Top Shelf Aquatics

20 long lighting question?

aviator300

Yes. If you look on their website, they have a par diagram for the duo and it shows you about what you should expect at each part of the tank. Just know that in the corners of the tank you'll be limited to softies and zoas but you should be able to grow anything with that light depending on where you put it.

[Edit]

And if you aren't sure, just buy one and send it to me for an indefinite period of time and I'll log the progress on my 20 long.

post-86607-0-84585200-1429386149_thumb.jpg

Give me your address.....LOL. Thanks for the info. My Softies, Torch and Hammer near the ends and anything in the middle right?

Give me your address.....LOL. Thanks for the info. My Softies, Torch and Hammer near the ends and anything in the middle right?

That would be my guess. Of course you can adjust the intensity of the light so that you can add lower light corals towards the middle. Personally I would probably max it out around 50% and stock the sand bed with some zoas, softies, etc. From there, work your way up the rockscape adding higher light corals as you go. As always, slowly acclimate the lights and ramp it up slowly.

thecoralbeauty

I deliberated back and forth between a duo and a different fixture for my 20L. I ended up getting the g3 radion xr 30 pro. very happy with it so far, definitely has good spread for my mixed reef. my dimensions are 30x12x12. I definitely was interested in the Duo though, so please do let us know your results if that is the route you decide to go!

I deliberated back and forth between a duo and a different fixture for my 20L. I ended up getting the g3 radion xr 30 pro. very happy with it so far, definitely has good spread for my mixed reef. my dimensions are 30x12x12. I definitely was interested in the Duo though, so please do let us know your results if that is the route you decide to go!

How high do you have to mount it in order to cover your whole tank? Did you end up getting the TIR lenses? I was under the impression that those could only cover a 24" area but I'm not sure about with the TIR lenses.

thecoralbeauty

I didn't get any fancy lenses, so whatever is on the xr30w model right out of the box is what I have. I mounted using the tank mount radion carries for the fixture- it sits about 8 inches above the surface.

I didn't get any fancy lenses, so whatever is on the xr30w model right out of the box is what I have. I mounted using the tank mount radion carries for the fixture- it sits about 8 inches above the surface.

The original lenses that come on it are 80 degrees I think and the TIR lenses are 120. Any noticeable shadows in the tank? I always worried about those lights having too much of a shadow for such a wide light. Guess I was wrong. haha

I guess it really depends on how much you want to spend. If we think about the price, the XR30W Pro is about $100 more than the Nano Box Quad so that would probably be a better comparison and I would go with the quad over the XR30W Pro.

Would a Duo be enough for a standard 20L tank. 30x12x12

Plenty for this tank. You won't be able to have SPS on the far corners but will be fine with other corals.

-Dave

Archived