Innovative Marine Aquariums

Couple of Algae IDs please

tanked_kiwi

tanked_kiwi

how cold does it get?

Not too cold, has been around 50 to 60f lately, it's the cold driving wind and rain that puts me off. It's alot colder for April than usual.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tanked_kiwi

You get those Antarctic winds beating you, cold and moist, what's the coldest you felt outside?

Yep sure do. Not sure to be honest, around 20 - 25f I guess

Yep sure do. Not sure to be honest, around 20 - 25f I guess

lucky, I have to deal with sub zero temperatures lol and most my winter is total frozen
tanked_kiwi

Really? I couldn't do that I wear shorts and t shirts as long as I can til it gets too cold. I don't really get burnt tho, just darker lol.

I like it nice and toasty lol but it also has been useful as mosquito proofing, and brush scratch proofing also. You don't get the mosquitos so bad over in new Zealand do you?

tanked_kiwi

You sound like my boss, I can never understand how he doesn't cook lol. We do have them but they're not bad, I never get bitten unless I'm fishing or camping somewhere remote, then the sandfly's can be bad.

Lol I don't get that hot in the jackets, at least it doesn't feel too hot, to me anyways. Talking about mosquitoes, in Finland they were so bad on me in the forest I could brush my arms and have litteraly dozens of the monsters flying off, I was going totally mosquito paranoid and ended up feeling a prickly crawling feeling all over my skin because I wanted them dead before biting me. Horseflies were evil also over there, good thing the monsters don't get you under water, I used water to cover my heat signature and avoid mosquito, horseflies seemed more attracted to motion though and did not give a crap if you were wet.

You could probably make a pretty decent horror movie with those horse flies lol, you hit them and they just don't die, its so annoying

Archived