Cultivated Reef

AI Prime Settings Informational Only Please No Discussion

Exodus

22 hours ago, Bhoi said:

I know this reply is old and a long shot, but did AI ever get back to you and provide replacement diffusers? I must embarrassingly admit I did something pretty much identical and burnt through some of my flooring and ended up damaging my diffuser a lot worse haha

15170427068441807173923.jpg

2018-01-29 00.08.10.jpg

I burnt my chair with the light. Powerful light it is?

ReefingRelapse

So glad I'm not the only one lol. I burnt the countertop in my apt. Only had it on there for a few seconds!

Here's my current settings on my  bc32 I kind of just made it up after seeing what others are running, everything looking happy at the moment

20180129_070614.jpg

Screenshot_20180127-201801.png

This guy is extra salty
1 hour ago, Clown79 said:

In my case, the light was on the chair and while setting it up it was turned on for 2 mins before there was smoke.

Desk chair has the Ai hole pattern in it.

Haha I love that it’s like an instant reminder of how powerful that puppy gets3719AB87-52FD-48D3-A484-4895EF53E81B.thumb.jpeg.7a8bdd412f35c41060c8e8b9a2746ae9.jpeg

i have the acclimation dialed down 55% on all

B42DAA60-1F5F-4B5E-94F5-045FF63F3A18.thumb.png.ae0be96bfbdd1d6e688a8ca844fab17c.png

Im still curious what my par is...

This guy is extra salty

15 hours ago, Flexin said:

New settings that I’m using.  SPS are already doing better.  

11566DC5-B8DB-4608-ACF3-1804ED6539D2.png

What are your percentages at the “mid day” light cycle?

i think everyone going forward everyone should do the same, since that is what your percentages are going to be at their highest 

• 2 weeks later...

Here are mine, only had them set up a few days I have 2 about 7 inches above water and 12 inches apart on my 40 Breeder. I have noticed with these settings that I’m seeing fluorescence even though the light is fairly white visually. I don’t have a lot of corals that do this but my blastos look darn good under these settings, showing their ‘normal’ daytime colors with glowing green (and one lavender) centers. I turned up the violet after reading the article mentioned earlier in this thread, I’m pretty sure that’s what made the difference. 

Oops, just realized this isn’t the thread that mentioned the article:

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2012/10/aafeature

its technical but pretty informative. 

808399C3-0A7C-42F4-B085-5C00CB41D24A.jpeg

Mine on a red sea 250. Any suggestions ? My growth hasn't been great but I'm wonfering if that's because my nitrates and po3 are at 0. Does anyone run a blur light all night long at like 1% to mimic the night light ?

Screenshot_2018-01-18-08-38-33.png

On 1/31/2018 at 9:32 PM, This guy is extra salty said:

What are your percentages at the “mid day” light cycle?

i think everyone going forward everyone should do the same, since that is what your percentages are going to be at their highest 

Sorry for the delay.  Here is the link to the file I’m now using.  There are a few tanks and I’m using Karen’s settings.  I have two lights but some of the others have many more.  Great results so far, color is back in my sps, vary happy and the colors have a range so the tank looks different as time progresses.  If your not sure where to start with setting, consider one of these and modify to your preference.

http://www.aquaillumination.com/signature/

6 hours ago, Shoob1e said:

Mine on a red sea 250. Any suggestions ? My growth hasn't been great but I'm wonfering if that's because my nitrates and po3 are at 0. Does anyone run a blur light all night long at like 1% to mimic the night light ?

Screenshot_2018-01-18-08-38-33.png

Consider starting with one of these profiles shoob1e.  I’ve had great results with Karen’s. 

http://www.aquaillumination.com/signature/

• 2 months later...
masterbeat

Hey @Flexin and @Shoob1e (or anyone else that knows!)?

First, thank you so much for pointing out the Signature series of presets saved by AI, and for the recommendation to use Karen's.  I love her settings and applied them as well... tank seems to be responding well.

Here's my question - does anyone know if the AI settings export also saves the lunar mode (on/off and hours) - I am suspecting it doesn't - I haven't noticed that when saving/exporting or loading/importing that the Lunar mode and hours change.  I'm wondering if they left that out and you manually need to do it after importing settings.

One reason I ask is I notice Karen's setting has some lights on the entire 24/7 period, the tank never goes completely dark, and I'm curious if maybe the intention was to setup a lunar mode during the night hours so that those settings would be cut into the lunar % and follow the moon, or did she really intend for there to be light 24/7.

Anyone know if settings import/export also handles what you've got set in Lunar (and weather) for that matter?

Thanks!

Karen's preset doesn't use royal blue either for some reason? I like color pop, anyone know how much royal blue i should add without being too much light? Btw this is over a 28 gallon nanocube.

An update, I know, I know 🙂  

I was using Leon Tan's setting all this time.  SMH  There is a blip in the morning that I really like and the tank has a turquoise glow.  I prefer his light changes, they are more appealing to my eye.  I had to reload the file, once I pulled Karen's then realized it was not what I was using.  After some research, it was Leon Tan's.

In regards to moonlight and storm, not sure if it pulls that as part of the setting.  I have moonlight on just for mood lighting in the late evenings.  I recently turned off storm, just a preference.

And feel free to give me a hard time posting the wrong settings. SMH 🙂  

• 3 weeks later...

I used karens and didn't care for it. 

So dark in the middle of the day it looked like night.

I switched over to David Saxby's which is very popular.

I modified it because I don't like a lot of white, so my whites max out at 12% plus his tank is 700g.

Another thing one must consider when using other people's settings.

If their tank is 200g and yours is 10g, the settings may not be appropriate therefore need adjusting.

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

Just got my AI HD Prime for my 16 gallon biocube... settings are much more complicated than I thought. Downloaded the above mentioned settings. Will give this a try for now. Thanks for posting that link.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hope this isn't too late to reply to this post.  I am very very new to corals and lighting.  I have my AI Prime 16 HD set up; but... I am so confused!  My screen does not look like a lot of the ones I am seeing on here and am wondering if this is due to android vs. iPhone vs. tablet views?  Or am I totally doing something wrong?  Also, I did use the easy set up to begin with as I needed lights on my corals asap and figured something was better than nothing but.  When I get to my dashboard and tap 'schedule', nothing happens... Is there anyone who can maybe help guide me through the process??  Thanks from a true newbie!

i use saxby on my ai prime 16hd over my 13.5gal evo. i just did a 1 month acclimation and let it ramp all the way up and my corals love it. i wouldn't turn the settings down based on tank size. just acclimate properly so you don't fry your corals when you make the switch.