inTank Media Baskets

Custom Acrylic Work

smiz

KP_Reef_Tank
One thing I would need is exact dimensions so that it will actually slide under your lip and on to your tank.

.75 inches (3/4 of an inch wide)a little bit more than 1/4 of an inch down- centered preferably.

For the drain, I could imagine it with 3-5 tiny drain ports, as long as they stay inside the previously drawn circle. I'm willing to try it.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
music4life87

I really like the AIO insert idea. Inserts for 10ga, 20ga, 40ga breeder and other popular sized tanks would be great options for new people trying to get into reef keeping but don't really have money or room for a sump. And depending on the cost it could be a lot more incentive to get started rather then buying a prebuild AIO tank from one of the popular manufactures.

Could you do a black acrylic overflow box with a grooved top? I might be interested in one of those.

It might be a quite while before I need one, but when I do, I'll be coming to you.

I really like the AIO insert idea. Inserts for 10ga, 20ga, 40ga breeder and other popular sized tanks would be great options for new people trying to get into reef keeping but don't really have money or room for a sump. And depending on the cost it could be a lot more incentive to get started rather then buying a prebuild AIO tank from one of the popular manufactures.

Thanks, I really think it could be a huge hit if it works out. Turn your standard tank into a nice little AIO would be very cool.

It might be a quite while before I need one, but when I do, I'll be coming to you.

No problem, I'll be tuning my skills till then! Hopefully I can start working on something this weekend. I'm in the middle of house renovations.

Cover for the back of my fusion 30L, 40, and 10. Also screen top. Quote please....

I will hopefully have some time this weekends to get things rolling and let you know. New house syndrome is creating quite the to do list, and still need to setup shop

ever thought about making a sump or inserts for the sump?

Yes, I actually am in the early stages of designing a sump for someone, and am making some baffles for someone as well.

What CNC machine did you order?

ended up getting dicked over, so for now it will be done by hand and with my laser cutter.

What about a 40b baffle kit

I could for sure come up with just my own design for a 40g sump, but if you want something specific just let me know.

I will hopefully get a chance to work on a few things tonight. I'm in the process of nailing down some stuff to hopefully be bale to make some pretty cool custom tops for tanks.

ended up getting dicked over, so for now it will be done by hand and with my laser cutter.

So now I have to ask what laser cutter do you have? Are you in manufacturing or are these tools you have as a hobbyist? Not trying to break your balls just curious. As I am a tool junkie. I would love to have some of this stuff in my garage but cant justify the cost. Just wondering if you found some affordable tools that I have not seen. As I am contemplating buying a small laser cutter.

So unfortunately I ran in to some power outages and home renovations this weekend and was not able to get anything cut. I will be trying to find some time this week to run some samples so bear with me! Working on the top off container first.

So now I have to ask what laser cutter do you have? Are you in manufacturing or are these tools you have as a hobbyist? Not trying to break your balls just curious. As I am a tool junkie. I would love to have some of this stuff in my garage but cant justify the cost. Just wondering if you found some affordable tools that I have not seen. As I am contemplating buying a small laser cutter.

Oh no prob.. I am just a guy in my garage. I have a small laser setup now and have been using that to do a few acrylic jobs. It is a chineese laser and is a big PITA.

wanna make me a reactor like this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0d2UNo2L9g

I'm not sure im currently sestup to make anything like this. I will hopefully work up to that point but for now am sticking to squareish pieces lol.

When you say "Custom tops for rimless tanks" ... do you mean a screen top?

Yes, screen tops. I am currently talking to vendors to find a suitable solution for the design and look im going for and can hopefully pump a successful sample piece out this month. This will be a plastic mesh most likely it will not be metal.

Just thought of something that may be in demand...I know there are a lot of Innovative Marine Nuvo / Fusion owners out there that wanted a back cover to hide equipment / exposed wires. I built one for myself on my first tank but never got around to it on the replacement tank after the first tank cracked.

Here's what I made, but you could probably do it way better and make some coin out of it:

Exposed

gallery_86188_7_58208.png

Cover to hide:

gallery_86188_7_551930.png

Just thought of something that may be in demand...I know there are a lot of Innovative Marine Nuvo / Fusion owners out there that wanted a back cover to hide equipment / exposed wires. I built one for myself on my first tank but never got around to it on the replacement tank after the first tank cracked.

Here's what I made, but you could probably do it way better and make some coin out of it:

This is for sure on the radar, already had someone ask about these!

So did a little bit of thinking on the AIO kits. Here was two ideas I had.

First one is just standard assembled baffles that you will have to silicone to your tank.

Second one is a fully assembled box that clips over the back of you tank so just drop and play, no silicone required.

post-73207-0-99136900-1435004862_thumb.png

post-73207-0-60470100-1435004879_thumb.png

post-73207-0-82278900-1435004889_thumb.png

but what if it's a rimmed tank?

Guess that was a bad example. I just used that rimless tank because I had made it before. I think it would work similar for a rimed you would just not have as tight of a fit on the sides due to the lip.

Have you came up with an idea on the mesh tops yet?

working on it now. Trying to talk to some vendors on figuring out what mesh to use. But i would really like to get into this. I have someone who already wants one and he will be my test rat lol. I know how i want them to look and what options i want to offer i just need to nail everything down.

Archived