inTank Media Baskets

some of it was my fault not doing something correctly, but i do have one frag left alive, some sort of monti i think,

Small controlled changes impacting only one variable are the key

Small controlled changes impacting only one variable are the key

yea right now its going to take a while to fix the issue,. but ive got it right, now its just a matter of time

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up a Red Dragon, Purple Plana (possibly Crayola) and this grafted Monti Cap. Everything is aclimating now.

My LFS New Wave Aquaria is an sps heaven.

20151024_151347_edit_1445719743601.jpg

• Like 3

Oooh I love that Monti, the two color combo is really cool. At first it looks sick then you take a closer look and it's helthy just 2 colors.

Agreed. It's one of those pieces that require a double take. It'll be fun to watch the colors swirl as it grows out

Agreed. It's one of those pieces that require a double take. It'll be fun to watch the colors swirl as it grows out

Try to give it some really random flow for a cup like growth pattern. It would look wicked with the dual color!

-Dave

• Like 1

Try to give it some really random flow for a cup like growth pattern. It would look wicked with the dual color!

-Dave

The secret to a cup revealed! Thanks. I've got a spot in mind that should be pretty random. Really pumped to watch this grow.

I move across town in 30 days. Thinking I'll keep new stuff in the frag rack until then. Reduce transport damage.

Nice graft! I have trouble keeping the color in mine, hopefully you'll have better luck :)

Is it put side by size and growing away form each other, or streaking with color?

• Like 1

Nice graft! I have trouble keeping the color in mine, hopefully you'll have better luck :)

Is it put side by size and growing away form each other, or streaking with color?

Streaking with color. Ill post a pic with my DSLR soon.

My LFS is starting their own aquacultured section. This is a frag from a grafted cap they've had for a bit.

I'm going to keep it pretty lowish par in a random flow area.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought a new house and we are moving in soon. Tank will go to the right of the fireplace in the basement.

That wall is 10ft so I doubt heat from the fire will be an issue.

DBA52417-AABD-475E-8C20-533D4E4E29CC.jpg

0B13E92C-BA78-4BA0-AFDC-30EEC8549FF1.jpg

• Like 8

Bought a new house and we are moving in soon. Tank will go to the right of the fireplace in the basement.

That wall is 10ft so I doubt heat from the fire will be an issue.

DBA52417-AABD-475E-8C20-533D4E4E29CC.jpg

0B13E92C-BA78-4BA0-AFDC-30EEC8549FF1.jpg

Dang what about the wall on the left :D Maybe a 180 or bigger :lol:

That 20 is going to be lost.......

• Like 1

Dang what about the wall on the left :D Maybe a 180 or bigger :lol:

That 20 is going to be lost.......

Ha! That crossed my mind. The house is a stretch for is so any upgrading is a looooooong ways away

Man that house is SUPER nice! And love your sun coral gif!

Thanks! We looked forever but finally found the perfect spot for us. I'm really looking forward to having enough room for tank maintenance storage... Buckets,RO/DI, etc

I think I'll be setting up my Nuvo 4 gallon somewhere too. Thinking about making it a softy tank.

Glad you like the sun coral gif. They are acting up lately... Haven't seen the polyps in a couple days.

Yeah I have heard about some issues with sun corals and I have never wanted to press my luck with them. I hear you on the space man living in a condo myself we have no room for anything that I would want like a QT tank and some other things.

• Like 1

Yeah I have heard about some issues with sun corals and I have never wanted to press my luck with them. I hear you on the space man living in a condo myself we have no room for anything that I would want like a QT tank and some other things.

That's kind of where I was at when I bought them.

I've cut back on over all feedings to starve out some pests. Unfortunately that means the sun corals aren't getting feed as much either. I was doing mysis 2-3 times spot feed to the Suns and the were very happy

That's kind of where I was at when I bought them.

I've cut back on over all feedings to starve out some pests. Unfortunately that means the sun corals aren't getting feed as much either. I was doing mysis 2-3 times spot feed to the Suns and the were very happy

Well let me know how it turns out, I'm still a little too scared to put the money up for something I'm going to end up killing. On a happy note check out this take I saw at the Dallas Aquariun!

post-88130-0-57256900-1447036557_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Well let me know how it turns out, I'm still a little too scared to put the money up for something I'm going to end up killing. On a happy note check out this take I saw at the Dallas Aquariun!

Very cool! They are stunners in colony's like that. Maybe that's what I'll do in my pico- an NPS tank

They aren't really any harder to care for than a fish. They challenge starts if you have bad tank mates. My cleaner shrimp hustles to pull food out of their polyps every time. If he was gone... It'd be a breeze

Very cool! They are stunners in colony's like that. Maybe that's what I'll do in my pico- an NPS tank

They aren't really any harder to care for than a fish. They challenge starts if you have bad tank mates. My cleaner shrimp hustles to pull food out of their polyps every time. If he was gone... It'd be a breeze

Yeah my cleaner shrimp kills everything I have because it pulls food from its mouth. My bubble tip recently died because it pulled ever bit of food from its mouth and never let it eat (at least that's what I am sticking with)

Sun Corals are great. I picked up a few heads a week ago and they open up every night for me. They know it is food time.....Here is a pic IMG_1197.jpg

Also grabbed a couple of Dendros.

• Like 1

Sun Corals are great. I picked up a few heads a week ago and they open up every night for me. They know it is food time.....Here is a pic IMG_1197.jpg

Also grabbed a couple of Dendros.

Those look great. I've eyed up dendros several times. At my new house, I'll be 5 mins from my fav LFS. They have them in all the time. Doubt I'll be able to walk past them many more times

Yeah have always liked the Dendros and a few weeks ago purchased a few from a on line auction or sale off of another forum. Hell prices were so good I kind of went crazy..........

Here is my Fusion now :unsure: There are actually 2 racks there stacked on one another................

IMG_1166.jpg

• Like 3