Cultivated Reef

AI Prime Settings Informational Only Please No Discussion

Exodus

Question guys,

I see your are posting pics of the AI prime settings on your computers and thus can download the preset file and load it through your computer. I only know how to access the prime through my iphone . How do you guys get into the prime through your pc and apply the settings through a preset file? Thanks

Login at the AI website. I was able to add my Prime using the serial number. Make sure your iOS app is on and you see your tank Name on your phone with "Cloud" under it. Make sure your computer is on your wifi network. No cables needed. I think the Cloud transfers your settings from phone to PC since I didn't actually follow the directions on the AI support page. Here is the link to login through PC. It is under the Control heading on the AI webpage.

https://my.aquaillumination.com/login.html

Question guys,

I see your are posting pics of the AI prime settings on your computers and thus can download the preset file and load it through your computer. I only know how to access the prime through my iphone . How do you guys get into the prime through your pc and apply the settings through a preset file? Thanks

Graph_zpsteu4bex2.jpg

See the sideways V icon in manycolor's pic (looks like the Valve Steam icon) to the left of Easy Setup. Once you have your PC set up that is the upload/download icon. You can then download other members settings and then upload the file with that icon. Page 2 of the thread has a few you can try. You just need to setup a Dropbox account. https://www.dropbox.com/

• Like 1

Thanks guys very much. Agree with the ios version stinks. Already able to login online and upload the popular preset one . Very blue ! will have to start my corals on acclimation mode for a while before can build up to 100 percent blue. Thanks again

i deleted the iOS AI App. They did an update, my light won't get seen by the app now, and the app was worthless as it is.

If my wifi is turned off for a while my app won't find my light and I have to go through the setup again. I think after the last update I did the same thing. Anyway, I just turn off the light and then turn it back on and follow the instructions in the video on the AquaIllumination support page (http://support.aquaillumination.com/home) under "Prime iOS app Setup" and it finds my reef every time. All my settings are still there. Just takes a minute.

I have found that these settings give my tank a nice blue look but not too blue. I do have a question though. Right now I'm running mine manually but somehow my blue light is on at 5am and I don't think I have anything set up in the auto settings. Running a Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 10 gallon. I'll post a pic of my tank with the current settings that I'd like to use most of the day. Just really looking for on/off and ramp up/down times and settings. Running the unit about 2-3 weeks as of this posting.

Livestock

1. Pair of common clowns
  2. Hammer coral
  3. Torch coral
  4. Monti-cap
  5. A few zoas
  6. Duncan coral
  7. Sea hare
  8. Blood red fire shrimp
  9. Goniopora

post-89733-0-06356900-1447786811_thumb.png

I have found that these settings give my tank a nice blue look but not too blue. I do have a question though. Right now I'm running mine manually but somehow my blue light is on at 5am and I don't think I have anything set up in the auto settings. Running a Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 10 gallon. I'll post a pic of my tank with the current settings that I'd like to use most of the day. Just really looking for on/off and ramp up/down times and settings.

Livestock

1. Pair of common clowns
  2. Hammer coral
  3. Torch coral
  4. Monti-cap
  5. A few zoas
  6. Duncan coral
  7. Sea hare
  8. Blood red fire shrimp
  9. Goniopora

Check your lunar settings. If it is on and the Start & End time doesn't match your manual Start & End settings, the lunar will override the manual. I had my manual set to turn to moonlight at 10, but the lunar was set to 9:30. Couldn't figure out why the light was going from sunset to practically off like that until I checked my lunar settings.

Just started using the light a day ago, thanks to a quick DIY fix because the wrong size ball screw was sent. I did manual setup which took some playing around and time. Though I cannot figure out how to add the ramp times again (directions?). Because of my terrible stock light originally on the tank I'm starting low at 15. More info below:

Tank: Petco 3.7g AIO 6 weeks old
Equipment: AIO [simple pump (upgrading soon), sponge, filter with bio balls]
Powerhead, 4 lb live rock, live sand
AI Prime Led 7" above the tank
Inhabitants: Candy Cane Coral and a Zoa

My corals, especially my Candy are so so happy with this upgrade.

