inTank Media Baskets

Ant's Retired 7g Shallow- Thread Moved

antsypants

Honestly,no. I have a hitchhiking Stomella,and that's it lol. I feed quite a bit though,Dr.G's SPS and LPS max 2-3 times a week,water changes once a week of a half gallon ( out of 2 gallon tank volume). I do run a Gnome Skimmer and run a large amount of GAC and a half tablespoon of GFO,which needs to be changed its like 2 months old lol.

I absolutely agree,a trace of everything is good. It's funny people always think to have SPS you need pristine. Everyone is different though,each tank is different. Mariculture SPS,from what I've learned,are less tolerable of unstable conditions.While Aquaculture pieces can tolerate unstable conditions. But yet I've had frags of Mari pieces and they did fine.

Such awesome little fish,really all gobies are though. My favorite are Neon Gobies or the Sharknose Goby. I want a pair or quad pair of Neon's for my 7 gallon. I will finish my rant though lol.

Oh, well you're still feeding and exporting lol. I just believe getting a fish will help since it would require me to feed more often. I try to keep feedings to a bare minimum to stay on top of my nutrient levels but that also means less food in the water column. But who knows haha tank is still fairly young. The garf is aquacultured so I'm not too worried about it.

And yeah, I've seen sharknose for under $15 at Petco but I didn't want to chance it. I think I'll keep my eye out for a greenbanded or masked pair. Not too expensive and I've actually seen them at LFS before :pp

Oh and ranting is good! It's always interesting to read a persons first hand experience and exchange knowledge/ideas

So let me start off with a huge shoutout to phobos2deimos for hooking me up with what might possibly be one of the greatest macro frag packs I've ever seen :lol: He included some of my favorites and some I don't even recognize so it's gonna be a waiting game to see how they all grow out. From what I can recognize, I got a couple clumps of blue ochtodes and cladophora, handfuls of g. hayi, some feathery caulerpa, I think paspaloides and sertulariodes, some codium and some strands of c. prolifera.

Ochtodes with some kind of red branching macro that I can't identify. It's a little stiff and rubbery.

IMG_4193_zpsabtdtevy.jpg

Halimeda and botryocladia which I had beforehand, a beautiful green macro with serrated edges that I don't know the name of, and some c. sertulariodes.

IMG_4196_zpssmkuv2ty.jpg

Codium, hayi, and unknown red feather macro surrounding my garf frag, which is still decidedly brown <_< ...but starting to encrust! That's a good sign right?

IMG_4194_zpse3cwj8lu.jpg

Right side of the tank

IMG_4199_zps4ihex3ya.jpg

Left side; sorry it's so tilted :P

IMG_4200_zpsmenakrxm.jpg

FTS. It's difficult to capture the depth of the tank from the front and the black false wall makes it hard to see the macros that are placed against it, but yeah. Still a lot of macros.

IMG_4206_zpsi8ukxf8t.jpg

Well, I'm pretty sure I missed a couple of the macros but I think I got most of them. There was also a red macro that grew in a flat disk I couldn't get a pic of since it was in the back. I didn't know where else to put it! But anyways, thanks to all the macros, the tank is really starting to look filled out. Some zoas, some rock nems, a few more macros (mermaids cup and some more halimeda) and a pair of gobies are all that's left on the shopping list :)

• Like 10
  • 4 weeks later...

Yoo wassup. Went home this weekend for an eye exam, realized reef-a-palooza was going on so I stopped by, picked up a few frags, met the guys from Tanked, no big deal :) Didn't really have time to take the best pictures since I had to leave to go back soon after a water change so it's a bit messy, apologies <_<

Snail eggs :) dunno what kind though. I have ceriths, nerites, and one mini conch. The nerites have been kind of stuck to each other for awhile now so it might have been them, but they also don't seem to move from that spot and these little packets are showing up all over the tank, even on my macros!

IMG_4221_zpsyxcyj1aw.jpg

Frags I got from RAP. All zoas, 1p Mandarin Orange, 2p Fruit Loops, 1p Red Hornet, 1p Lazer Lemon. Also picked up 1p Goblin's Fire from Amazing Aquariums after... guess I needed to buy more :P

IMG_4220_zpsdgpre82r.jpg

Unfortunately two of the frags look like they've got zoa pox (the mandarin and fruit loops) so I've left my dad with some furan 2 dip instructions. I won't be able to post pics from the camera but I'll try to get some sent to me once they've opened up a bit more.

GARF starting to encrust! Still decidedly brown though <_<

IMG_4230_zpsf9yr3vji.jpg

Blondie polyp I picked up awhile ago but never got around to photographing. I've seen ones with really bright orange skirts and blue rings though, any tips on getting it to color up like that?

