Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The waterpump in my micro reefs 4+ gallon is rattling like crazy

blaksheep67

Maybe try removing it and giving it a vinager bath. Soak it for a few hours then take it apart and give it a scrub. After cleaning rinse and check if it works in a bowl of ro/di. Is this the mini jet 606? If it took a crap, I don't think these pumps are avail anymore, but other options are out there.

blaksheep67

Thank you, I actually did a water change and increased the level of water in the chamber where the pump is and it stopped.

• 1 year later...
blaksheep67

Raising this one from the dead, Any other tried and true options (pumps) for the 4.5 gallon Micro Reefs all in one ?

• 7 months later...
blaksheep67

Still having this issue, I am writing papers for school and the Micro reefs tank with the original now Rattling Pump is driving me crazy ! any other pump options for this tank ? Please help !

blaksheep67

Still having this issue, I am writing papers for school and the Micro reefs tank with the original now Rattling Pump is driving me crazy ! any other pump options for this tank ? Please help !

• 2 weeks later...

Try to see what side is touching the tank or is closest & try to use something pokey to push a bit of filter pad between it & the wall. Quieted my biocube pump. Also try taking it apart check the impeller & shaft closely the shaft may be worn (look thinner in the middle) or broken. Also check the part of the impeller that goes over the shaft that may be worn the hole in the center will appear off center & irregular if it is. Check the impeller blades for damage something may have gotten caught in the pump.

If you need to replace Check Amazon & ebay for 100gph or whatever gph you want pumps or micro circulation pumps. I have found a few decent small off brand ones. I have one in my 10 & 7g a 120gph tiger pump (works great) & a EcoPlus 100gph. The tiger pump is smaller than the ecopluss & a little quieter. Only drawback most you find have mettle impeller shafts. Ceramic is better but I have had no issues & have noted no rust. The Eco pluss has been running 5 months no issues the Tiger has been running about a month.

Archived