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu227/coolherthanyou/01D9B373-3797-4D82-9A12-0B35319417BD_zpsapyaatf2.jpg~original

I start the light at 6am (hey it's my rise time lol) really low from 3-5s, then 7am-6:50pm they all are at 15. Due to them having a crappy light for a week and a half I thought I'd start them low. I'd love suggestions on numbers that are safe for them both. From 6:51pm-8:59pm they are lowered to 3-5s again mostly violet, blue, and green. I don't know how to share the exact times and levels at this point.

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu227/coolherthanyou/D985A0CD-5DE3-414F-AC2B-62481AFD2F52_zpsymjgjpfd.png~original

Hey OCNcheffy, are you still using that configuration? I see that the file on https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxoszxz0btq0nme/AI%20Setting.aip?dl=0is a bit different from the image you posted. Which one are you currently using?

I've actually updated my settings a bit, with more success as far as SPS growth and zoas is concerned. Here's the new link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxoszxz0btq0nme/AI%20Setting.aip?dl=0

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

How Long Installed: 2 Weeks

Current Settings:

NsG06Fo.png

- Lunar/Weather: Yes/No

Initial Settings: Current settings I have now.

Weekly Ramping: 0%

Height Above Water: 8" above water.

Tank Type:

- Size: Nuvo 16 Gallon

- Brand: Innovative Marine

Additional Comments: Currently running one Prime in the middle with two Par38's on each side. The par38 seem to output more light and my corals are already acclimated to that, hency why I've set the Prime so high right off the start. No corals are in the middle of the tank either.

RJdT2kg.jpg

HI, i see that it has been while since you posted your settings, thank you! Are you still running your lights at these parameters?

We have an AI Prime over my sons 29g Nano and had a recent Algae bloom- we attribute it mostly to the light setting. We will be using your parameters for now and wanted to make sure you haven't made any changes to your settings. :)

Thanks,

HI, i see that it has been while since you posted your settings, thank you! Are you still running your lights at these parameters?

We have an AI Prime over my sons 29g Nano and had a recent Algae bloom- we attribute it mostly to the light setting. We will be using your parameters for now and wanted to make sure you haven't made any changes to your settings. :)

Thanks,

Hey,

I've actually changed my settings since this post due to now having two AI primes. After months of playing and tinkering with settings and seeing what my tank likes, and also noticing algae growth with some settings, I've found this:

Here's my settings that you can import into the MyAI website.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, new to the forum and new owner of a Prime but not new to reefing. I recently made the the switch from a 75 gallon with ATI T5s to a 10 gallon with a Prime. Still messing with the settings on this new light and was wondering if anyone else can post up their dropbox program settings or screen shot of your settings. Currently Im using OCNcheffy's settings (which is really nice by the way).

Hey,

I've actually changed my settings since this post due to now having two AI primes. After months of playing and tinkering with settings and seeing what my tank likes, and also noticing algae growth with some settings, I've found this:

Here's my settings that you can import into the MyAI website.

Thank you very much!! I have just updated the settings..

Hope you have a great 2016!!

Sandy

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all!

Just recently joined the forum and purchased the AI Prime in black after hearing a few people rave about it! Have to say, really impressed by it and the possibilities of tweaking the schedule are endless! i'm also new to the reef world so its a fairly new tank right now, but the corals that are in seem to be doing great under this light and I've kept the settings fairly simple as everyone in the tank seems to be happy! Been reading all your comments about the schedules and intensity and used these as guidelines. Everyone has different tanks and no 2 corals will behave the same way, so I've gone with my personal settings with what seems to work.

How Long Installed: 1 week

Current Settings:

- Colors: UV100, V100, DB100, B100, G40, DR40, CW45

- Times: Sunrise 10:30am, ramp up to the figures above at 12:30pm, sunset at 7.30pm till 9pm. 10.30pm Lunar mode till complete off at 2.30am

- Lunar/Weather Yes/No: Yes/No

Weekly Ramping: None.

Height Above Water: 7-8inches.

