Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

"LSOS" ? Cruise Control

Rural

The mushroom or the pic? LOL

Gorgeous tank and pics ... I want that mushroom!

pm me some details and when i get a frag ill send one your way...

The mushroom or the pic? LOL

ha! more so the shroom. although in the right frame, the picture would be stunning! especially without context, kinda trippy.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

new nighttime vid while reef chili is working and some amino acids...

like in my other post, is this too many bristleworms? should i remove them periodically for nutrient export? can you sell these? if so, i could be big time balling with this aquaculture! haha

24509746122_130253729d_b.jpg

24535778751_36f7e9728b_b.jpg

24322460090_9d079c4a7f_b.jpg

You'll be ok as long as their scavenging out excess food-but they can bother corals.

thats what i was afraid of...

now next question. how do i go about fragging this to expose the montipora in the back more? it sucks though cause this piece is growing out nicely! and if i frag it would have to be intank fragging so what can i do to help prevent failure/disease?

24270516849_6f7a493280_b.jpg

sorry the tanks feeling a little blue right now!

Beautiful tank!

thanks pieman, its been a while. i had almost lost faith in "looking like the other guys (or gals... kat)" until is saw sk8n reefer do it!

That's a sick color on that coral. Nice purchase.

it was a neat experience. the lfs was unloading 10 large shipments from the vendor they just got back from with over $10k in coral. and me and other local reefers were there to pillage the goods... bought this one in mid air from shipping box to display rack. overall a good gamble that paid off!

now if i could just get my hands on your stuff...uuhh coral. i was one of the almost red bug victims, thankfully he is a very respectable guy and we worked it all out.

Missed your fragging session- is the monti loving getting all the xtra light? That was a pretty big piece to break off

it's ok sk8n, it wasnt a long lived session, as you can tell way more broke off than expected. a chisel would have helped but had issues intank hammering... so just grabbed and torqued. got a break much bigger than expected.

but the other monti is loving the light and it opened up a place for a new stick and i removed those rastas. ill have to get pics of the placement of those dipped frags in the above posts.

it's ok sk8n, it wasnt a long lived session, as you can tell way more broke off than expected. a chisel would have helped but had issues intank hammering... so just grabbed and torqued. got a break much bigger than expected.

but the other monti is loving the light and it opened up a place for a new stick and i removed those rastas. ill have to get pics of the placement of those dipped frags in the above posts.

? ya I've fragged like that few times- it's a little unnerving and it always takes a bigger piece than expected....whatcha gonna do with the big piece? Trade in to lfs for that new stick?

ya I've fragged like that few times- it's a little unnerving and it always takes a bigger piece than expected....whatcha gonna do with the big piece? Trade in to lfs for that new stick?

ha, i wish. just holding it for now and may sell/trade soon!

now i did get those sticks! best part was dealing with the local reefer tommy, sold asd rainbow milli and a green one and a blue-ish one for a STEAL. and the asd rainbow is like 3 inches! i'll have to get the names of the others. Milli is so cool with the movement and polyp extension!

also i am giving the coral lab ecotech SPS ab+ a try for my lights. it is actually what i was looking for, a pretty decent head to head comparison (not of led to led, but of led to MH and such) where they grew them in the same tanks but different ends lit different ways.

it really surprised me how little par they were using on those tanks to get "the best color and growth".

Thanks for the link that's some good reading

if only i could duplicate the set up:

i could do this part easy-

Target Kh 8.5-9 ppm Ca 400-420 ppm Mg 1350 ppm right now mine runs 5.8/520/1500, so def needs some slow and steady retuning...

but the livestock list i am sure helps out as well!

Wrasses: Leopard Wrasse (4) (Macropharyngodon meleagris) Red Coris Wrasse (4) (Coris gaimard) Bluestreak Cleaner Wrasse (4) (Labroides dimidiatus) Six Line Wrasse (4) (Pseudocheilinus hexataenia Tangs: Sailfin Tang (4) (Zebrasoma velifer) Scopas Tang (3) (Zebrasoma scopas) Two Spot Bristletooth Tang (4) (Ctenochaetus binotatus) Bristletooth Tomini Tang (2) (Ctenochaetus tominiensis) Naso Tang (4) Other: Ocellaris Clownfish, Captive-Bred (100) (Amphiprion ocellaris) Dragonface Pipefish (8) (Corythoichthys sp.) Masked Swallowtail Angelfish (4) (Genicanthus semifasciatus) Inverts: Peppermint Shrimp (200-400) Margarita Snail (400-600) Turbosnail (400-600) red banded trochus snail(400-600) Spiny Star Astraea (800) Emerald Crab (800)) Harlequin Sea Star (8) Indian Sea Star (Fromia indica) (20) Pincushion Urchin (12) Longspine Urchin, Blue Spot (12)

be kinda hard to fit that into a nano!

sounds like a good deal on the sps get some pics up when u get a chance

new additions!

ill get better pics eventually, working hectic nights this month.

ASD Rainbow

24699819729_5f6f3de018_b.jpg

bad quick snap of the "?blue milli?"

24424599374_6f4933e1b0_b.jpg

sunset milli with miami chalice in background

24771907500_ca9f69b870.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice coral. You haven't posted a FTS for awhile, I would love to see one since you have added coral?

soon enough, i will for sure.

great additions !!

while cutting off the frag plug is got a "booger frag" of like 3 polyps, so i decided to place it as well and see what/if/how long it takes something to happen. you can see it on that first picture. i decided to test this out and see growth rate vs healthy stick. that way i can talk myself out of sub $100 booger frags of that super high end stuff they sell per polyp...

i will say, i think i only need like 2-5 more corals and i'll be set for a while.

- more milli

- JF jackolantern

- JF Halo monti

- maybe some of those smooth montis, like appleberry?

Very nice coral. You haven't posted a FTS for awhile, I would love to see one since you have added coral?

ok ok, one month of nights later, with much neglect, and a dirty tank, here you go!

24881625513_631599e6bc_b.jpg

25390114202_8e8a62b241_b.jpg

great additions !!

and growing!

25508676615_ca5e27fc76.jpg

and sk8n that little "booger" is encrusting better than the stick???

ill get real pics soon. stay posted, likely this weekend.

Archived