.jpg

Top down of the SPS rock. I am clipping the birdsnest almost every other day to keep the clam from shading. Its working so far.

902F80D0-23B7-4DD4-A84F-B46038E65A90.jpg

Frag rack.

Jack o'lantern Lepto, Psammocora, Red Planet, Rastas (closed up), Spongeode

2D95DAF3-E446-4B43-BE1F-26851754DC21.jpg

• Like 4

Looking very good! Amazing growth since your TOTM pics!

Thanks. I know! I wish I could go back and update/redo those pics! I thought I had growth and established corals then but this is almost a different tank now.

• Like 1

Sorry for all the iPhone pics- 2 yr old Daddys girl keeps me beyond busy. I'm hoping to get my DSLR out this weekend and take some better ones.

Soaking up the morning sunlight.

Top down of the SPS rock. I am clipping the birdsnest almost every other day to keep the clam from shading. Its working so far.

Frag rack.

Jack o'lantern Lepto, Psammocora, Red Planet, Rastas (closed up), Spongeode

2D95DAF3-E446-4B43-BE1F-26851754DC21.jpg

The one that you say is red planet looks like a Granulosa. One of my favorites. Tank is looking stellar as normal!