ReefCleaners.org

anemonia majano

bugsy

Originally posted by corriewf

What is a anemonia?I know that a majano anemone will sting corals.

anemonia majano is the scientific name

AReeferIsExpensive

i have two beautiful majano's and they both rub on things w/ out any ill effects. The one thats an inch in diameter touches zoos all day and they stay opened....maybe it depends on what kinds, ive seen like 50 different types of majanos~

Well, excuse my ignorance then.I thought it was a common mispell .Anyhow I have been informed by mutiple sources on this board that they spread like crazy and are often compared to aiptasia.However ,I was speaking with ABS last night and he informed me that tulip anemones dont sting so I guess it is possible that majanos dont either.

AReeferIsExpensive

yea prob different types. I heard tulip anemones are a type of misidentified majano anemones..who knows? lol

Well, mine are beautiful and green...they dont spread. The one that ive had since the beg. of february has a sexy shrimp hosting it. I like them so much i actually hand feed them once a week (which is prob why one so big) i wonder how big they get?

EtOH_is_good

my majano stung the zoanthids. majano was removed. hey corriewf, does it hurt more when the spelling police is wrong? :blush:

Well , I wasnt trying to be a jerk cause sometimes there are things I dont know how to spell .I didnt know if the guy was new and was just spelling anemone wrong and I didnt want him looking like an idiot spelling it wrong.Kind of like when your eating some food at work , then get home to find out you had mustard on your face all day and no one said anything......

Learn something new everyday.

hey corriewf, does it hurt more when the spelling police is wrong?

Umm Btw you should have capitalized the h in Hey.Oh and you should have used are wrong instead of is wrong.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!:D :D :D :D :D

Archived