ReefCleaners.org

NanoBox All In One Retro Install Video and Pricing

DaveFason

NanoBox now offers multiple options for RETRO kits. Ranging from All-In-Ones hoods, ATI Sunpowers and most T5 fixtures . All kits are 95% complete and only require mounting to current fixtures or hoods. 

NanoBox All - In - One Kits :

Small Kit - Fits most small/large AIO hoods

• 1 - NanoBox V3 Array
  • 1 - Heatsink 
  • 1 - NanoBox Driver Board
  • 1 - Bluefish Mini 
  • 1 - 24v Power Supply
  • 1 - Wiring, screws and misc parts

Pricing - 

• $259.95 - Small Retro Plus M - Five channel control

Large Kit - Fits most large AIO hoods and all T5 fixtures

• 2 - NanoBox V3.1 Array
  • 1 - Heatsink 
  • 1 - Fan
  • 1 - NanoBox Driver Board
  • 1 - Bluefish Mini 
  • 1 - 48v Power Supply
  • 1 - Wiring, screw and misc parts

Pricing - 

• $364.95 - Large Retro Plus M - Five channel control

INSTALL VIDEO :

BioCube 32 ( New Version ) 

NanoBox Retro Kit

• Like 5
jedimasterben

Hey Dave. Is there any need to keep in the other two fans? I just pulled the things out.

I would keep them in - otherwise cool air is not going to get into the hood.

There's a vent right over the fan on the light so figured that would be sufficient.

The fans that came with the hood are noisy little buggers too. Might order some quieter one.

There's a vent right over the fan on the light so figured that would be sufficient.

The fans that came with the hood are noisy little buggers too. Might order some quieter one.

You don't need them but it does help. The cooler the better! :)

-Dave

• 1 month later...

Anybody else running a retro over a biocube? I'm curious what settings you're running. We've just got through the intial cycle and dropped a few test frags in there from our other tanks to see how they do before adding the corals we've picked up so far.

Right now I have the white channel maxing out at 50% and blues at 45%. Not sure if that's too much or too little.

We're just going to see how things react, but I'm curious what other people are running.

Thanks!

Spiderguardnano

Anybody else running a retro over a biocube? I'm curious what settings you're running. We've just got through the intial cycle and dropped a few test frags in there from our other tanks to see how they do before adding the corals we've picked up so far.

Right now I have the white channel maxing out at 50% and blues at 45%. Not sure if that's too much or too little.

We're just going to see how things react, but I'm curious what other people are running.

Thanks!

i would do 50 blue

and maybe 15-20 white

thats just me i like it more blue

Thanks!

Watch the corals. Try 60% blue, 40% white.

-Dave

Yeah... we've just dropped a couple of small test frags in there to try dial it in and see how they react. Getting eager to really start adding stuff. :)

• 3 months later...

Hey, Dave. Would it be possible to order the moon option separate for this Retro Kit? I didn't order it originally but now thinking I should have. How much would that be and how much of a pain to install?

Thanks!

• Like 1

I can send you what you need. You will need to drill a hole to mount the moonlight. But that is all

Thanks, Dave. I'll drop you an email when I'm ready to tackle it. What's the price and is drilling the heatsink particularly difficult?

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I am also wondering this.

You can wire this with the current fan on the heatsink. The two red wires will connect to the fans red wire ( + ) and the black wires will connect to the fans black wire ( - ).

-Dave

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't see the pictures!! I got mine but I don't want to install it without pics to go by!

Never mind, I found them! I am wondering, however, if there is any way to keep the led moonlights that came stock. They seem like a good moonlight that it would be a shame to waste!

Why? The new setup has an option for setting the blue channel intensity for moonlighting (you want to set it really low). You have complete control over it now, and you don't need an additional plug and timer.

• Like 1

You can wire this with the current fan on the heatsink. The two red wires will connect to the fans red wire ( + ) and the black wires will connect to the fans black wire ( - ).

-Dave

Next time you do an ATI do a write up like this! :D

• Like 2