IMG_4231_zpserrxhfb6.jpg

Top down

IMG_4229_zpsdmntczcu.jpg

Just a few FTS from different angles since I didn't take any other pics

IMG_4222_zpsjoxxupwr.jpg

IMG_4226_zpsnyeszbm7.jpg

IMG_4227_zps2o3dhniu.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• Like 2

Parents sent some pics of the zoas I got at RAP! :happy: Wish I could see 'em in person but this'll do for now hehe

Lazer Lemons

12166910_10201003814294526_1398494304_n_

Fruit Loops

12167989_10201003814134522_393184179_n_z

Red Hornet

12166162_10201003814334527_351810231_n_z

Goblin's Fire

12165899_10201003814174523_1925613932_n_

Mandarin Orange! :) Glad I got one at the price I did after looking around online for some..

12168054_10201003845015294_884330728_n_z

Bonus shot of the garf's :)

12165979_10201003814254525_603679499_n_z

• 1 month later...

Yoo wassup. Went home this weekend for an eye exam, realized reef-a-palooza was going on so I stopped by, picked up a few frags, met the guys from Tanked, no big deal :) Didn't really have time to take the best pictures since I had to leave to go back soon after a water change so it's a bit messy, apologies <_<

Snail eggs :) dunno what kind though. I have ceriths, nerites, and one mini conch. The nerites have been kind of stuck to each other for awhile now so it might have been them, but they also don't seem to move from that spot and these little packets are showing up all over the tank, even on my macros!

IMG_4221_zpsyxcyj1aw.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Looking good! Those are nano conch eggs my friend. Probably wants more friends for the bigger tank :)

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Phew, been awhile since I've updated, and I've been adding quite a number of frags since then :wacko: Therefore, plenty of pics :lol:

To get the bad news out of the way..

IMG_4854_zpss3eb3bje.jpg

The red and green RFA have decided to cuddle towards the top of my rock structure where the green one got burnt by the hammer's sweepers.. You can see the tentacles are missing from one side. I tried to move the hammer around but there wasn't really anywhere else to put it, so hopefully the green nem either regenerates or moves :closedeyes:

Anyways, pic of the resident bully lol

IMG_4855_zps8qm3er9b.jpg

Porcelain crab has decided to switch from the red to the purple RFA which has wisely decided to chill in the back corner of my tank away from the hammer and out of sight :closedeyes:

IMG_4860_zps2vxrontb.jpg

Ric garden in full bloom though!

IMG_4858_zpsdlmeputv.jpg

Aaaaand a ton of zoas courtesy of Legendary Corals :blink:

IMG_4825_zpstdjlek24.jpg

I think I bought 4 from the live sale and the rest were from the zoa pack I won off the lottery! I've mounted some but don't have room for the rest so I had to build a makeshift frag rack to hold everything.

Here be what's chilling on the frag rack :)

IMG_4859_zpsedn0ogyl.jpg

Garf, Lazer Lemons, Red Hornets, Sunrise Sakura

IMG_4851_zpsfirr0fql.jpg

Couple zoas, Watermelons from a local reefer and Mardi Gras from LC

IMG_4856_zpswwh9nt2h.jpg

Blondies and King Midas

IMG_4853_zpsn5mbch1t.jpg

LC Rainbow Hornet, Goblin Fire, and LC Peachy Blues :)

IMG_4848_zpswcmfm8ao.jpg

Let's see.. haha Superman shroom, Pinwheel zoas, Blue Hornet, LC Boku no Pico, and Scrambled Egg

IMG_4850_zpsar4nutmy.jpg

Topdown

IMG_4862_zpszm6s1qig.jpg

FTS

IMG_4866_zpsqeqcnugp.jpg

There's also a Hector's goby in here, I got him from a local reefer who said it was eating frozen. I've been trying to get it to eat frozen but it doesn't seem too interested. It's always sifting sand though so hopefully it's getting food and it has also been expelling waste so I'm taking that as a good sign. It's stomach is slightly concave though but I don't think it's alarmingly so. Likely pick up some pods soon. Couldn't get any pics of him today but I'll try again tomorrow.

Anyways, thanks for looking!

• Like 4

Got some pics of the Hector's today,

IMG_4883_zpssiisubph.jpg

A bit blurry but oh well :)

IMG_4879_zpsbkl2cg4o.jpg

Anybody with experience with these guys know if this amount of concavity in the stomach is normal? I've looked through images of other Hector's and most of them all have a bit of sunkeness to them.

IMG_4876_zps2i9vduqs.jpg

• Like 3

Okay, and did you target feed it? Cuz this one just swims away when I'm poking with the tank... Haha

i use a feeding ring and when the start to sink he we kinda hunt them down. lol

• Like 1

Looking good, Antsy!!!! Welcome home. I had an RFA that lost its tentacles on one side and they all grew back. Took a couple months, but he's going strong now! That purple RFA is beautiful. Haven't seen one like that before :wub:

• Like 1

i use a feeding ring and when the start to sink he we kinda hunt them down. lol

Cool! I'll definitely try that.

Looking good, Antsy!!!! Welcome home. I had an RFA that lost its tentacles on one side and they all grew back. Took a couple months, but he's going strong now! That purple RFA is beautiful. Haven't seen one like that before :wub:

Thanks! And that's good to hear :) The green one is always getting into trouble <_<

Purple RFA has really colored up lately. Just wish it would move out of the back corner of the tank haha. BTW, macros are looking well, I'll trim them soon and send you a pic so you can let me know if you want different pieces and whatnot :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Cool! I'll definitely try that.

