Coral Vue Hydros

m@tt's ADA collection

m@tt

scape is cool as ####

Thanks, there will also be a third rock in the front right which I'm taking from the tank that this is replacing.

WOW what do you do for a living???? Love the tanks the planted ones are very cool. I always wanted to try a planted tank but the reef hobby is plenty for the time being.

WOW what do you do for a living???? Love the tanks the planted ones are very cool. I always wanted to try a planted tank but the reef hobby is plenty for the time being.

eh, I'll always have a tank or two so I don't mind spending a little more for equipment/livestock.

• Like 1

I also have a small ecotech collection as well. The reeflink works perfect with 4 tanks.

NK1KnNs.png

Beautiful! Can i have your ada? HAHA

I should get rid of it but I tend to keep everything. I also have a full ADA 60p setup thats sitting empty.

• Like 4

Added the last rock from the 60f and took it down.

There's currently:

2 ORA Platinum clowns

2 Blotched Anthias

1 White Tail Bristletooth Tang

1 High fin goby with snapping shrimp

K6le9aZ.jpg

Xf3RcWX.jpg

2Wp2BXa.jpg

cFuTtMk.jpg

• Like 6

Beautiful! Is that an apex auto-feeder on the back wall?

Yes, I made a shelf for it instead of mounting it on the tank so there wasn't any gaps with the screen top.

HarryPotter

Yes, I made a shelf for it instead of mounting it on the tank so there wasn't any gaps with the screen top.

Its so high up! The food gets through the screen easily? Pellets or flakes?

Its so high up! The food gets through the screen easily? Pellets or flakes?

I'm using pellets which falls right through. I read some reviews which said humidity killed theirs so the farther away from the water the better.

Also, it's really loud if you're thinking of getting one.

HarryPotter

I'm using pellets which falls right through. I read some reviews which said humidity killed theirs so the farther away from the water the better.

Also, it's really loud if you're thinking of getting one.

I don't have an Apex at this point, but thanks for the info. I love apex- just with my current setup (ReefLink, redundant temperature controller) its just not necessary

Spiderguardnano

Hey Matt care to share how you did your transfer to the new tank going to be doing a tank transfer next week and yours seem to go really smooth

Hey Matt care to share how you did your transfer to the new tank going to be doing a tank transfer next week and yours seem to go really smooth

I've upgraded twice now, the first time was going from a 60p(18gallons) to a 60H(32gallons) and the second I went from a 60f(8gallons) to a 70gallon. On both of these upgrades I used new sand.

With the 60p upgrade I transfered all of the rock over and added additional brs dry rock(didn't even bother to rinse it). I used most of the old saltwater and filled the rest up with fresh saltwater and then immediately added the fish to the new tank. All of the fish and coral were fine.

With the 70gallon upgrade I setup the tank like a new tank with new sand and brs dry rock(still never rinsed the rock) and put in a piece of live rock from the lfs to seed it.I probably waited 2 weeks before adding some fish and then once I had my lights ready, I transfered everything from the 60f. The fish and coral were fine on this transfer as well.

Spiderguardnano

Some of my current rock has hair algae should I just start new for my new tank or put it in the new tank

Also sorry what sand did you go with?

Nice tank! Seems we have very similar taste! I have the same tank and many of the same fish and corals. Let me know when some of those shrooms start popping off babies!

Some of my current rock has hair algae should I just start new for my new tank or put it in the new tank

Also sorry what sand did you go with?

The rocks I added to the 70 gallon had algae on them which has been annoying but I liked the rock and didn't want to take the coral off of it. I would use new rock if possible since it'll be another problem to deal with. The algae on my rocks hasn't moved from the old rock... yet.

On both of the tanks I'm using CaribSea Fiji pink "live" sand. I don't really care if it's supposedly alive but its a nice color and clean. I didn't rinse the sand or rock and didn't have any problems with cloudy water.

Nice tank! Seems we have very similar taste! I have the same tank and many of the same fish and corals. Let me know when some of those shrooms start popping off babies!

Thanks. I've read your thread many times especially when trying to figure out the piping. The stock Cadlights plumbing is the worst, I don't think they could find any thinner piping. I almost went with the Cadlights Versa series with standard size holes but the stand isn't very good.