Cultivated Reef

Custom Acrylic Work

smiz

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you tested it to see if it'll warp?

I have had a piece under my tank for a week now. But all acrylic will warp, it is not a rigid as glass. The biggest thing is just slowing that process down as much as possible. That is why I moved to 1/4" rather then 1/8". Also the amount of warping that gravity will do should be minimized since the top is supported by the rim or clips, and doesn't have much down force pressure.

Next up on the list in a 40g Breeder AIO kit!

I would be very interested in one of these for the short side.

Let me know what you come up with!

LF Price

• 30 X 15 X 15 Sump
  • Filter pad tray (not sock holder)
  • Skimmer Section
  • Probe Holder (3)
  • Fuge Section
  • Return Section

Similar to the Trigger Emerald 34 sump. However I may have some minor customization I would like...

trigger-emerald26-3-500.jpg

I would be very interested in one of these for the short side.

Let me know what you come up with!

Will be designing one this week. Hopefully will have a functioning one in 2-3 weeks! biggest challenge right now is the return line. Not really sure what to do with it other then cut a circle and have people buy the right fittings for their pump....

LF Price

• 30 X 15 X 15 Sump
  • Filter pad tray (not sock holder)
  • Skimmer Section
  • Probe Holder (3)
  • Fuge Section
  • Return Section

Similar to the Trigger Emerald 34 sump. However I may have some minor customization I would like...

trigger-emerald26-3-500.jpg

Not sure im setup to handle this ATM hope to in the future. Is there a reason you don't buy direct?

Will be designing one this week. Hopefully will have a functioning one in 2-3 weeks! biggest challenge right now is the return line. Not really sure what to do with it other then cut a circle and have people buy the right fittings for their pump....

Not sure im setup to handle this ATM hope to in the future. Is there a reason you don't buy direct?

Mainly... I am not satisfied with some of these stock sump designs 100% and rather see a few tweaks than spending $400 for something I am still not sure about.

The Emerald Series is closest to what I want but is 34" wide. I am limited to 30". The Ruby Series is not what I want either. I am investigating eShopps R-200 and ADV-200 as well.

I haven't looked down the route of lets say Advance Acrylics or the sort yet. Who I know can do it, but have a feeling I will pay out the nose for customizing. Comparing their standard 30x14x15 to eShopps R200, they are 30% high already for a very basic set up.

Mainly... I am not satisfied with some of these stock sump designs 100% and rather see a few tweaks than spending $400 for something I am still not sure about.

The Emerald Series is closest to what I want but is 34" wide. I am limited to 30". The Ruby Series is not what I want either. I am investigating eShopps R-200 and ADV-200 as well.

I haven't looked down the route of lets say Advance Acrylics or the sort yet. Who I know can do it, but have a feeling I will pay out the nose for customizing. Comparing their standard 30x14x15 to eShopps R200, they are 30% high already for a very basic set up.

will send PM tomorrow

So guys, after looking over the previous top I had made I was not satisfied with the way the screen turned out so I remade it. I can poroudly say this next one is 10x better and am super excited. Using a new material and a new method I think the final product is really nice!

AD8DF4CB-6DA0-462C-8C92-C3AC34F49505_zps
286CC62C-0CF2-404A-B1F8-62442545452C_zps
  • 1 month later...

So im making some AIO inserts currently, what do you guys think. Would you prefer it siliconed to the glass or held by suction cups and or magnets?

Archived