Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Wow congrats on the house! Tank looks great there.

Thanks! My wife and I are really thrilled with it.

I'm still on the hunt for a new stand though. Would love something with a bit more table top space.

You already want a bigger stand, so if you get one that also will fit say a 36" sump underneath and still have room for stuff that also happens to be big enough to put a 4 or 6 foot tank on top in the future... *Shrugs* ;)

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Tank mates are settling in. No additional losses from the move. I did see a small spike in P04, which I was happy about considering I'd been at 0.00 forever.

New stuff:

Started measuring Mg. Only seeing consumption of about 5ppm/day.

MB7 + Coral Snow + Vacuuming the sand bed = no more cyano in the tank for me.

Now feeding 2 drops of Coral Vit a couple times a week.

Soon to add:

Midas Blenny

Clam

Possibly a BTA

I've also got a new stand. A house warming gift from my parents. It'll look great with the tank on it. I'm ordering a pane of glass to rest between the tank and the stand. Once that comes, I'll drain the tank and move it to the new stand.

20151213_210445.jpg

8c453c66-a6ee-40a1-91e9-2ec6be640511.jpg

• Like 2
reefernanoman

Tank moved completed. Went pretty smooth. Only casualty so far is a Aussi Vermiculata - but that has been struggling for a bit.

Biggest lesson learned was I need to vacuum and clean out my rear chambers more often. When I drained the tank, the water was full out nastyness. Pure brown scum. From now on I will be making that a regular part of water changes.

72A6F481-239B-4316-8E44-C72999356B4E.jpg

Looks great! But what about the fireplace? Would that affect your tank temp if you dcide to use it?

Looks great! But what about the fireplace? Would that affect your tank temp if you dcide to use it?

Thanks.

Thats on my mind. In person its further away from the fireplace than it looks in the photo. I'm pretty confident it won't be getting and direct high heat from the tank. With the new stand, it will be blocked even more.

• Like 1

Why are you putting a pane of glass between the tank and the stand?

Great question. Was wondering if somebody was going to ask that!

2 reasons.

Additional weight disbursement.

Protect the wood from drips and my unavoidable water change mess.

I'd put a piece of foam between the tank and that piece of glass..

The bottom of the Fusion is lined with a self leveling, foam type pad. It should displace any isolated pressure points.

The glass is 3/8 thick and should be able to support the tank well.

Cool, didn't know that about the IM tanks.

I didn't either until it started to come off :)

Its very thin and the term "self leveling" is used a bit loosely.

I cant lie... I'm also nervous about the glass remaining intact. Should happen this weekend.

Where is that stand from and what are the dimensions? Been searching all over the internet for a stand that will fit and only found 1 from Petsmart that looks really cheap. I'm not a fan of the IM stand so really want something else. That stand looks nice, do you know the weight limit on it?

• Like 1

Where is that stand from and what are the dimensions? Been searching all over the internet for a stand that will fit and only found 1 from Petsmart that looks really cheap. I'm not a fan of the IM stand so really want something else. That stand looks nice, do you know the weight limit on it?

I looked all over for a couple months to find a nice stand without breaking the bank.

This stand was purchased from a local furniture store. I'll see if I can find the manufacture name any where on it tonight.

I sat on the stand (190 lbs) before buying it and it felt very solid to me. To be safe I will be adding a some support inside the cabinet as well as the 3/8 in thick glass on top.

Finding a good stand is really tough! I feel your pain.

Glad the move went ok!

Got to get yourself one of these buddy:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21SnsrJBhsL._SY300_.jpg

I picked one up on eBay for like $3 shipped from China and it makes cleaning out the sump champers a breeze, would be perfect for the rear champers of an AIO. You should be able to get similar from an auto parts store. They use these things to pump fuel out of Jerry Cans and the like.

• Like 1

Glad the move went ok!

Got to get yourself one of these buddy:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21SnsrJBhsL._SY300_.jpg

I picked one up on eBay for like $3 shipped from China and it makes cleaning out the sump champers a breeze, would be perfect for the rear champers of an AIO. You should be able to get similar from an auto parts store. They use these things to pump fuel out of Jerry Cans and the like.

Thanks man.

Checked that out. Looks ideal for cleaning the chambers. Theres an auto store near by that I'll check to see if they career.

Holy hell those things get nasty.

• Like 1

Glass top for my tank stand came in. 3/8 tempered glass with polished edges. I have to say the glass on glass looks pretty awesome. Super clean and makes some great reflections. I'll post close up pics when I get the DSLR out.

Change of plan on the tank location. I've decided to move it to a location with a shared wall to the utility room behind it. This way I can run all the wires and tubes through the wall and setup a control center in a fish room. Near term plan is to put in a utility tub, plumb the RO/DI and create a system for automated water changes and automated RO/DI reservoir filling. I HATE getting saltwater on my carpet. With this plan I will be able to keep all water changes in the fish room and avoid bringing any buckets over carpet.

I will also be mounting the light to the wall. I don't want to see a gooseneck or any wires for the light- I have a pretty sweet design planned.

Pay no attention to the unpacked boxes! We are still in process of moving in. The scape is a MESS from moving the tank as well. I've got it put back together now but will post pics later.

9B83C0AF-F384-4708-8082-3E99CDB44BE6.jpg

E3601282-254D-4FC2-966A-4713956B7D91.jpg

D546F38B-7E34-46FD-81C4-B9826E006F5A.jpg

26724DC5-FBAD-434C-A474-1B50A8EE03D9.jpg

• Like 1