Pod Your Reef

So is that a modified towel rod or something?

Exactly. Made some mods with a drill press to get the cords in the pipe. Pretty inexpensive but should look much cleaner

Looks good but I still think you need a 180 in wall :lol:

Post up some more pics of the towel rod it looks interesting.

I'll post closer pics once I wrap up the mods and mount to the wall.

3/8 in glass for the stand

tank%20003.jpg

Light fixture before mods

tank%20002_1.jpg

• Like 4

I like the glass idea.

It looks really cool. The glass reflects and creates a cool effect. I'll take more pics over the holiday.

It was about $50 for a pretty large piece

Swag

Shit looks way nicer than a gooseneck :lol: Nice job!

Thanks guys. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Next I am working on an automatic water changing station that'll do 1-2 gallons a day. Credit Kdrof for the idea. Check his build out!

• Like 2

Damn dude,awesome job on everything. Everything is looking top notch,forreal.

Beautiful job on the light. So clean and uncluttered.

Thanks. Fewer wires really draws sight lines back into the tank.

Spending time on the light has kept my hands out of the tank. Everything is looking happy.

70DFB5B7-69B3-4038-9F69-9CD1A067D0ED.jpg

A012B4CA-DE6E-4606-96E0-87AACB4D25E7.jpg

0ABBD846-D415-4BB5-B0A0-723018852FAE.jpg

I would love to see more details on how you did this mount. My wife has never been extremely happy with the shelf I made for mounting my Kessils.

Did you use the mounts from the towel bar to secure it to the wall or do something more heavy duty?

• Like 1

I would love to see more details on how you did this mount. My wife has never been extremely happy with the shelf I made for mounting my Kessils.

Did you use the mounts from the towel bar to secure it to the wall or do something more heavy duty?

The bar is drilled through a 2x4 joist behind the wall. The joist is enough to keep it secure and in place while also allowing me to move the light in or out if needed.

I drilled the bar and ran the wires through it. The spectral controller and plugs are all hooked up in the utility room behind.

Disclaimer!!! I am in the middle of making an auto water change system back here. Forgive the wires and mess. Plan is to automatically change 1 gallon per day.

"Light bar" comes through on the upper left. (Red tape on the end of the bar with wires coming through) Really simple to do if you have access behind the tank.

EBCAD680-67E2-41F0-80FB-BAEFF96B5512.jpg

• Like 3

Ok if you have that room behind that tank you need a bigger tank :lol: Oh the things you could do with that......

How did you get a unfinished room behind the tank?

• Like 2

Ok if you have that room behind that tank you need a bigger tank :lol: Oh the things you could do with that......

How did you get a unfinished room behind the tank?

Lol. I'll get a bigger tank in a couple years. I could do a pretty massive one with a pretty serious sump. With an 7 month old baby and a 5 bedroom house to furnish... its not happening ANY time soon.

Its the utility room/storage room for the house. My workbench, HVAC, water softener etc... are all back there.

It worked out by chance that the best location for the tank just happened to share a wall with that room.

• Like 1

The Red Sea Reefer XL 525 would look pretty nice there =P

Can't lie. Every time I see yours that's exactly what I think. I really like Red Sea stuff.

EDIT - WAIT. lol that 525 tank is MASSIVE!

• Like 1

Added 9 SPS frags- couple digi's, stags, joe the coral and several others. I'm doing 1.5 gallon daily water changes now. Anxious to see how the SPS respond.

Excuse the iPhone pics. Too lazy to get the DSLR out.

20160103_191324.jpg

20160103_191741.jpg

20160103_192052.jpg

• Like 1