Pod Your Reef

A Danish pico

Anden

• 2 weeks later...
Partially Submerged

If it were really Danish, there would be a sign saying, "Medium coffee: 1 million dollars, pint of craft beer 5 million dollars." ;)

Jokes aside, very pretty tank. How long as it been set up? Judging by the coralline algae, it's been running for a bit.

• Like 1

If it were really Danish, there would be a sign saying, "Medium coffee: 1 million dollars, pint of craft beer 5 million dollars." ;)

Jokes aside, very pretty tank. How long as it been set up? Judging by the coralline algae, it's been running for a bit.

To me 1 million dollars seems like a fair price for a coffee...The beer is quite a bargain, however ;)

Nice amount of life in that tiny space, Anden :) Looks good.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Thx my good ppl.

It was started 01-okt-2014 but i but sexy shrimp in it in jan-2015 and many of my sps was killed so i put in some seriatopora(3 kind) and a small montipora undata tonga and a jedi-mind-trick monti.

I only use small koral or single polyp zoa's so i can see them grow. Like this single polyp sunny d zoa is is 5 polyps after one week.

My pic have to be so small that i cant post any thing on this page so sorry but i give up this is a waste of you time.

post-85494-0-35532400-1431416061_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

It is now 10 months old.

I removed the sunny delights cus it was to invasive i put in 1 but removed 12 polyps to make room for 2 new blastomussa heads.

Thx for the intrest and coments i still have problems on how to post fotos but il try to post more.

post-85494-0-37452200-1439799091_thumb.jpg

post-85494-0-41583600-1439799449_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It is now 10 months old.

I removed the sunny delights cus it was to invasive i put in 1 but removed 12 polyps to make room for 2 new blastomussa heads.

Thx for the intrest and coments i still have problems on how to post fotos but il try to post more.

Nice!

To post full sized photos you have to upload the photo to photobucket and then paste the IMG link here. It has no size limit and does not downsize the picture/reduce the quality :)

• Like 2

The ring i made from 3small familie rings (2 goldrings 14k and one small 18k )

The 3 pico's are all dymax iq3 2,1 gallons (not glass) that have a back filter build in.

So i fraged my st.thomas mushroom to make room for the monster and to get one that i can give to a mate/fellow hobbyest (st.thomas are very hard to come by in Denmark), well i Cut 4 but a tiny bite of the foot was Cut off to and made it to a rock and now i May get 5 st.thomas from one.

image.jpg2_zps2ckrnlbn.jpg

image.jpg1_zps6lecyvtt.jpg

image.jpg5_zpsd1wdqpcx.jpg

image.jpg6_zps8ke52b3g.jpg

• Like 1

I didn't realize you could cut a St. Thomas to make more. I love the mushrooms in your tank and the front is such a wonderful focal point.

• Like 1

Hi and many thanks for the feedback i realy love the site and the members are so nice i hope you can all reed what i try to say but im danish and english not my best and im dyslexic so plz let me know if it gets to hard.

Im new in saltwater but i have allways had tanks just freshwater (bettas guppys and mollys) so i dont "know" if it is normal to frag a st.thomas but in Denmark one st.thomas will cost you 80-360dollers if you can find one in one of the 5 stores we have so i tryed to frag and it worked.

• Like 1

When you cut the St. Thomas, did you have to cut it with the mouth? I have one but it is very small right now. At one time it was an inch big, then it shrunk as it was surrounded by gsp, then it popped off and I put it in a new location and it is only a little bigger than 1/4" so I'm hoping it will grow more and get bigger. I love it. So , yes, you have taught me something I did not know.

And your english is fine, do not apologize for it. There are people who live in this county and your grammar is better!!! The common bond is the love for this hobby.

Thx again for the coments.

Yes i Cut the mouth so all 4 have some but if you want it is ok to just make one Cut and only make one more mushroom.

Red is the Cut.

post-85494-0-53060900-1440918965_thumb.jpg