inTank Media Baskets

pics of my 25 cont!!!!! i will survive!!!

corey0613

creamsicle (yellow) rics!!! from www.thelogicalreef.com, the other rics are all pissed off today, and werent opening up very well. these are right up against the front glass so the shot looks kind of funny. i love the color on these.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

hey man does your camera have a "P" mode and a macro mode (little flower)?... those pics are kinda blurry... or you could set your resolution closer to 1600 wide by whatever tall before you resize them to post... just trying to help out those colors are great BTW!!! I'm contemplating buying a 20,000k ZM DE...

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...0&pagenumber=15

Your tank got me set on it...!!! thnx Great tank!!!!

my camera has a "p" mode and that is what i always shoot in. im usually in macro mode. the rics will never come out clear, they are just too clse to the glass. i like to manually manipulate the focus, the macro mode its okay but not when you are right up on the glass. i lose alot when i resize them. i just have some crappy sony software, and the pics are much worse when they are this small. all these are without a tripod. thats probably the main problem.

i checked out your thread and i would definatley get more reliable test kits than the ones you have. salifert would be preferrable. also i would go with the 250W setup. the 150W DE's arent that bright in a 20K bulb and usually a 250W setup is just a little more. just my 2 cents!!

hey man there is no such thing as a ugly acro that is a awesome specimen , keep up the good work corey love the pics and hopfully will see you up there on totm

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

yeh the same fixture with a 20kk is only 20 bones more... if you set the shutter speed a lil faster you will be able to get a clear pic of the ric (haha i was a hip-hop supa-sta in a notha life).. seriouslywith a faster shutter speed you could get a good pic without a tripod, but you'll run into problems with exposure if you set it too fast (you probably already know all this right? just try it for the ric for me!!!) that's a nice camera... the rest of the pic you took are great... umm if you wanted some really good software.. get on kazaa of something similar and download PhotoShop 7.0 (not CS)... if you can't get a serial or whatever you need to install it let me know...

Do your lights really make that clown look as red as it is in the picures or did you use a lil saturation?...

Okay, where is the vote for TOTM checkbox?

Great pics as always corey! Love those Xenias, they have grown so much since your old post. I want those exact ones! I will pm you.

I am gonna vote for it as TOTM and Most Expensive Tank of the Month! LOL!

Hey Corey can I borrow a 100 bucks?

The tank looks great, but the pictures are too saturated.

I mean, look at the clown, it's red.

Nice tank anyway corey. I'm not bashing you, so don't get the wrong idea.

-Justin

Okay, my tank has been up for about 40days now. All inhabitants doing well (sebae, condylactus, torch, brain, goniopora), but my Sinnularia Leather is going limp on me? What to do, what to do?

Here is a pic before it was limp & will post limper later. First the LFS said it was a Sinnularia Leather, is it really? Why is it so hard to find info on this one? Why so hard to id? What type of lighting/flow does it need? ANY HELPPPPPP?

http://www.pbase.com/image/31847276.jpg

A few questions for you...

1 - How long have you been in the hobby?

2 - How many credit cards did you use to stock this tank?

3 - Did you purchase or warez photoshop?

Thanks for the info! Nice tank too! :)

kris_willard

Beautiful tank corey! I can't wait to get a house so I can start hacking holes in the wall. I already asked my neighbors if i could cut a hole in the joining wall of the apt so i could feed a bigger sump to my 90 gal but they graciously declined. very inspiring tank.

yeah kris, sounds like a good idea. fortunately the tank was already in the wall when we bought the house. the previous owner had it set up freshwater...............but i had better things in mind!!HAHAHA

i got a small frag of "eagle eye zoos" from a member of this forum today via express mail. i will post a pic once they open up fully. look pretty cool so far.

was in the LFS today and dam near bought one of those 37gal oceanic cubes. those and the 30 gal are sweet, i can just envision the whole reef when i look into those empty suckers!!!!!!!

here is a pic of the eagle eye zoos that i bought from a forum member. shipping was priority mail, and was great (surprise). they look pretty cool. this pic really does no justice.

Archived