Tank Type:

- Size 40x40x40
- Brand AquaOne AquaNano 40

- Downloadable Settings (Optional)

- Photo (Optional)

Additional Comments:

Sorry if the images appear low in quality! Had to descale due to upload limits. As mentioned, a fairly new tank but everything *touch wood* is doing well. Goniopora seems to be loving life but i know these can be tricky to maintain, so i'll keep my eye on him.

post-90398-0-05103500-1453643504_thumb.png

post-90398-0-31447200-1453643996_thumb.jpg

So far I'm liking these lights a lot. Running 2 on a nuvo 20 gallon.

Screenshot_2016-01-27-01-46-16_zpsvzbuuf

Screenshot_2016-01-27-01-51-16_zpsns9qwr

20160125_190524_zpscx7fxs8a.jpg

20160125_184532_zpsbfs2siys.jpg

I will be adding sps this week so I'll keep you updated

I've been running them for 2 months. Started white at 15 and everything else at 30. Been working my way up so far no coral has any adverse effects

• Like 2

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, but not really new to salt water aquarium hobby. I'm sorry for my wiriting since English is not my mother tongue.

I own 16 gallon Dennerle salt water tank (15x15x16 inches). I have it for 2 years and it's doing OK.

Corals:

- Euphillia paradivisa

- Candy cane

- mushrums

- Xenia

- Zoas

- Couple others

Animals:

- 1 Firefish

- 1 Yellow clown goby

- 1 Banded Coral shrimp - i only see it when the light is off :(

- 4 snails

Now i got myself AI Prime LED light. What kind of setup would you recommend?

I'm going crazy right now.

I was trying to set up AI Prime and since the light didn't work yet i've put it on my sofa with leds down.

So i'm setting it up and didn't notice the light turned on. Couple minutes later i pick it up and to my horror i see 4 black burned marks on my sofa.

But biggest problem is that the led side of a Prime now looks like on a photo i provided here. 4 leds don't have milky plastic under them. It looks clear now. Will that be a problem for my light or tank? I'm in such a bad mood right now.

Photo

20160128_205825.jpg

imagur

I'm going crazy right now.

I was trying to set up AI Prime and since the light didn't work yet i've put it on my sofa with leds down.

So i'm setting it up and didn't notice the light turned on. Couple minutes later i pick it up and to my horror i see 4 black burned marks on my sofa.

But biggest problem is that the led side of a Prime now looks like on a photo i provided here. 4 leds don't have milky plastic under them. It looks clear now. Will that be a problem for my light or tank? I'm in such a bad mood right now.

Photo

My guess is the "foggy" part of the lense is suppose to help the light diffuse and blend so you don'g get a disco effect. If you email AI, support will mail you a new diffuse plate free of charge most likely.

• 3 weeks later...

Would anyone care to comment my settings for AI Prime on 16 gallon - 15x15x17 inches tank?

I have weather and lunar effect off, acclimation to 80% (that means i only use 20% of total light power) right now and it's the first day for AI prime over this tank. Corals were used to 36W Dennerle light until now.

I have NO idea how to increase acclimation and if 80% acclimation (which means 20% of full power) is a good start?

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's my newly updated settings! My post before was actually far to strong for some chalice, favia, and zoa families. Almost every single one of my corals are reacting better and have better color with these settings.

Trying out your settings. Slightly tweaked a bit. Day two so im running a 50% acclimation for a week.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an AI Prime over a Biocube 29. I'm just not sure if it's too high or not. It's currently sitting at about 11 inches from the surface of the water. Not sure if I have it too high above the water or not. It's been a little over a week since I've had it and all my corals seem to be doing fine. I've been using OCNcheffy's settings with a few minor alterations. I've set the acclimation at 50% since I picked up some new corals yesterday. List of corals..

Torch

Frogspawn

3x Zoa's

Meteor Shower Cyphastrea

Pulsing Xenia

GSP

War Coral Favia

Duncan

I'll have to edit this post with an updated picture. What has everyone else been doing for light placement? With a 29g Biocube have a lot of people instead been opting for 2 Prime's or 1 Hydra?