inTank Media Baskets

Nano Box Settings : Share your settings for your BlueFish

CafeReef

when the power gets cut to the led driver box doesn't the moonlight lose its power as well. Or is it pulling power from the bluefish controller.

The fan has its own power supply which is connected to the driver box. Plug this power supply into a timer and only the fan will go off.

when the power gets cut to the led driver box doesn't the moonlight lose its power as well. Or is it pulling power from the bluefish controller.

These guys have the DUO, which has a separate power supply for the fan.

-Dave

These guys have the DUO, which has a separate power supply for the fan.

-Dave

Didn't realize the tides weren't the same way. sorry for confusing people!

• 2 months later...

Quad, 12" over a Fusion 30L

Nausori Fiji, Dynamic Sunrise, Natural Sun

Whites 42%

Blues 57%

Moonlight 0.9% (only for 3 hours after sunset)

These settings produce a whiter light then I've had on other tanks, and I have to say, I'm really diggin it! Makes the tank look clean and bright to my eye. Too bad I haven't figured out how to get my camera to see it! Haha!

Why do you use Fiji?

What app is this JR! ? my bluefish mini looks nothing like this.

Bluefish 2 app. Go to App Store. There's a new version but it's a separate app not an update.

What settings are you guys using for a mini tide over a im fusion10? I have the bluefish controlled model. I'm currently running blues at 67% and whites at 36%. Water params are perfect but getting a little browning.

• Like 1

What settings are you guys using for a mini tide over a im fusion10? I have the bluefish controlled model. I'm currently running blues at 67% and whites at 36%. Water params are perfect but getting a little browning.

Bump the blues up a hair. 75, and midday bump the whites up to 45-50%.

-Dave

Anyone have suggestions for settings for a reefer 250? I want to be able to keep clams near the bottom/sandbed...

If you have the QUAD my friend is running blues ~85% and whites ~45% at midday.

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Bump the blues up a hair. 75, and midday bump the whites up to 45-50%.

-Dave

Hi Dave. How does that change for a 5 channel model? What would be your suggested settings for midday on a IM 10?

Mine is currently at:

Royal Blue: 75

Whites: 50

Violet: 50

Cyan: 50

Moon: 0

A new hammer frag (2 weeks) that I have on the bottom of the tank is opening, but seems puffy (swollen)... Don't know how to read that... If that's a sign of too much or too little light... Thanks.

Here's a pic that shows the hammer (bottom center -- above are leather and frogspawn) at midday.

IMG_2730.jpg

• Like 1

Puffy is good. :)

If those setting look good to your eye stick with them. Yours corals will tell you as well. You could bump for violet up 60-70%.

-Dave

Hi Dave. How does that change for a 5 channel model? What would be your suggested settings for midday on a IM 10?

Mine is currently at:

Violet: 50

A new hammer frag (2 weeks) that I have on the bottom of the tank is opening, but seems puffy (swollen)... Don't know how to read that... If that's a sign of too much or too little light... Thanks.

Here's a pic that shows the hammer (bottom center -- above are leather and frogspawn) at midday.

Puffy is good. :)

If those setting look good to your eye stick with them. Yours corals will tell you as well. You could bump for violet up 60-70%.

-Dave

Just to understand, the 2 channel version vs. 5 channel... Both have the same amount of total wattage or energy..., just that the ones with more channels have it distributed among more channels?

For instance, a 2 channel version set at:

Royal Blue: 75%

Whites: 50%

How would that compare with:

Violet: 60

Just trying to understand.

• Like 1

Just to understand, the 2 channel version vs. 5 channel... Both have the same amount of total wattage or energy..., just that the ones with more channels have it distributed among more channels?

More channels just allows for more fine tuned adjustment. Both options have the same amount of total maximum power and the same leds, but more channels allows for the leds to be split up into groups for better color control. I'm sure Dave will be along to explain more in depthly as I do not remember which leds go together into which channel in the 2 vs 4 channel options.

The difference is the grouping.

Tide :

• Lime, violet and whites
  • Blue, cyan and royal blue

Tide Plus/Plus M :

• Whites/Lime
  • Blue/Cyan
  • Royal Blue
  • Violet
  • Moonlight

What this allows for a better overall color because the better adjustment point. You will also have a better usage of wattage due to the violets being on there own. Being tied with the whites/lime keep them held back as most people only run 30-50% on that channel when mixed.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

I've,done as,much research as I,can so I need some help! What's a good setting, ramp times,and do I use the dynamic sun etc. some of my zoas look tiny and others still look good. Any help, and the tank is 22" deep 36" long and 20" wide.

Oh, and I like a bluer tank. Only Blue at early and late times.

• Like 1

I've,done as,much research as I,can so I need some help! What's a good setting, ramp times,and do I use the dynamic sun etc. some of my zoas look tiny and others still look good. Any help, and the tank is 22" deep 36" long and 20" wide.

Oh, and I like a bluer tank. Only Blue at early and late times.

Shoot me your username and password in an email. I can help you out. :)

-Dave

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I just ordered a Tide mini for my cadlights 4g and wondering what I should make the settings for the aquarium?

Both two channel and 5 channel settings would be great! I'm thinking of upgrading to Tide Plus M

Looking forward to your guy's feedback on 4G tank recommended settings! :)

I just ordered a Tide mini for my cadlights 4g and wondering what I should make the settings for the aquarium?

Both two channel and 5 channel settings would be great! I'm thinking of upgrading to Tide Plus M

Looking forward to your guy's feedback on 4G tank recommended settings! :)

Edward,

Check the How To Bluefish thread. It has tons of info!

-Dave

• 1 year later...