Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Aquascaping a nano for optimum 3 sided viewing

sydbarrett

Hi guys, I've made acouple post about a 25g bedside nano I in the planning process for. the plan is to set it up so that it can be view nicely from three sides so the overflow box will be on the "short end" of the tank kind of like in wall tanks. Looking for some ideas/inspirations. anyone do up any nanos with the setup like this with the overflow in the short side?

my showcase fish will be a jawfish that i will encourage to build his burrow in the front sandy area. im thinking acouple LR towers and the a nice pile with a slope covering up the overflow as much as possible.

id like to keep it as open as possible but at the same time giving the fish enough places to hide

just looking for suggestion/inspiration? have you guys seen any nano setup in this manner (not necessarily withe a jawfish but with the overflow in the short side and 3 sided viewing.

post-7578-0-47602100-1427619346_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

post-7578-0-30455600-1437668515_thumb.jpg

post-7578-0-22587800-1437668526_thumb.jpg

post-7578-0-72369900-1437668535_thumb.jpg

getting there, gotta glue the frags to the rock and get rid of the damsel before i can start adding the rest of the fish and coral

Paleoreef103

getting there, gotta glue the frags to the rock and get rid of the damsel before i can start adding the rest of the fish and coral

Neat idea. I'd recommend you go with either SPS OR Non-photosynthetic corals and don't mix the two. It's really hard to keep one type happy in a tank that's set up for the other type. NPS require a lot of spot feeding which will quickly muck up the water quality SPS enjoy while putting an NPS in an SPS tank will quickly starve it.

One thing you should definitely count on is having the structure undermined by your jawfish. They rarely go where you want them and if your rock is not firmly in place on the glass, they'll undermine it and the structure will collapse.

Archived