ReefCleaners.org

Nano Box Settings : Share your settings for your BlueFish

CafeReef

The wall timer shuts off the power to the duo. Does it affects the settings and time when it powers on the next day.

The light and controller are on two separate power sources. The wall timer only turns off the light. The controller is always on.

• 2 weeks later...

My small retro only sits about 3-3.5" off my water surface on my 15g which is 16" deep. I only have a few zoa frags in the sand right now any opinions on settings I should run? Right now they are at 40% blues and 30% whites using the natural sun setting on my bluefish. I was going to bump them up some more but the zoas are looking good right now. I plan on having a mixed tank so I know I will need them brighter in the future, should I keep bumping them up slowly?

• 1 month later...

Quad, 12" over a Fusion 30L

Nausori Fiji, Dynamic Sunrise, Natural Sun

Whites 42%

Blues 57%

Moonlight 0.9% (only for 3 hours after sunset)

These settings produce a whiter light then I've had on other tanks, and I have to say, I'm really diggin it! Makes the tank look clean and bright to my eye. Too bad I haven't figured out how to get my camera to see it! Haha!

I like to consider myself tech savvy because I can program and what not but for some reason my night channel wont dim. also I am sure my channels are as follows

Ch1: White

Ch2: Cyan

Ch3-6: nothing

And the dark blue runs all day and night and I can't dim/control them at all (really bright). Anyone have any thoughts as to what I am doing wrong?

I had the same problem with my tide. I moved the plug to the bluefish over one to the right and it worked much better! Not sure if that's the problem your having, there's a thread for the setup

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a nanobox mini tide fixture with a bluefish controller.

I changed my midday and evening light program settings to zero for all 6 channels. However, I'm trying to get them back to the default percentages.

Does anyone know what they are? i can't find this information posted anywhere.

thanks,

I have a nanobox mini tide fixture with a bluefish controller.

I changed my midday and evening light program settings to zero for all 6 channels. However, I'm trying to get them back to the default percentages.

Does anyone know what they are? i can't find this information posted anywhere.

thanks,

There is not a default. What size tank do you have?

I am running my Duo over a 24" deep tank (probably closer to 22"). I have the photoperiod running on a basic revrse bell curve like a lot of other people with my max intensity at 55% blue and 35% white. Seems like it is almost too much light for the few corals that I have in the tank? Do you all think that is a pretty good setting, or should I try going down?

Try 60% CH1, 30% CH2.

10 gallon innovative marine cube tank

Leave it there but run a shorter time period if you think things are looking off.

I am running my Duo over a 24" deep tank (probably closer to 22"). I have the photoperiod running on a basic revrse bell curve like a lot of other people with my max intensity at 55% blue and 35% white. Seems like it is almost too much light for the few corals that I have in the tank? Do you all think that is a pretty good setting, or should I try going down?

Is the fan supposed to turn off when the light is off or does it run 24/7? Mine right now runs 24/7. Is there a setting somewhere to make it not?

I've been told Dave is working on some sort of update to turn them off at night.

• Like 1

Is the fan supposed to turn off when the light is off or does it run 24/7? Mine right now runs 24/7. Is there a setting somewhere to make it not?

It will unless put on a timer. Hope this helps!

It will unless put on a timer. Hope this helps!

X2 This is what I do...

What % is recommended for channel 3 moonlight? I'm using a simulated location and dynamic photo periods. I've only had the light for a week or so, and thought the moonlight had been coming on, but I noticed tonight it didn't.

I got a bluefish mini in the mail today for my Tide... When I was setting it up, I got a message that I need to be sure to set the hardware to 5v?

Also arrow on NB cord goes to arrow on Mini board yes?

Edit: If I wanted to do a tropical setting, could I just pick a location and set it to that and let it go that way? Say Fiji? Or Caribbean somewhere?

What % is recommended for channel 3 moonlight? I'm using a simulated location and dynamic photo periods. I've only had the light for a week or so, and thought the moonlight had been coming on, but I noticed tonight it didn't.

For the moonlight u prob want a max of like 20perxent. Set this as the only channel in ur night settings. If u have lunar enabled it will set u moonlight to a percentage of ur max based on the moon illumination of ur sim location.

For dynamic photoperiod u prob just want dynamic sunrise. It will apply the photoperiod (let's say 12 hours) from u sim location to whatever u night start time is. If u night start is 11pm, ur lights would come on at 11am. If the next day the photo period was 12 hr 5 min in ur sim location the light will come on at 1055 am. But always off at ur night setting. (Unless u enabled dynamic sunset too). The opposite is how it works if u only enable the dynamic sunset. Uses ur morning start time and than applies the photoperiod from sim location. I have to give credit to Jedi for all this info. I haven't used dynamic yet but he thoroughly explained it all to me.

I got a bluefish mini in the mail today for my Tide... When I was setting it up, I got a message that I need to be sure to set the hardware to 5v?

Also arrow on NB cord goes to arrow on Mini board yes?

Edit: If I wanted to do a tropical setting, could I just pick a location and set it to that and let it go that way? Say Fiji? Or Caribbean somewhere?

Using a simulated location only comes into play for clouds, storms, lunar cycle and photoperiod if using dynamic sunrise or sunset. It doesn't have any effect on the maximum levels u set, or the colors used. My post above has some more info on the dynamic sunrise stuff.

U should be able to safely ignore the five volts message. That should all be set. Just make sure pwm is on for the all the channels u have under lighting setup. Should be set that way already if u chose nanobox on the quick start screen.

I believe the arrow on the plug goes into the second pin from the left in the top row.

U don't need to run the fan to run the single moonlight.

when the power gets cut to the led driver box doesn't the moonlight lose its power as well. Or is it pulling power from the bluefish controller.