Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Can you point me to where you bought the magnets from? I have taken a look at Oceanbox Designs products. They look pretty good. However they are an American company which means their products will be quite dear by the time I get them into Canada.

19 hours ago, Cintax said:

Can you point me to where you bought the magnets from? I have taken a look at Oceanbox Designs products. They look pretty good. However they are an American company which means their products will be quite dear by the time I get them into Canada.

I believe it was k&j Magnetics. Make sure you get the plastic/ rubber covered ones 

Lost my JoL a few months back to an Alk spike. Loved this coral! Debating whether to replace or not. The LFS has frags for $30

4FE73512-314E-45F7-9ECF-AB2F533C3AA8.jpeg

Couple other random pics I scrolled through..

5B26929C-420B-4EC5-971C-DD92AB8B2987.jpeg

80C08042-3713-48ED-8E4B-EC78AFDE2EA7.jpeg

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, medinar83 said:

Very nice set up and growth!! What kind of mushrooms are those? 

Jawbreakers from Legendary Corals. I got them from a friend about 2 years ago. His are exploding with awesome colors - green, white reds and purples. Mine are spreading like crazy but I haven't had any colors splash in yet. Its the first thing I check when I look at the tank... colors yet?!

4 minutes ago, Travis said:

So when shall I see my frag? :P

When I feel good that my algae is 100% gone! I’m hyper conscious of putting anything nasty in somebody else’s tank 

23 hours ago, uwdanno said:

Jawbreakers from Legendary Corals. I got them from a friend about 2 years ago. His are exploding with awesome colors - green, white reds and purples. Mine are spreading like crazy but I haven't had any colors splash in yet. Its the first thing I check when I look at the tank... colors yet?!

That is so weird! Just imagine if all of those had those crazy colors WOW, I actually just picked up a baby JB made sure it had some red in it.... your still look awesome though 

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, medinar83 said:

That is so weird! Just imagine if all of those had those crazy colors WOW, I actually just picked up a baby JB made sure it had some red in it.... your still look awesome though 

I'm still hoping that they come in. The mother of them all looks amazing!

• Like 1

Danno! Just read your whole thread. Your tank is amazing! I only hope my new IM20 will be as gorgeous as yours. I'm in the twin city area as well! That's crazy! If you ever need to get rid of some frags, I have some space to fill! 

On 2/14/2018 at 3:06 PM, uwdanno said:

More pics

7ED4E3EA-0643-4F6E-88CC-2633453F72A1.jpeg

3DB742E5-AE90-4307-B64E-DB997C25A14B.jpeg

2B85891A-C4D6-40B5-A682-885A92DCD7D1.jpeg

The rasta zoanthids integrating with the Sunny D pallys are freaking awesome!! Did they grow into each other like that?? Or did you graft? Fusion?

On 2/19/2018 at 2:23 PM, dferrari13 said:

The rasta zoanthids integrating with the Sunny D pallys are freaking awesome!! Did they grow into each other like that?? Or did you graft? Fusion?

Thanks. They grew like that. Something hit a sweet spot with them. The Rasta started from a small frag of 5 polyps. I’d bet there are over 125 now. Similar growth for the Sunny D’s. There are Armour of God Zoas in there too that don’t grow nearly as fast. 

• Like 1
On 2/24/2018 at 6:26 AM, uwdanno said:

Thanks. They grew like that. Something hit a sweet spot with them. The Rasta started from a small frag of 5 polyps. I’d bet there are over 125 now. Similar growth for the Sunny D’s. There are Armour of God Zoas in there too that don’t grow nearly as fast. 

Funny that your AoG dont grow that fast, mine completely shut out a small colony of sunny D (around 50 polyps) and are even overtaking the swamp fire zoas as well! I havent tried rasta's or the jawbreakers like you have but they are some on the list for when i get my 125 going.

On 2/15/2018 at 9:45 AM, uwdanno said:

I don't need more orange in my tank, and I don't have room for this, but seeing your colony makes me regret not getting any when they've had baby polyps up at a price I could almost justify lately...

18 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

I was just comparing your latest FTS's to your TOTM feature in 2016, the growth of all the SPS in particular is incredible, many corals remain in the same locations. A pre-pruning comparison:

5CD033C7-6AC6-45C7-9FA9-85923424AE97.thu

ftslarge.jpg

Thanks for posting this Chris. Things really grew fast in there. Weekly water changes with no skimmer kept organics available but never out of control. I'm still loving the tank and hope to continue to keep it thriving. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Felicia said:

Nice growth on that gorgonian too!  That's pretty impressive to get good growth on SPS and a gorgonian in the same system!

Thanks. I've had to frag off 3-4" chunks of the gorg pretty regularly. Its very happy. 

5 hours ago, DaveFason said:

Looking great bud! Any upgrades in the pipeline?

-Dave

Not anything near term. My two girls (8 months & 2.5 yr old) keep me way too busy. I struggle to give this tank attention it needs. A shinny new tank would stress me out. 

For sure when they are older I'll do something bigger. 60-75 gallons would be ideal for me. 5 years down the road, nanobox is gonna be sending duo's into space. 

• Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...