Thanks! And that's good to hear :) The green one is always getting into trouble <_<

Purple RFA has really colored up lately. Just wish it would move out of the back corner of the tank haha. BTW, macros are looking well, I'll trim them soon and send you a pic so you can let me know if you want different pieces and whatnot :rolleyes:

you're awesome! I'll have to take a picture of my DIY macro organizer I have in my fuge :lol: It's kind of funny actually.

you're awesome! I'll have to take a picture of my DIY macro organizer I have in my fuge :lol: It's kind of funny actually.

You must, that sounds awesome. I don't even know what to expect :D betting it involves egg crate though!

In other news, I did a thing :ninja:

IMG_4885_zpsiow9r3n0.jpg

Meet Centi and Milli :lol: named after the units of measurement I'll have to use if I want to know how big they are! Centi is way bigger than Milli which wouldn't be the case of the LFS employee hadn't somehow lost the other small masked goby <_< So now I have a mismatched pair of fish, which realistically, is fine, since they'll all grow to be the same max size anyway. Just that the two small gobies were so cute together :( Anyways, I hope they do well. they've been on my to-do list for awhile now and this is only the second time I've seen them local, the first being awhile ago before this tank was even up!

Milli still chillin

IMG_4892_zpsglxarm4k.jpg

Centi also chillin

IMG_4893_zpsn9sjmmeo.jpg

• Like 1

You must, that sounds awesome. I don't even know what to expect :D betting it involves egg crate though!

In other news, I did a thing :ninja:

IMG_4885_zpsiow9r3n0.jpg

Meet Centi and Milli :lol: named after the units of measurement I'll have to use if I want to know how big they are! Centi is way bigger than Milli which wouldn't be the case of the LFS employee hadn't somehow lost the other small masked goby <_< So now I have a mismatched pair of fish, which realistically, is fine, since they'll all grow to be the same max size anyway. Just that the two small gobies were so cute together :( Anyways, I hope they do well. they've been on my to-do list for awhile now and this is only the second time I've seen them local, the first being awhile ago before this tank was even up!

Milli still chillin

IMG_4892_zpsglxarm4k.jpg

Centi also chillin

IMG_4893_zpsn9sjmmeo.jpg

NICE! those will be awesome in there! They're cool looking gobies.

Yup. egg crate and zip ties :lol:

NICE! those will be awesome in there! They're cool looking gobies.

Yup. egg crate and zip ties :lol:

Love their little masks :wub: Now to find some Pederson shrimp and I'm all done with stocking critters that are not nems/coral/macros :lol:

And haha knew it ;) still want to see it though!

edit: Ooh got my emoticons all lined up!

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Yikes, it's been awhile D: Been meaning to update this week but haven't had the chance until today. Therefore, lots of photos :)

Lost the hectors and the bigger masked goby while I was at school, so I don't really know what happened. I don't think I'd try a hectors again for awhile; couldn't get him to eat and I'm thinking that was the reason. As for the masked, I'm not sure, seemed healthy to me and a lot bigger than the remaining one. Maybe it was senescence? On the bright side, since he's now the only fish in the tank, the smaller masked goby has been out a lot more often, which means lots more pics of him!

Through the duncan

IMG_5937_zpsbihgn46q.jpg

With the rics

IMG_5940_zpshmld8e82.jpg

:)

IMG_5939_zps6qsijc4q.jpg

Also picked up a few columbellid snails from a local reefer

IMG_5933_zpshb3s6ffu.jpg

Someone's due for a molt..

IMG_5931_zpsiwotmrsl.jpg

RFAs finally getting along! Wonder how long this'll last before one of them decides to move again

IMG_5928_zpswp6w2hpd.jpg

Euphyyy

IMG_5929_zpsr9ac0e4b.jpg

Also if you haven't noticed, I've been amassing a small zoa collection :lol: I've just been buying small singly polyps here and there but I'm quickly running out of room <_<

Bambams, dragon eye, mini red hornet colony from a singly polyp, lazer lemons, encrusting garfs (still can't get it to purple up, or grow vertically)

IMG_5924_zpsbemsyr2r.jpg

Saiyans (?) and baby blue ric

IMG_5921_zpskgcqoczk.jpg

The kingsss

IMG_5925_zpspj9pbb6g.jpg

Mandarins and more lazerz

IMG_5927_zpsfbegls9h.jpg

Rainbow hornets and peachy blues from LC

IMG_5919_zpstxcxv4bl.jpg

Close up of the peachy blues

IMG_5918_zpsqisugtah.jpg

Some more zoas haha

IMG_5930_zpsbk1ofjw7.jpg

Frag rack

IMG_5920_zps3yy19kec.jpg

Aaaaand FTS!

IMG_5902_zpsos8t75ct.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
antsypants

Just a quick FTS from today, a little slanted but it was the only picture I could get that showed the tank's true colors :)

IMG_6691_zpszfvushkk.jpg

Not too much to talk about, just been some zoa growth. I did find a baby nano conch the other day, which I'm pretty excited about, but so far I've only seen one.