Cultivated Reef

Custom Acrylic Work

smiz

smiz - I am in the market for an ATO reservoir as well as dosing reservoirs for my Nanotube 28 stand. I can find individual ones, but if you could make one reservoir, with a large fish water container, tube access in rear, and filler flap in the front, with smaller similar sections for 2-part dosing, you would have a customer for sure. Just trying to find something that holds 5 gallons or more of fresh water.

Total area under the shelf in the stand is 16" tall, 9" wide, 16" deep.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

smiz - I am in the market for an ATO reservoir as well as dosing reservoirs for my Nanotube 28 stand. I can find individual ones, but if you could make one reservoir, with a large fish water container, tube access in rear, and filler flap in the front, with smaller similar sections for 2-part dosing, you would have a customer for sure. Just trying to find something that holds 5 gallons or more of fresh water.

Total area under the shelf in the stand is 16" tall, 9" wide, 16" deep.

I'll shoot you a PM to keep track.

another possibility

92EF0023-4105-4B2B-9B9D-C33C8A049AAA_zps

• 2 weeks later...
Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I have a 14"X14" rimmed tank could you make a screen top for it with about a 1/2 inch of space in the back for cords?

Just thought of something that may be in demand...I know there are a lot of Innovative Marine Nuvo / Fusion owners out there that wanted a back cover to hide equipment / exposed wires. I built one for myself on my first tank but never got around to it on the replacement tank after the first tank cracked.

Here's what I made, but you could probably do it way better and make some coin out of it:

Exposed

gallery_86188_7_58208.png

Cover to hide:

gallery_86188_7_551930.png

I used your tank as an example in another thread on this very topic. I want one for my Fusion 20. I also want your new tank. :P

I used your tank as an example in another thread on this very topic. I want one for my Fusion 20. I also want your new tank. :P

This is what I NEED for the Fusion 30L

Sent you a pm about a 40g breeder AIO kit

sent pm back!

I have a 14"X14" rimmed tank could you make a screen top for it with about a 1/2 inch of space in the back for cords?

Absolutly, I'll shoot you a PM and well work it out.

I need some work for me fusion 30l

PM sent

Whats your rate for black frag racks?

PM!

This is what I NEED for the Fusion 30L

Will have to look into this. The most important thing I need from someone is accurate dimensions!

jedimasterben

Those tank covers are super sweet looking! What would one for a 40 breeder run? I think the inside of the rim is 35x17 or something close to that, a rough cost is all I'm looking for :)

Those tank covers are super sweet looking! What would one for a 40 breeder run? I think the inside of the rim is 35x17 or something close to that, a rough cost is all I'm looking for :)

I'm trying to finish up a pricing guide this week or next to put a solid price on all ranges of tops I can cut. I will PM ya with rough guess and then you can see the pricing sheet later.

What's ur going price for a media rack roughly 3x11" and about 14" tall. Also can u make cones? I have a air skimmer in my aio and it works ok but if I attached some kinda cone to it if get more skimmate.

Hopefully pricing will be sorted out tonight or tomorrow depending on schedule. After it's up I will be creating a new thread just for tops. I'd like to put most of my focus into tops until the process becomes solid, then after that I will venture into other things. If I already have pending PM's about stuff other then tops I will still be working on those, would just like to hold off on taking on more then I can handle on the odd ball stuff! Thanks for all you help and patience guys!

update:tops will include a back cover for the IM series. Working with some locals to get a design figured out!

UPDATE:

So after running all the numbers I will be able to offer your standard one piece top smaller then 24x24 for $120.00! Larger sizes will be additional cost! Will hopefully figure out prices for everything by the weekend.

There will be some additional options to choose from as well and i have prices worked out on all of that as well. Will post everything tomorrow or Friday with pictures of the completed first top on new thread!

UPDATE:

So after running all the numbers I will be able to offer your standard one piece top smaller then 24x24 for $120.00! Larger sizes will be additional cost! Will hopefully figure out prices for everything by the weekend.

There will be some additional options to choose from as well and i have prices worked out on all of that as well. Will post everything tomorrow or Friday with pictures of the completed first top on new thread!

Hmmmmmmmm interesting... Very interesting. 27x19 uses less square inches of Acrylic....... Hmm

Broke ATM but would love one in my future. Looking forward to what you make :)

Hmmmmmmmm interesting... Very interesting. 27x19 uses less square inches of Acrylic....... Hmm

Broke ATM but would love one in my future. Looking forward to what you make :)

HAHA i knew this would come up! I think well do similar sq ft at same pricing :)

HAHA i knew this would come up! I think well do similar sq ft at same pricing :)

Oh yeah I know same pricing; I was just commenting on the fact that you can do large pieces of acrylic. Cool! You using a laser or hand cutting?

I like the AIO inserts would be awesome. I will definitely be on top of that whenever you have them.

I'm sort of changing my mind on this. Was going to spend most of my time designing a drop and play unit for this, but I think I might just roll out ones you silicone yourself and work on the drop and play in the future.

Let me know if you interested in one you silicone in!

Well here it is, getting the mesh on was a 3 hour PITA but this mesh was much better then the stuff from BRS

If acrylic was a solid color i think it would like nice cause it would hide the ends of the mesh.

Top view:
BE6FCF1D-CC65-482D-8500-64DB092D5A83_zps

7B32E037-8F42-4CA6-9A99-2D23A0B59993_zps

7FF1BD34-2CA0-4111-A6A8-F65F98C34D5F_zps

Bottom side up:
3EE26993-39BD-4F08-994C-6EFD0F119D71_zps

346D747A-9730-40E1-A386-4690D5F96027_zps

Well here it is, getting the mesh on was a 3 hour PITA but this mesh was much better then the stuff from BRS

If acrylic was a solid color i think it would like nice cause it would hide the ends of the mesh.

Top view:BE6FCF1D-CC65-482D-8500-64DB092D5A83_zps7B32E037-8F42-4CA6-9A99-2D23A0B59993_zps7FF1BD34-2CA0-4111-A6A8-F65F98C34D5F_zps

Bottom side up:3EE26993-39BD-4F08-994C-6EFD0F119D71_zps346D747A-9730-40E1-A386-4690D5F96027_zps

Nicely done! Who/what tank is that for? (If you can disclose your clients ;) ) and I'm hoping to see pictures of it on the tank!

Nicely done! Who/what tank is that for? (If you can disclose your clients ;) ) and I'm hoping to see pictures of it on the tank!

This one's for masterbuilder, going on one of his nano tanks!

Archived