Pod Your Reef

Slowtwitch Build #2

Slowtwitch

This one's humming along swimmingly. Working on a new setup that's proving to be a much bigger challenge.

Thanks for checking in!

New set up? Whatcha got going? Have you dabbled in any digital dentistry? We are creating an AO4 digital process that is pretty challenging

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:ninja:

It's going to be big. :haha:

New set up? Whatcha got going? Have you dabbled in any digital dentistry? We are creating an AO4 digital process that is pretty challenging

I've seen some stuff on digital impressions. I haven't done it here yet. I'd be interested in hearing what you are working on though.

:ninja:

It's going to be big. :haha:

I've seen some stuff on digital impressions. I haven't done it here yet. I'd be interested in hearing what you are working on though.

Cool -I'll PM you as things progress. Do you ever go to the midwinter meeting in Chicago?

Cool -I'll PM you as things progress. Do you ever go to the midwinter meeting in Chicago?

I have been several times. I hadn't made any plans to go yet this winter, but I may. Depends on if I go to Arizona to see my mom in February.

I have been several times. I hadn't made any plans to go yet this winter, but I may. Depends on if I go to Arizona to see my mom in February.

cool- I am presenting this year for Straumann on our titanium at design

cool- I am presenting this year for Straumann on our titanium at design

We should try to meet up then. I know my wife would be down for a weekend trip to Chicago to shop.

We should try to meet up then. I know my wife would be down for a weekend trip to Chicago to shop.

Sounds good! That's titanium bar design- my auto correct messed that up!

• 3 weeks later...

Saw in Arce's thread you have a Pygmy wrasse- which type- is it in this tank? I am really considering one- they look so unique. Any pics?

He's in my other tank. He's a yellow banded possum wrasse. Awesome little fish. He never stops hunting in the rocks. I need a better camera to get pictures of the fish. Cell phone camera is way too slow.

He's in my other tank. He's a yellow banded possum wrasse. Awesome little fish. He never stops hunting in the rocks. I need a better camera to get pictures of the fish. Cell phone camera is way too slow.

Maybe one of the next times I come out we will have a few minutes to do a quick shoot with the DSLR. I had it in the car last time but you were pretty busy as it was lol

Maybe one of the next times I come out we will have a few minutes to do a quick shoot with the DSLR. I had it in the car last time but you were pretty busy as it was lol

That'd be awesome. I really need to learn to use a big boy camera...lol

So he'll eat up pods for sure then.....what are you feeding him? How big is he? Ya, he's on my list of possibilities - such a unique looking fish!

That'd be awesome. I really need to learn to use a big boy camera...lol

I think your dental practice needs one...........sounds like a write off to me?

So he'll eat up pods for sure then.....what are you feeding him? How big is he? Ya, he's on my list of possibilities - such a unique looking fish!

I think your dental practice needs one...........sounds like a write off to me?

I see him eat brine and small mysis when I feed that, but I don't specifically feed him anything. He really just eats whatever he finds in the rocks. I have lots of pods and he is always fat. He's about 1-1\2" long so pretty small for a 50 gallon but I really like how active he is.

I probably should buy a new camera for the office, but I love my old Kodak. It was one of their dental specific models they made 100 years ago. All the settings are automatic for intraoral shots.

• 1 month later...

Updates, we need updates!

20151223_154432_zpsg2wyyd4v.jpg

Begging for food.

Not much going on here until the big tank goes in. Then I will rescape things a bit and post more photos of what's going on here. This will eventually be a softies only tank. Going to be all leathers and zoas and such.

20151223_154432_zpsg2wyyd4v.jpg

Begging for food.

Not much going on here until the big tank goes in. Then I will rescape things a bit and post more photos of what's going on here. This will eventually be a softies only tank. Going to be all leathers and zoas and such.

Excellent, I'll take it! That black clown is sweet- which one is the female?

I was hoping it would be the black one, but I think the orange is becoming the female. This tank is in my office next to my desk. My staff named them Neiman and Marcus. I wanted Bertha and Stanley

Excellent, I'll take it! That black clown is sweet- which one is the female?

I was hoping it would be the black one, but I think the orange is becoming the female. This tank is in my office next to my desk. My staff named them Neiman and Marcus. I wanted Bertha and Stanley

Nice, so you can take break from dentistry and enjoy a little reefing ?
  • 3 weeks later...

So after the better part of a year with this tank, I decided to change out the lights. I wasn't liking the color I was getting from the T-5's and switched to leds. The new light went up two weeks ago. Color is improving across the board. Changing the intensity of the lights of course caused my last remaining BTA to decide to move again. Luckily he actually chose a better spot near dead center in the front of the tank. Better because this is the area that my clowns have always hung out and today for the first time I have seen the female lying in the nem and acting like they might finally start to use it as a home! :)

Photon 24. Had a 4x 36 T5 fixture on it. wasn't enough power IMO. Looked into adding leds to the t5's but for the price I was able to get a really nice used led fixture with better programming options.

That's great! What light did you get? Any new pictures yet?

Tank is still a disaster with all the frags everywhere until I get the big tank set up. We had a delay in getting the construction started so things are backed up a bit. The new tank is ready to be set, just need the carpenters in here to do their thing. Hopefully only a couple of more weeks then I can get things situated and clean up/reorganize and make things look presentable again. All of the frags you sent are doing fine. No casualties so far.

Sounds like things are progressing! And I'm glad the frags are doing OK. I was a little worried after the way they went through shipping :)

• 2 months later...

This tank never seems to get any love, so I decided to take a few pics today.

These clowns are holy terrors when it comes to defending this anemone. He used to be rainbow colors but now since they never stop molesting him his only purple

LEnXa12.jpg?1

FQRnO5E.jpg

23FhFEJ.jpg?1

Leather is a little pissy in this one. It's getting ready to shed again.

7IVKB2s.jpg?1

Archived