Top Shelf Aquatics

Uchiha's Nano-Cube

Sushi

firefish is much more active now... out & happy (not to mention, not as scared!) :) i see him a lot more, i wonder why i was worried about him in the first place :P

yea, those zoo's are sweet, they don't look that great under regular lighting, and only show their best colors when the actinics come on (or when moonlights are on). for the most part they look like regular orange/green zoo's when all lights come on. i can't wait until they spread, they're one of my fav. color morphs :)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gold zoo's under actinic. they look MUCH better in person

got em from marlooney for $6 couple weeks ago :P i think about 2-3 new heads have begun to pop up already

(sorry for the low quality pics) :blush:

AHHHHHhhh my new addition & favorite coral:

BLUE ZOANTHIDS!

pic shot from above, with actinics, but you get the idea! i'll take pix w/flash if you guys would prefer.

my yellow tubastrea is now nursed back to health!! (didn't look too good at the LFS but here are the results after 2 weeks of spot feeding--no more bowl feeding!!)

i don't turn off the pumps when i feed. i used to, but after realizing that if i just squirt food directly at each polyp, the sun coral's tentacles usually catch about 80% of what i feed. the rest 20% becomes fish food... my clown & firefish love it. not to mention my fire shrimp who eats like a pig.

i feed it Cyclopeeze. basically looks like little red dots...i use a little medicine dropper (bought one from petsmart, $2), and i just give like 2 squirts of that stuff per polyp. it seems to be working well :)

here's a pic of my orange & yellow tubastrea during night time :D

suns looking great. nice to see i sold 'em to someone who's taking good care of 'em. the yellow's doing much better than before too. i just moved the frag of yellows from my prop tank to Christine's tank. i'll try to get pics eventually.

that link i posted, has crazy high prices... sorry i should've found another more "useful" link. but if you go to your LFS and ask about it, they'll most likely have somthing similar in stock. it'll be in the frozen foods section and it should be around ~$15 bucks for a frozen "stick" that's about 2x6 inches. i feed my entire tank minimally once a day once the lights go out and everything seems to be doing fine.

hey guys I just purchased my nano cube a couple of months ago and it has now been up for 5 weeks, not to brag but for some reason I am really good at keeping my livestock healthy but my weak point as an aquarist is ellectrical I just bought a CLS 32 watt retro, I only want 2 bulbs not 3, I have no idea what to do with it, where can I find detailed instructions

-thanks guys

-adam

Archived