Top Shelf Aquatics

A type of Torch?

harbingerofthefish

harbingerofthefish

Okay so I went against my own advice and picked up a frag that I wasn't totally sure what it was. The polyps look like a torch. Fully extended the largest is about the size of a Nickel. Is this a type of Torch or something else?

harbingerofthefish

Yeah the skeleton is what is throwing me. The polyps look like a torch and everything so...

I got it for $10 at a LFS here out of thier frag tank. They had 3 chunks of it. Of course they guy who actually knows anything there wasn't there when I was.

I asked about some of those same frags, to the one man who knew the corals, and he told me it was a Galexea coral. I come home and researched it and found that it is probably the Galaxea fascicularis. I didn't get it because of the sweepers that it sends out. Good luck with it.

harbingerofthefish

Angel,

yeah I went over there Saturday Afternoon. The guy working didn't know what anything was. I had to manually point out the other frags I got.

Anyway, great, Galaxy, yee haw X)

Not knowing for sure what it was I did put it far away from anything, or at least as far away as I could get it.

Archived