Coral Vue Hydros

Addinalis Fusion 40

Addinali

my eheim jager 150w crapped out today. So I had to get a new heater I picked up a cobalt 150w neb-therm and I love it so far.

also picked up some more corals and fish will be posting more pictures soon.

Here is some more pictures sorry for the lack of updates will be trying to post more often.

20150510_175622.jpg

20150510_175641.jpg

20150510_175355.jpg

20150510_175350.jpg20150510_175343.jpg

My anemone always hides when the razor goes above 50% power but in the morning and at night he is out all happy I don't know why.

Also sorry the crappy cell phone pics The colors are so much better in person

Looking good! :)

thanks that means a lot I remember you setting up your 150 I lived my dreams of having a big reef tank through you.

• Like 1

thanks that means a lot I remember you setting up your 150 I lived my dreams of having a big reef tank through you.

Ha, thanks. I didn't have the big tank until I was 50, hopefully you can start sooner! Damn expensive though. :mellow:

Ha, thanks. I didn't have the big tank until I was 50, hopefully you can start sooner! Damn expensive though. :mellow:

yea I worked for a lfs for a couple of years the boss put together a 300 gallon display tank. Even at wholesale he still invested a pretty penny into the whole setup.

• Like 1

Well the store I use to work at is doing there customer appreciation sale this Saturday I will be buying some more corals im wanting to stick with softies and lps.

So we will see what I end up getting I will probley some how get another peice of sps.

• Like 1

Well I was putting peroxide on one of my old rocks that had bryopsis on it and my son came running in neededing something. Well.... I left that rock out for 15 mins it had my purple with gold rim montipora on it. It looked ruff this morning kind of scared to see what it looks like when I go home.

HarryPotter

Well I was putting peroxide on one of my old rocks that had bryopsis on it and my son came running in neededing something. Well.... I left that rock out for 15 mins it had my purple with gold rim montipora on it. It looked ruff this morning kind of scared to see what it looks like when I go home.

Mamma Mia I hope its okay!

Got a picture? Im just curious at its PE and/or color given the irritation

I put some amino acid on it this morning. It had no polyp extension this morning and the colors were faded. But when I got home most of the color has returned and the polyps were out pretty good.

• Like 1
reefernanoman

Man I have to get a macro lens for my SL1. At least 100mm right? I was thinking about getting one of those cheap tubed for my current lens and that just might do the trick. It's a 18-55mm stock lens from Cannon.

What do you think?

Your anemone still hiding when the light gets over 50%? Sounds like the light is too intense. You might need to acclimate it.

Well the last two days he did not go in his cave at all he stayed put all day. So I think he is getting acclimated to the light now it took about two weeks. And from what I have studied it usually takes about 2-3 weeks for them to get use to the light. The good thing is he had a good hiding spot during his acclamation.

Man I have to get a macro lens for my SL1. At least 100mm right? I was thinking about getting one of those cheap tubed for my current lens and that just might do the trick. It's a 18-55mm stock lens from Cannon. What do you think?

All I use is the 18-55mm stock canon lens as well.

There is a macro attachment that legendary corals uses.

It cost about $70 amazon prime I have been wanting to get.

• Like 3
reefernanoman

All I use is the 18-55mm stock canon lens as well.

There is a macro attachment that legendary corals uses.

It cost about $70 amazon prime I have been wanting to get.

There are many macro attachments at amazon. Do you have a link? Thanks!

That would be much better than a used $250+ macro lens, and from what I have heard, it is very hard to tell the difference between macro attachments and actual macro lens.

There are many macro attachments at amazon. Do you have a link? Thanks!

That would be much better than a used $250+ macro lens, and from what I have heard, it is very hard to tell the difference between macro attachments and actual macro lens.

I Believe it is this one

http://www.amazon.com/Raynox-DCR-250-Super-Macro-Snap-On/dp/B000A1SZ2Y/ref=pd_sim_421_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1FMR9BQA2N89TAJ9DC83

because it is saved in my favorites.

but I can not find there post I do apologize.

No problem! Thanks. Do you have any recent macros?

I do not have the macro adapter yet I want to get it though. I have just been using my 18-55mm

• Like 1

try white balancing the camera on a frag plug, should help with the color temp. Look at a true macro 1.1 lens like a 105 or 100, or a 90, most have a minimum focus of .3 meters, so you can get close to the tank and get good square shot .