Innovative Marine Aquariums

I started mine out at 100% on the intensity and run about 60% color at max ramp up. I have yet to lose any color knock on wood :lol: I got a small frag in a grow out competition that was losing color and now is turning a nice blue. Only a select few pieces of SPS so hopefully it all goes good.

Sure wish I had all the real estate you do ;)

Are you in that R2R/BC grow out challenge?? Very cool.

How high is your light? Mine is definitely on the high side at ~ 12 inches. With a single Kessil I opted for height to get past some of the shading.

My real estate is filling up quick. This weekend I added a Ultra Gold Torch, Elf Blood Acan, Sunny D's, Gobstoppers and an aqua Favia.

Still have room on my SPS rock that I am trying to keep free for growth... that may be a bad bet at this point!

I have a new Mac Desktop computer on the way. Once I get that I'll get some updated coral shots.

• Like 2

Are you in that R2R/BC grow out challenge?? Very cool.

How high is your light? Mine is definitely on the high side at ~ 12 inches. With a single Kessil I opted for height to get past some of the shading.

My real estate is filling up quick. This weekend I added a Ultra Gold Torch, Elf Blood Acan, Sunny D's, Gobstoppers and an aqua Favia.

Still have room on my SPS rock that I am trying to keep free for growth... that may be a bad bet at this point!

I have a new Mac Desktop computer on the way. Once I get that I'll get some updated coral shots.

No just a local club deal.

Light is only about 8 inches off the top. Light barely spills out the sides.

You have a lot of sand bed there ;)

• Like 1

Fish pics

*All named by my 4 yr old Nephew.

Spiderman (Ruby Red Dragonet)

DSC_1678.jpg

Blowie (Six Line Wrasse) (New Gold Torch in the background)

DSC_1691.jpg

Sharkbait (Clown)

DSC_1693.jpg

• Like 4

New pieces. Pics unedited

Gold Torch (pic does no justice to the color)

DSC_1655.jpg

Elf's Blood Acan

DSC_1674.jpg

Sunny D's

DSC_1695.jpg

Gobstoppers & Stary(somethings)

DSC_1697.jpg

Favia

DSC_1699.jpg

• Like 5

JF and grafted cap are sweet- we have twin grafts now

Looking good! :)

Thanks guys. My graft it tough. Week after I added, it browned our hard. Its made a full recovery.

Couple more pics.

Zoa Island - My Rastas grow like weeds. I probably see 2-3 new heads a week.

DSC_1667.jpg

Setosa

DSC_1694.jpg

• Like 4

Wow man, beautiful!!! This is a top notch update!!

Thanks. I've been long overdue for a decent update. I'm pumped to see what you do with yours.

In not top notch news - BOTH my Ruby Red Dragonet AND Six Line Wrasse went carpet surfing last night. The cover was on too. Its amazing how they can fit through < 1/4 inch gaps.

With the Six Line gone it opens the door to some additional live stock. Six Lines are really cool fish, but can be giant bullys.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about the six line and the dragonet. I lost a dragonet also with the IM top on......my six line is probablt to fat now to fit through the gap :lol: plus it is a model citizen so can not complain......

New pics look good!

• Like 1

i like that chalice

Thanks, I'm pretty sure its a Mummy Eye. Its really growing well and the colors are very vibrant. One of my favs in the tank for sure.

Beautiful!

Thanks!

Sorry to hear about the six line and the dragonet. I lost a dragonet also with the IM top on......my six line is probablt to fat now to fit through the gap :lol: plus it is a model citizen so can not complain......

New pics look good!

I have to get a new top before I add any additional small fish. I've lost several gobys in the last month. Its insane the small gaps they can jump through. It kinda sucks... I have a pistol shrimp with no goby now.

I'd love to add a six line again. I love how active they are and they have great colors. You lucked out with a model citizen. My last one was a bit of a bully - I'm hesitant to add an new one.

• Like 1

I wasn't happy with my SPS growth. After testing several things, I've determined its likely that they aren't getting enough light. My Kessil is turned up to 100% now, but the distance between corals and light is too great.

So I added some rock under the SPS rock to bring it higher. I've already seen better PE.

New scape

A481E0A6-D985-48D6-B6A6-1AB72A792C3B.jpg

Old scape

4B21D9BE-1BEE-45B6-91DA-8649023170CC.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Glad to see your tank is still doing well!

Update from moving the coral closer to the light?

Its been 3 weeks and I am seeing positive things. Colors are MUCH better and I am finally seeing SPS growth. Happy with the change.

You going to the frag swap coming up?

Random update pics.

DSC_1919.jpg

DSC_1917.jpg

DSC_1910.jpg

JoL continues to encrust along. Love this coral

DSC_1920.jpg

• Like 2

Its been 3 weeks and I am seeing positive things. Colors are MUCH better and I am finally seeing SPS growth. Happy with the change.

You going to the frag swap coming up?

I plan on being there! Dont have much room to buy any coral but ill definItely still be there! We will have to meet up!

I bought and set up a dos as well as lowered the intensity of my white led's from 20% to 0% during the mid day cycle (i have 4 39 watt t5's running during midday)

Interested to see how big of a difference dosing 2 part does to my tank. Im hoping i see good things cause i dont have too much growth of anything going on.

Got your eyes on any thing particular for the swap?

• Like 1

I plan on being there! Dont have much room to buy any coral but ill definItely still be there! We will have to meet up!

I bought and set up a dos as well as lowered the intensity of my white led's from 20% to 0% during the mid day cycle (i have 4 39 watt t5's running during midday)

Interested to see how big of a difference dosing 2 part does to my tank. Im hoping i see good things cause i dont have too much growth of anything going on.

Got your eyes on any thing particular for the swap?

Id like to pick up a clam, even though I seen people have bad luck with the clam from the swap. Other than that - anything that stands out!

In other news...

Lets play a game eh? I added a Lettuce Nudibranch the other day. Can anyone spot it in this pic??

DSC_1928.jpg

• Like 2

I also want to try a clam, however i wont buy one thats less than 3 or 4 inches.. i read that anything under 3 has about a 60% chance at survival at best. SWE has some awesome sized clams but $$ so idk.

Also your lettuce nudi is in the filtration area, top corner by the water line ;) Little bugger inst doing much good back there!

• Like 1

I also want to try a clam, however i wont buy one thats less than 3 or 4 inches.. i read that anything under 3 has about a 60% chance at survival at best. SWE has some awesome sized clams but $$ so idk.

Also your lettuce nudi is in the filtration area, top corner by the water line ;) Little bugger inst doing much good back there!

Ha! Well done.

All the local shops that sell clams are pricey. New Wave had some 4+ inches ones on sale for $130 last weekend. Not too bad for that size.

The pre-sales this year have been pretty weak. I havent seen anything of interest pop yet.

• 5 weeks later...