inTank Media Baskets

A Danish pico

Anden

No updates cus im sad, i lost a T.Maxima to a snail and ppl tell me it cant be the snail but i saw it happening and now i have to move all my nassarius snails out from 5 of my 8 tanks cus all of them May be killer snails. Im so confused.

Unless they are not in fact nassarius snails, which is possible as other whelks are very similar looking, they were simply cleaning up a dead/dying clam. Once a clam is on its way out, all of your snails and crabs will likely start helping you by consuming it. Just the circle of life.

Nice tank, I really like your st. thomas mushrooms. :)

Unfortunately, I've not heard of those snails being dangerous to clams or no one would have clams. Did anything appear to be damaged on the clam? What signs did you have that it was dying? Something had to be going on. Were there not enough nutrients in the tank for it to thrive? What were your water conditions? Did the clam have enough room? I don't remember where you had the clam.

• Like 1

The clam was fine then the snail started to eat it and then it died. As i Said i see it happening so im sure the snail killed it but im not sure what snail it is.

i got it as a nassarius tonga.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking i can remove the big green monster mushroom to make alot of room for some zoa and a acan (ultra red rainbow), do you all think? i should move it or leave it to grow even bigger and cover my favia and my tyree monti plate and the others near it.

Yes i have some room i other tanks, my wife is never mad at me or my tanks but she realy likes the monster but it has on room now and im thinking the favia is a strong lps and can burn the monster if a war starts(then wife gets mad).

What is the method to moving a big mushroom? Plastic card? Blow on it? Or a new trick?

• 4 weeks later...

image.jpg1_zps2mymz4nh.jpg

I moved the big green monster to the clam-rock pico and ordered some new stuff for this tank now that i got som room.

I got one frag of sitting Sun monti and some deepwater zoa's (micro-zoa) il get them home in to days.

• Like 6
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It is now allmost 1,5years old.

I got some hairalge so my pods exploded and my nitrats got to zero, so now i will try to get the tank cleaned.

image.jpg2_zpsjb01hdhz.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsblehqlbf.jpg

image.jpg5_zpsdt4obzze.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsbzso0yf1.jpg

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

The alge is ahead in the battle, so im geting a alge eater to help the snails, good thing is the tank is not boring me anymore.

Coral list Sps/Lps/soft/zoa's. (In 2 gallons)

Apple Barry monti

Flower polyp plate monti

Red plate monti

Green hydnopora

Chrismas favia

Blastomussa red

Chalice green and ?

Porites (hitchhiker)

leptastrea (hitchhiker)

Pociliopora

Hystrix green

Hystrix pink

Green star polyp

Star polyp uknown (hitchhiker)

Goniopora

Pavona "thin"

St.thomas mushroom green

St.thomas mushroom skittles

Mushroom super green

South sea mushroom "a baby" (the monster)

Zoa's (true blue, kedd red, lucky charms, and...........)

Bobble mushroom (indo)

Montipora setosa

So i hope i win the battle.

image.jpg2_zpsf3esf9aq.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • 2 weeks later...

War time in the pico, the hypnopora fell and landed on the favia and a war started and the favia lost big time i tryed to save it by removing the hypnopora to the frag tank but i dont think the favia will make it.

image.jpg1_zpsthpcduxu.jpg

• Like 1

Keep up with feeding and lots water changes, I'm sure the favia will bounce back. I had a monti that I thought was on the way out (stn/stung by octospawn) and it looks awesome now.

monti-recovery_zpsyxtgt1o1.jpg

I've had similar scares with other corals and was able to bring them back. :) There's definitely hope with some TLC!

• Like 1

Thanks for the support and the indputs.

The favia is doing fine and healing just fine, i removed the hypnopora and put in 3 montiporas one red digitata one green digitata and one faded spongegodes.

image.jpg7_zpssztboukq.jpg

And i got the long wanted Copper maul zoa's. image.jpg8_zpsqv06yzl8.jpg

• Like 2